Gift gone...... to Souths!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm disappointed and upset at how Manly could let this happen. Glenn has been a fabulous player for Manly and I am saddened that he will be leaving. It will be hard to break the news to my little one. Glenn was one of her favourites.

Good luck for your future Glen, you will be missed.

Can we lose DCE next? That will make it the trifecta of Clive Churchill medallists to leave. I'm sure the NRL will try their best to get him to the Broncos.

Think this was a sad but necessary thing - great service great servant to the club but somebody had to go that's the reality. Management has made a tough choice and now we have to get on with it.

One door closes....another one opens

HappilyManly said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Any chance he could get to 200 games for Manly this year?
He is on 187, so conceivably a 200 game Player :angel:

Glad he managed to keep living in Gods Country and earn good monies for the next two years too ;)

Yes glad.... He can now drive through the northern beaches and view the great matron and white spectacle !

Snake said:
The worst part of all this, is that our tough aggressive forward pack that beat up the opposition are no more. Choc and an ageing Jason King are all that is left of the bruisers.

When was Princess a bruiser?

Hope for Glenn this isn't like Vautin to the Roosters.

The Wheel said:
Very sad just hope Brett doesn't spit the dummy as a result, not the club faults we can't make an offer it is the system that we have to work with.

if he does spit the dummy, he won't be playing fullback in front of GI!
i think brett will stay.... to me that the best thing about glenn signing with rabbits, nowhere for brett to follow

Manly already told Snake that they won't release him. Plus he has a four year @650k contract. No one in the NRL has that much left under their cap.

the mauler said:
Crusher_Cleal said:
As much as I love Gift, and think he's an all-time Manly great, is it possible his best years are behind him? Hasn't looked anything special this year.

You obviously weren't watching Friday night...

I was at the game on Friday night. I certainly didn't see anything special.

I'm sure Manly tried everything to keep him but do we let a number of young guns go or do we plan for the future.

The only good thing about Glenn leaving is that he didn't sign with the dogs.

Good luck Glenn.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7