Gift gone...... to Souths!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With so many star players something had to give, shame it's Gift but that's life under the salary cap, would rather lose a player towards the end of his career than a number of the up and comers, always have to look to the future as we do have an ageing roster.

Hasler's Svengali like hold over manly players would appear to be a myth

Lord Eagleton said:
Someone remind me how the Roosters fit Minichiello in this year with supposed long serving dispensation? Or is that a myth?

They only had mini, we have 4 or 5 blokes and it is a set amount, not an amount per player.

globaleagle said:
Guess gift should say goodbye to his teeth...so he'll fit in at souffs.

And how many tats does Gift have? If he doesn't have any then he will soon enough.

On one hand I am pretty surprised you guys let Stewart go, due to his long and strong service to your club. But with an ageing squad, surely you need to put re-signing younger guys like Hiku, Taufua etc first.

It will be interesting to see how he goes at Souths, and even more interesting to see if anyone else walks out over this (which I doubt).

having to a let a player with 12 years service go is a sleight on the the game, a true champion who best performances came in big games whether it was for manly,nsw or australia.

Someone has some big shoes to fill

Lord Eagleton said:
Someone remind me how the Roosters fit Minichiello in this year with supposed long serving dispensation? Or is that a myth?
Mini would be the only one at the Roosters that is eligible for dispensation, and as it was a swansong one year contract, I doubt that it would have been for more that $350,000, and then when you factor the dispensation, he would be on the books for 100,000-150,000

HappilyManly said:
Manly already told Snake that they won't release him. Plus he has a four year @650k contract. No one in the NRL has that much left under their cap.
I am sure the roosters could find some space......

HappilyManly said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Any chance he could get to 200 games for Manly this year?
He is on 187, so conceivably a 200 game Player :angel:

Glad he managed to keep living in Gods Country and earn good monies for the next two years too ;)
Thanks HM hope he gets to 200. Pity our opponents in his 200th game, the boys will be up for that one!

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Heard from a source he's told his closest mates in the team to never affect there game & that life should go on.That's typical glen stewart.

Yeah good on him, and thats the way it should be handled and remembered. Manly had/have a salary cap math problem, all the players know Gifty would be still there if the cap allowed

Mitch said:
It is very tough news to take, but I'm glad all the speculation is finally over. Gift deserves a brilliant send off from a club where he developed into a world class player, I hope the club and all supporters send him off as he should for the next two years and then welcome him back in some capacity, he will always be manly.
THIS

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6