Generic thread title.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
RE: Choc 'forced' out of Manly - family gutted

Ryan said:
conanu said:
Ryan said:
First of all, telling a fan to go support another club is 16 year old kid, 1998 type of garbage, so lets move on from that.

I have no desire to get involved in the debate other than to say that we all love the club in our own way and that should be fine.

BUT

What on earth happened to you in 1998, Ryan, that you single this year out?

I'm intrigued.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Ryan said:
conanu said:
Ryan said:
First of all, telling a fan to go support another club is 16 year old kid, 1998 type of garbage, so lets move on from that.

I have no desire to get involved in the debate other than to say that we all love the club in our own way and that should be fine.

BUT

I'm intrigued.

LOL, no idea. Just picked a random one.

Whatnow who??? Why would I even care. He is a nothing. Nothing to see here. These aren't the droids we're looking for. Move on.

Ryan said:
Budgewoi Eagle said:
Ryan said:
conanu said:
Ryan said:

BUT

I'm intrigued.

LOL, no idea. Just picked a random one.

Must have had sex for the first time !!

mickqld said:
Whatnow who??? Why would I even care. He is a nothing. Nothing to see here. These aren't the droids we're looking for. Move on.

I wish we could but people keep posting on this thread!!

You make some good points Ryan and yeah the go join another club stuff is a bit kindergarten. I know there was turmoil and crap going on at the club and sometimes where there is smoke there is fire (or someone sending smoke signals) . I am not the kind of person that thinks everything in the paper is lies although i do believe that 99.9% of the type of "club turmoil & drama" stories are sensationalised to drive agendas and sell papers and im not just referring to our club. We were a good few injuries away from our best last year, and although its not wise to use injuries to mask bad performances, we just cannot ignore the fact that the club managed to finish second even though the drama was going on behind the scenes. The drama didnt help, but we cannot ignore that losing Ballin who barely missed a game for nearly 6 years effected us, Buhrer was covering for Glenn all season and then he went down which meant we not only lost the 1st choice cover for Ballin but we lost the cover for Glenn and we also lost Buhrer in his own right. Hodgo took that knock in the first semi and with our forward pack monstered by Souths we floundered and Foran and Evans were effectively shut down which made them look disinterested Foran especially. Next game Hodgo was better but we lost Watmough. So by that stage we covered hooker but it was a Manly forward pack minus G. Stewart, Watmough, Ballin and Buhrer. You cannot tell me that our depth should have covered a loss of finals experience of that magnitude. Those guys play and no amount of club turmoil would have stopped us.
I respect you Ryan and thats why I said I want the old Ryan back, because i felt you had become more than pessimistic lately. But your response to my post proves to me there is still plenty of music left in you.

And I agree the future looks bright, considering it is the watershed year.

mickqld said:

nice star wars reference....esp since the trailer 'tease' has just been released!

woot.

:cool:

What is it with Choc and his insatiable need to see his name in the media?

Through this last season (at least, after Gifty was told he wasn't in our 2015 plans) he was on Nein News almost on a weekly basis spilling his guts about this and that to do with Manly......but then at the end of the season he openly criticised the club for the continual media leaks.

I think as fans we all respect Choc for what he did on-field for Manly in his time here, the guy was a true warrior who bled for this club in a golden era. But that respect was tempered by the fact that regular brain explosions both on and off the field continually made him look like a goose.

We will miss him on the field, but no one is irreplaceable on a sports team.

giphy.gif

Watmough has turned into a real media slut with articles constantly in the newspapers Choc Kardashian.

Anthony Watmough already having big impact at Parramatta Eels following move to the NRL club

BRAD Arthur calls them “puppy dog eyes”.

The Parramatta coach is explaining Anthony Watmough’s influence on the young Eels forwards.

Arthur speaks about Watmough’s hard edge. He admits it is what the Eels lacked in 2014.

You ask how they overcome the loss of Jarryd Hayne?

Can Will Hopoate fill Hayne’s boots?

And what about Chris Sandow, will it be his last year in blue and gold despite his redemption this year?

Three months out from the start of the 2015 NRL season, the usually media shy Eels coach sat down with The Daily Telegraph and opened up about the year ahead.

He spoke about solidarity in the club, from the board to the administration and coaching staff right down to players at the tail-end of his 39-man squad.

After years of infighting, he says, the club is finally pulling in one direction.

But above all else, the message we got is why Arthur thinks Watmough — a 288 NRL game veteran who comes with a body bashed up by 13 years of running through brick walls — is worth every cent the Eels paid for him.

CHOC’S CULTURE CHANGE

We’ve heard what Watmough thinks of Arthur. How the NRL warhorse rates this NRL rookie coach the best he has played under.

Now it’s Arthur’s turn to return a compliment.

“It is not so much with Choc do as I say, it is do as I do,” Arthur says. “And he is outstanding shape. He is a little bit heavier and he is leaner and he is stronger.

“And without making a big song and dance about it he has grabbed a few of the young boys and given them a few tips about things the others boys probably wouldn’t see.

“These young boys are looking at him with big puppy dog eyes every time he opens his mouth.

“I don’t want him coming here and thinking that he has got to try and save the world but the things that he is doing at the moment show very good signs of leadership.”

And while Arthur still hasn’t named who will join Tim Mannah as co-captain next year in place of Hayne, he says Watmough will lead by example.

“The thing is with Choc, I wouldn’t need to put the C next to his name or as a co-captain because it wouldn’t change what he is doing,” Arthur continues.

“You can have a lot of senior players who would not do what he is doing because of the competition and that they are worried about the young blokes taking their spot.

“But not him. He is trying to help them gain a spot in the team and put himself, not at risk, but he is putting more pressure on himself to perform because he is making these kids better.

“I only spent 12 months at Manly and saw how he operated there and he was busted all the time.

“But it didn’t stop how he trained, it didn’t stop how he played. People wouldn’t know what he went through to play every week.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/anthony-watmough-already-having-big-impact-at-parramatta-eels-following-move-to-the-nrl-club/story-fnp0lyn3-1227145204511

“I only spent 12 months at Manly and saw how he operated there and he was busted all the time."

This is the bit that gets me

If he was busted all the time two years ago what is he going to be like in the last year of his contract at parra? Wheelchair bound?

Agree - they just sound silly

Maybe he was busted all the time for poor behaviour/attitude

Puppy dog eyes, LOL

Oh hang on, he's found God hasn't he.....maybe they think he's God???

Yep Choc Kardasian would be enjoying his new found celebrity status , wonder if he's sold his house on the beaches and moved out near his beloved Brett Arthur??

Mark from Brisbane said:
Puppy dog eyes, LOL

Oh hang on, he's found God hasn't he.....maybe they think he's God???

Yep Choc Kardasian would be enjoying his new found celebrity status , wonder if he's sold his house on the beaches and moved out near his beloved Brett Arthur??

Sounds like Watmough and Arthur are emulating Bennett and Boyd.

bones said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Brad's brother? :p

Bea's his sister (Golden Girls)

bob dylan said:
bones said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Bea's sister (Golden Girls)

Bea had a sister named Brett? Now I'm really lost :huh:

bones said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Ha yes I did mean Brad, that's how famous he is I forgot his name.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10