Generic thread title.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
RE: Choc 'forced' out of Manly - family gutted

I haven't bagged Watmough once throughout all the drama but I draw the line with the latest article; what a poof. A born again Christian helping a commercial money making cult having gone to church after training a little over three weeks ago. He has Jesus on his side now? What a 9ball!

Bomack44 said:
Yea nice one anthony. Brian Huston has his critics because he helped cover up his fathers pedoaphilic ways.

Stick to talking to football anthony its what you know about champ

Also worth noting was his quote in today's paper regarding the ring on eBay

"I didn't try and win premierships for the club. It was for my mates. "

Well said by a life member and a member of the exclusive 200 club. NOT

and what this forum is about...

I think Parramatta are well aware that they will need a miracle now that Hayne has gone. Anthony is obviously desperate and is putting his faith in a last resort - that act of God will help Parramatta win a game in 2015.

LOL. I think Watmough may have just jumped the shark. Hilarious stuff.

Chip and Chase said:

Wow. Jumped the shark is right C&C. Which can only mean this will be his last season before he gets cancelled.

Have not laughed so much in, oh maybe ever.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Chip and Chase said:

Wow. Jumped the shark is right C&C. Which can only mean this will be his last season before he gets cancelled.

Yep - you got it in one! Jumped the shark. Words fail me

Snake said:
I haven't bagged Watmough once throughout all the drama but I draw the line with the latest article; what a poof. A born again Christian helping a commercial money making cult having gone to church after training a little over three weeks ago. He has Jesus on his side now? What a 9ball!

Snake, pure gold!

Shoe1 said:
Budgewoi Eagle said:
Chip and Chase said:

Yep - you got it in one! Jumped the shark. Words fail me

As the producers of Happy days say: We did over a 100 episodes after the jump the shark episode....so we don't know why it became a saying!

Yeah, nice. Bag a guy for his beliefs everyone. I think it's great Manna and Hopoate are instilling (or helping him find) values and direction. I think Choc will have a fantastic year at Parra, and I'm glad he's leaving his demons behind.

Make no mistake, we WERE a debacle last year, so those articles are correct. Many players talk about how great Arthur is, not just Choc, so that is correct too.

Just because he's becoming a Christian, and is proud of it, people criticise him?

Good on ya Choc. Hope you do well next season champion. Just not against Manly.

Manly Champion always but Meh good luck to him hope he does find God and the Hillsong are happy with their 70k per year fee
When Manly plays Parra hopefully he brings his hands like feet

Ryan said:
Yeah, nice. Bag a guy for his beliefs everyone. I think it's great Manna and Hopoate are instilling (or helping him find) values and direction. I think Choc will have a fantastic year at Parra, and I'm glad he's leaving his demons behind.

Make no mistake, we WERE a debacle last year, so those articles are correct. Many players talk about how great Arthur is, not just Choc, so that is correct too.

Just because he's becoming a Christian, and is proud of it, people criticise him?

If you love them so much Ryan you can join them. Honestly mate you might as well, because you rarely have a good word to say about our club, yet you praise these blokes and find positives in everything that they do.
I thought you were a bit smarter than to believe all this crap that was in the telegraph and other certain media outlets. Has the last 5 years taught you nothing? All the destabilising articles about the club were obviously an agenda to force the football club and the faction that was opposed to the Penn's into a buy out. Now that the buy out has happened funnily enough its all warm and fuzzy stories from the same crowd of journos that were writing the crap. End result is hopefully a bright future for Manly and no more bickering and bull**** smear campaigns. I dont care how we got here i just want to move forward. But i am smart enough to realise that when those Journo's say people have a close bond it just means they know each other and worked together. Because as good as Brad Arthur is I doubt his bond with Choc is stronger than Choc's bond with Matai or Snake. Its just fluff to sell the column on a piece of pre-recycled dunny paper.

I have said it before and i will say it again. Brad Arthur is not the messiah (insert dorky very naughty boy joke) he is just a really good professional coach. Something which Parra has lacked since John Mooney. Players do not seat Brad Arthur at the Right hand of god. Choc might have thought Arthur was good but make no mistake Choc is at Parra because of one lousy year extra on a contract and an ego boost, nothing more nothing less. Choc is in a place now where his ego is out of control now that he isn't just one of the important players in a champion team. He is now a "Demi God" at Parra and he believes he is the second coming of Ben Kennedy. Choc and his Mrs have an insatiable need to see the Watmough name in the paper every 5 mins and this is the most telling thing to me that we made a great decision letting him go. Watmoughs have become the new Kardashian's of Parramatta with lots of content but not a great deal of substance.
The Ego has landed at Parramatta and good luck to him and his Hillsong buddies, I couldnt care less if they all gave 50% of their wages to Hillsong and wasted all their precious time away from footy singing songs of praise. I hope it works for them. Choc's Me Me Me personality doesn't fit in at Manly so it was best that he went to a club where they see him in the same amazing light as he sees himself.

