GAME DAY - Manly v Penrith [Round 6,2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • 11 Apr 2015
  • Manly Daily
  • Peter Peters is a director of the Sea Eagles and Manly Leagues Club
Trbojevic public property

NO LONGER WILL HE BE ABLE TO ESCAPE BEING RECOGNISED
TOMMY Trbojevic’s two-try debut for Manly surprised no one who follows rugby league on the peninsula.

For two years the quietly spoken teenager from the Mona Vale Raiders has been meticulously prepared for his introduction into the toughest sporting competition in the world – the NRL.

Training fulltime with the Sea Eagles has allowed him to build on his strength and speed and to hone his skills in catching, kicking, passing and tackling.

The difference between Trbojevic now and a few weeks ago is that he will be exposed to the spotlight which comes with being a rising NRL star.

No longer will he be able to escape being recognised as he goes about life with his mates at the northern end of the peninsula. He is now public property.

Trbojevic has been well versed in what to expect.

He has watched closely as his teammates have gone through the highs and lows of the past few seasons.

Coach Geoff Toovey has been the perfect person to guide the youngster through his preparation and entry into the big time.

Toovey was the same age when Bob Fulton used him as a replacement for Cliff Lyons in a 44-30 win over Cronulla at Brookvale Oval on May 7, 1988.

Two weeks later the snowy-haired halfback with the choirboy look was man of the match as Manly beat Great Britain 30-0 at Brookvale Oval.

BACK TO BROOKIE

AND while the effort of Trbojevic took the heat off a disappointing defeat in Albury many Manly fans are counting the days to see the youngster play first grade at Brookvale Oval.

Pencil in Sunday, May 10 – Manly’s next home game, against Newcastle Knights. It is a 2pm kick-off. Manly fans will get the chance to meet their new star after the game at Manly Leagues Club. The team is looking forward to meeting fans after the game.

Stand-in captain Brett Stewart said the players are looking forward to a rare day match at Brookvale.

“So too is going back to our traditional home at Manly Leagues Club,” Stewart said.

PLAYERS OWN UP

TO THEIR credit Manly players are owning up 100 per cent for the team’s poor start to the season.

Before they left Albury last weekend they got together with coaching staff and gave their thoughts on where the side was falling down.
----------------------------------------------------------
Before or after Z ? - cause if it was before, they did not action the escape plan :confused:

Not expecting a win here. Along with any of the Dragons home grounds, we always do it tough when we make the trip out to Penrith. The boys could do it but Penrith's home ground will seriously test their enthusiasm and attitude.

Eagles by 20 ...... have a feeling we will jag this one.

Yep, swapped my negative Penrith tip back to the Eagles. I hope Steve Matai is fully recovered, I'd hate to lose him again to a recurring injury.
Us by 6

21315_10207253556837429_3621544046884080552_n.jpg

So Brett Stewart is out tonight with a groin strain
That's just great...when finally catch a break with injuries to our opposition and then we lose even more players..
By the way every time I read one of your posts NE...It always comes across in a Mr Burns voice..am I the only one !

That's just great...when finally catch a break with injuries to our opposition and then we lose even more players..
By the way every time I read one of your posts NE...It always comes across in a Mr Burns voice..am I the only one !
No.

It was announced on the radio, they said he's pulled up with a groin strain. I love Brett but I'm very excited to see the Tommy gun at fullback, his enthusiasm could get us on the front foot. Still, I hope their mail was wrong.

No Lyon, Stewart, Mateo, Lawrence, Taufua, Gutherson and Starling

vs

No Soward, Wallace, Idris, Whare, Brown, Murdoch-Masila and Kite

Massive cripple fight

Panthers 1-12.

It was announced on the radio, they said he's pulled up with a groin strain. I love Brett but I'm very excited to see the Tommy gun at fullback, his enthusiasm could get us on the front foot. Still, I hope their mail was wrong.
Strangely, I hope it was right.

This will be the first game i have not watched live in four years, either at the ground, live stream or on tv. I would love to see turbo at fullback, but i ad settle for a win.

@Mark from Brisbane hope your son-in-law enjoys the game and your family enjoy the game regardless of the outcome. Its moments that make up our lives.

Manly by 12+

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9