GAME DAY - Manly v Raiders [Round 23, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To win that game after all the things that went against us and playing a team that had 2 players in their team who according to the rules of the game should not have been allowed to play while we were denied playing playing Willie because of a pedantic rule change shows you just how tough and resilient this team is. I really believed that at 16-24 we were out of juice and struggling to keep going but then our clutch players, Killer, DCE, Feleti and Snake snatch the game for us. I am so proud of what they have done over the last month. Goes to show that our spirit is alive and kicking and we are still a chance of making the finals, Well done boys for believing in your coach and yourselves. Now to smash the whingers out of the park next Sunday.

Nice post mate, nailed it perfectly.

To be fair we did not have our first choice front row out there. Very hard to contain a pack like theirs when you dont have the size to match them.
I'm talking in general over the whole season but even in this winning streak there are way too many soft metres available in nearly every single set to be a contender but it has improved.

We are a sit back and contain defence pretty much since last year, I want our smaller forwards to have a pack mentality in your face style that uses number flooding with intensity at the advantage line to make up for our small size.

Obviously easier said than done and very draining physically but we have to start showing it in a balanced fashion to take us seriously against Roosters South's Cowboys in the semis.

To win that game after all the things that went against us and playing a team that had 2 players in their team who according to the rules of the game should not have been allowed to play while we were denied playing playing Willie because of a pedantic rule change shows you just how tough and resilient this team is. I really believed that at 16-24 we were out of juice and struggling to keep going but then our clutch players, Killer, DCE, Feleti and Snake snatch the game for us. I am so proud of what they have done over the last month. Goes to show that our spirit is alive and kicking and we are still a chance of making the finals, Well done boys for believing in your coach and yourselves. Now to smash the whingers out of the park next Sunday.
Not many other teams would of come back like Manly did in last 10 - against an equally desperate team. It was a pretty high energy, high stakes semi final like game, and Manly's experienced should in the end, when they needed to pull something out, they did

I'm talking in general over the whole season but even in this winning streak there are way too many soft metres available in nearly every single set to be a contender but it has improved.

We are a sit back and contain defence pretty much since last year, I want our smaller forwards to have a pack mentality in your face style that uses number flooding with intensity at the advantage line to make up for our small size.

Obviously easier said than done and very draining physically but we have to start showing it in a balanced fashion to take us seriously against Roosters South's Cowboys in the semis.

Not sure what games you have been watching of late, but that's exactly what our smaller pack have been doing!!

Those play the ball penalties were killing us
It's one of those grey areas the NRL have created. Canberra were waaaay worse than us but got pinged maybe twice all game, while Checcin just had it in his mouth and blowing it every time we tackled them. Farking cheating bastard.

They are not doing it well enough but as I said it has improved since the rev up the squad received after the Cowboys game for slow line speed.
Your comparing them to an international pack. I think they are doing the best they can, they are holding their own out there against much more fancied packs like Souths last week, enough so that the backs can do their stuff - which is still easily the best backline in the comp

We'll win the premiership, I'd stick my fortune on it, both six packs.
You've still got 2 six packs left on a Sunday arvo after a game like THAT? What type of a man are you? You'll have Checcin knocking on your door with that sort of behavior!

You can really tell Ricky Stuart's influence over the Raiders this year. Those like myself who are old enough to remember Stuart's playing days will remember that while he was one of the best halfbacks of his time, he also put a fair bit of cheap niggle into his game. Today the Raiders had a hell of a lot of cheap niggle in their game.

Parramatta next week should be our next victim. Although this win was not convincing for me, the heart in the end prooved the winner on the day and I am glad we got the points. We can never forget that we are Manly and we fight to the end.

Gee you lot are harsh judges:

Canberra are one of the best attacking team in the NRL.
We have Mason (NRL) and Jake T on the sidelines.
Canberra are playing for their lives.
Away from home.

Just look at how past teams have done this year at Canberras home ground.

Tigers - by just 2
Sharks - by just 1
Knights - lost by 14
Cowboys - by just 1
Broncos by 12 (but I think they are running 1st)
Bullbogs by just 7
Titans lost by 40
Storm by just 4
Dragons by just 2
Warriors by 12

What did you guys expect?, A 20-point Manly win?

NYEagle

Now that I and most of us have calmed down a bit lol. When you look at the game, our errors were a big part in this game . When you consider their points came from an intercept, a kick that we didnt deal with and a bad one on one miss, that is 18 points that we really should have prevented. There have been several games this year where we would have wilted after we threw away that lead but what was so good to see was that Manly went for it and it paid off. Today was a loose performance and I think a let down after 3 huge performances, We got a bit lucky and now we must carry that on first of all next week cause that game is a banana skin for us if we are a bit off, Whingermatta are the enemy and will be up for this game, we have to lift and be ready! Great to see the Manly spirit alive and kicking, all 3 grades win this weekend and the club is buzzing, keep it going fellas!

Just got back from the game. What a game. Big Manly crowd today.

When snake scored that match winner the Manly crowd were ecstatic. Ive actaully lost my voice @:D.

Not our best win, but a vital win none the less.

GO MANLY!!!!
I don't know why my daughter just called me, she's been at the game and can't talk after screaming at the boys all afternoon just like me here, silence both ends lol, we are ridiculous.

Gee you lot are harsh judges:

Canberra are one of the best attacking team in the NRL.
We have Mason (NRL) and Jake T on the sidelines.
Canberra are playing for their lives.
Away from home.

Just look at how past teams have done this year at Canberras home ground.

Tigers - by just 2
Sharks - by just 1
Knights - lost by 14
Cowboys - by just 1
Broncos by 12 (but I think they are running 1st)
Bullbogs by just 7
Titans lost by 40
Storm by just 4
Dragons by just 2
Warriors by 12

What did you guys expect?, A 20-point Manly win?

NYEagle
I was hoping

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8