"Make no mistake, we WERE a debacle last year, so those articles are correct. Many players talk about how great Arthur is, not just Choc, so that is correct too."

How is second at the end of the regular season a debacle?? Only to lose our Hooker and the backup Hooker in the final round and then the 3rd string hooker took a knock in the first semi and we basically retire injured a debacle?? How are those articles correct?? Who other than an agenda driven pack of Journos and a player looking to ink a new contract elsewhere said that was the sole reason for us grinding to a halt. I'm sure those issues didn't help morale for a couple of blokes in the middle of it all, but to say that it was the reason we pulled up short is utter sensationalist garbage.

Arthur is fine but Toovey and Bellamy taught him everything he knows so why wouldn't he be half decent. The team Arthur coached in 2014 capitulated in the final rounds to teams that were coming last and missed the 8 after a reasonable season I would call that a debacle. And certainly not "Super-Coach" standard.

Get positive about Manly Ryan or like Choc go and "find yourself" at another
club mate.

I personally hope the old Ryan comes back to us.

Ryan said:

Yep, it really reads like Choc put a huge amount of thought into it. :) Three weeks in and he's all over the details of his Church of choice and ready to talk up Jesus and His influence.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that his turn to religion is not built on any strong sense of faith. Hillsong is just another brand like Tinkler, looking for footballers and the famous to give them credibility in social circles.

When a Church has its followers building a clique that sees many think they have to live in the right place, or have the right job to be an important contributor to it, you have to ask yourself whether it really is about God, or something more shiny.

Hamster Huey said:
Ryan said:

Yep, it really reads like Choc put a huge amount of thought into it. :) Three weeks in and he's all over the details of his Church of choice and ready to talk up Jesus and his influence.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that his turn to religion is not built on any strong sense of faith. Hillsong is just another brand like Tinkler, looking for footballers and the famous to give them credibility in social circles.

When a Church has its followers building a clique that sees many think they have to live in the right place, or have the right job to be an important contributor to it, you have to ask yourself whether it really is about God, or something more shiny.

Wise words Hamster. And well put.

Political correctness reads that Choc can believe whatever he wants. Political correctness also allows me that very same virtue and I believe Choc is a goose. I laugh uncontrollably in Choc's direction at the stupidity he has displayed in the aforementioned articles on this thread.

Found God and lost $70k a year

LOL!!!

Stick to Footy Choc, you ain't the sharpest tool in the shed, and a few songs from Pastor Brian won't change that !!

I'm a firm believer in everyone believing in whatever they want to.

I don't think i would be the only one who rolled their eyes at Choc's new found love of religion!

If he has actually found religion for the right reasons in his life, well done....but with Choc you just never know. He seems to shoot his mouth off before he engages his brain.

All the best whatever happens Choc.

I won't forget all the blood and guts you spilt for us over the years but it didn't end well.

Go Manly and i hope parra get another wooden spoon!

conanu said:
Ryan said:

If you love them so much Ryan you can join them. Honestly mate you might as well, because you rarely have a good word to say about our club, yet you praise these blokes and find positives in everything that they do.
I thought you were a bit smarter than to believe all this crap that was in the telegraph and other certain media outlets. Has the last 5 years taught you nothing? All the destabilising articles about the club were obviously an agenda to force the football club and the faction that was opposed to the Penn's into a buy out. Now that the buy out has happened funnily enough its all warm and fuzzy stories from the same crowd of journos that were writing the crap. End result is hopefully a bright future for Manly and no more bickering and bull**** smear campaigns. I dont care how we got here i just want to move forward. But i am smart enough to realise that when those Journo's say people have a close bond it just means they know each other and worked together. Because as good as Brad Arthur is I doubt his bond with Choc is stronger than Choc's bond with Matai or Snake. Its just fluff to sell the column on a piece of pre-recycled dunny paper.

I have said it before and i will say it again. Brad Arthur is not the messiah (insert dorky very naughty boy joke) he is just a really good professional coach. Something which Parra has lacked since John Mooney. Players do not seat Brad Arthur at the Right hand of god. Choc might have thought Arthur was good but make no mistake Choc is at Parra because of one lousy year extra on a contract and an ego boost, nothing more nothing less. Choc is in a place now where his ego is out of control now that he isn't just one of the important players in a champion team. He is now a "Demi God" at Parra and he believes he is the second coming of Ben Kennedy. Choc and his Mrs have an insatiable need to see the Watmough name in the paper every 5 mins and this is the most telling thing to me that we made a great decision letting him go. Watmoughs have become the new Kardashian's of Parramatta with lots of content but not a great deal of substance.
The Ego has landed at Parramatta and good luck to him and his Hillsong buddies, I couldnt care less if they all gave 50% of their wages to Hillsong and wasted all their precious time away from footy singing songs of praise. I hope it works for them. Choc's Me Me Me personality doesn't fit in at Manly so it was best that he went to a club where they see him in the same amazing light as he sees himself.

