GAME DAY - Manly v Sharks [Round 17, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There is more than likely going to be a minute silence before the game tomorrow as a mark of respect for Adelaide Crows (AFL) coach Phil Walsh who was tragically murdered here in Adelaide in the early hours of Friday morning.

Just goes to show that it doesn't matter that the NRL and AFL are rival codes, we're all human beings underneath.

Oh my beloved Adelaide Crows! :( What a great coach and a great man! He has taken the Crows to the next level this year and turned them into true premiership contenders!
Who knows how this tragedy will effect the club, especially the players, but I hope this tragedy can be a shining light for the boys and can inspire them to do everything they can to try and win this years premiership in memory of their great coach, their mentor, their father figure...... :)

Ive had my guernsey hanging out on the front porch in his honor since this tragic, devastating news broke!

The pride of South Australia.....
"WE WILL FLY AS ONE!"

I hope DCE plays a blinder against the Sharks today (while at the same time I hope Morgan has a shocker on Wednesday AND that Qld lose badly.....nothing against the kid, but just to shut up the Qld hillbillies who like to blame Daly for their losing games).

Manly by 20 (and NSW by the same).

Hodges in for Horo and Starling in for Hasson according to Dean Ritchie.
If that's true then finally Tooves has decided to do something........anything. I would be happy with that selection but it needs to be that way for a few weeks to develop combos and get the full benefit.

Thank the stars.
Toovey can do something different after all !!!!

For the first time in how long we seem to have " options" in relation to selection.

How that pans out as far as on field performance goes is anyone's guess.

I just hope it means we can win about half the games left to both avoid the spoon and give us fans a few reasons to celebrate in what really has been the ****iest 12 months in all my years of supporting.

How's everyone's confidence about today's game? The way we've been going, it's hard to have any sort of conviction behind backing our boys in for a win today, but a Sunday arvo at Brookie, DCE playing after being dropped for SOO, Killer hopefully coming back into the squad and the Sharks having Ennis and Gallen out, I would be extremely disappointed if we didn't win.

If we can't win this one Mitch, they may as well give us the spoon now as we probably won't win another one this year!!

Watching on from Cairns this afternoon, one things for sure it's a damn sight warmer up here than down there.

Top of 28 today, low of 20 overnight ( although had to pull up the light blanket early this morning).

Hope we get a decent crowd at Brooky.

Nervous about this one but if we click then we could put the Sharks away just like we did with Newcastle.

A win by 11+ puts us ahead of Newcastle on the ladder by p/d

A win this week and then a win next week against the Titans will ease some pressure. We could find ourselves ahead of or on level points as 4 other teams, depending on tomorrow's match against the Tigers and Eels.

No way. The crowd will be 15,103

No way the crowd will be 15 261

So looking forward to this afternoon. Normally due to prior commitments these days on a Sunday afternoon I can never get to a game on Sunday's

But today I can, so pumped!!
As said before if we can not beat the Sharks today then they might as well give us the spoon.

School holidays Sunny Day and weakened sharks team no excuses not turning up today in terms of crowd numbers.

Last edited:
How's everyone's confidence about today's game? The way we've been going, it's hard to have any sort of conviction behind backing our boys in for a win today, but a Sunday arvo at Brookie, DCE playing after being dropped for SOO, Killer hopefully coming back into the squad and the Sharks having Ennis and Gallen out, I would be extremely disappointed if we didn't win.
Manly by 30+ or I'll be disappointed.
No Ennis or Gallen, Manly virtual full squad, healthy and rested, fortress, Sunday afternoon = no excuses for anything less.
NYEagle

Get down there early. Zorba will be chowing down those pies already. There won't be too many pies left for the $2 pie special.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8