"Make no mistake, we WERE a debacle last year, so those articles are correct. Many players talk about how great Arthur is, not just Choc, so that is correct too."

How is second at the end of the regular season a debacle?? Only to lose our Hooker and the backup Hooker in the final round and then the 3rd string hooker took a knock in the first semi and we basically retire injured a debacle?? How are those articles correct?? Who other than an agenda driven pack of Journos and a player looking to ink a new contract elsewhere said that was the sole reason for us grinding to a halt. I'm sure those issues didn't help morale for a couple of blokes in the middle of it all, but to say that it was the reason we pulled up short is utter sensationalist garbage.

Arthur is fine but Toovey and Bellamy taught him everything he knows so why wouldn't he be half decent. The team Arthur coached in 2014 capitulated in the final rounds to teams that were coming last and missed the 8 after a reasonable season I would call that a debacle. And certainly not "Super-Coach" standard.

Get positive about Manly Ryan or like Choc go and "find yourself" at another
club mate.

I personally hope the old Ryan comes back to us.

First of all, telling a fan to go support another club is 16 year old kid, 1998 type of garbage, so lets move on from that.

Secondly, no matter what you suggest, watching Stewart / Watmough walk away from the camera, making snide comments (that's not sensationalism, that's reality), and reading comments quoting Foran suggesting that he doesn't want to be here at times, and reading comments about Matai wanting a release, and Matai suggesting there would be a revolt if G Stewart wasn't re-signed is chaos, no matter what floss you want to attach to it.

You can pretend that everything last year didn't happen, and it was all cherry blossoms and roses all you like, but there was a foul taste at Sea Eagles headquarters. Changes needed to be made, and quickly, and they have.

It is extremely insular that as soon as a player signs elsewhere (including Des / Crusher), they are lower than dirt to some. Was the REASONING behind why they left ideal? Not sure - but none of us can confess to know definitively.

Parra went from wooden spooners, to one game away from the finals last year. Yessss, they aren't Manly, so I get that we just have to automatically think anything they as a club, or their fans do, are the worst things in the world (sarcasm), but lets be mature about it, and say, "hey, they did well". They over achieved given their roster in my opinion.

Lastly, I have plenty of good things to say about OUR club. Not "your" club to tell people who should, and should not support the team - OURS. Now, the issue here, is that your The Phantom when particular posters DO make positive commentary about the team, yet say anything critical (and yes, I am massively critical of Kieran Foran's attitude both on and off the park - you saw how up-tempo and passionate he was for the Kiwi's yeah?), and other aspects of the team, and you latch on the glass like a Pleco fish.

I thought we had the best roster in the NRL last season. Some others here disagree, so I personally think we underperformed, especially in the finals. I won't use injuries as an excuse like you have, because I think our depth is outstanding, and more than capable - sorry. I put this down to a combination of attitude issues, which I also thought Tooves should have had sorted out.

Onto next year. I think everything is outstanding. Great looking roster. Great off the field. The thing that could dismantle us, is the BS associated with our halves contracts. I was told Foran has already signed elsewhere by a few people, but I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

I HOPE Toovey has a balanced team (attitude wise). He has a very quality one. Our backline is the best in the NRL in my opinion, with a mix of youth, experience, speed and intimidation. Our forwards are GROSSLY under rated, and I'm happy with that.

Mason, Lawrence, Mateo, Buhrer, Symonds, Horo, Ballin, then a core group of depth like Starling, JSL, Lui, Trbojevic etc. Big, powerful, diverse, and with more ball playing than we have seen in a while (second phase play).

Tell you what, I have VERY high expectations. If we can't win a FEW finals, then yeah, I'll be saying we under achieved again.

But yeah man, move on from that sandpit, "go support another team" guff. It's embarrassing - and every time I read it on these forums, I just shake my head, and think, "must be a kid, trying to get a rise, move along". It embarrasses whoever wrote it, and I hope people start thinking along those lines as well.

manlywarringah said:
I'm a firm believer in everyone believing in whatever they want to.

I don't think i would be the only one who rolled their eyes at Choc's new found love of religion!

If he has actually found religion for the right reasons in his life, well done....but with Choc you just never know. He seems to shoot his mouth off before he engages his brain.

All the best whatever happens Choc.

I won't forget all the blood and guts you spilt for us over the years but it didn't end well.

Go Manly and i hope parra get another wooden spoon!

Thank you - a MUCH more mature, and rounded response.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8