Got my Kindle today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Might be time to buy Mrs Isz a Kindle me thinks, which may have many benefits besides lightening the load.

No Kindle for me today or the weekend.

Got a hit on my tacking number with Australia Post

10/06/11 11:36 Manifest accepted SOUTH SYDNEY BUSINESS HUB
09/06/11 20:01 Accepted at Sortation Facility SYDNEY PARCEL FACILITY OPNS
09/06/11 16:39 Manifest received SOUTH SYDNEY BUSINESS HUB

Thats really annoying, I will be lucky to have bu this time next week.

Auspost is a horrible delivery service always slower than all the rest. I have seen things sit with then in a sorting facility for a week

It arrived today.

Some books loaded onto it.

In the words of the great George Thorogood "and away we go"

Good stuff Bob, pity they stuffed you around, particularly as a cold long weekend would have been ideal

Let us know what you think of it when you get a chance to play with it

Amazon.com is the best you will do really. I don't trust ebay for these items as they are often used, knocked off or ripped off. Worth every dollar of the $159 delivered.

Rex dont mess around looking, as Dan says get it from Amazon.

It will be a new Kindle as opposed to a refurbished one or the like from Ebay.

It wont be any cheaper elesewhere.

It will arrive quicker.

You will get warranty that from all reports is unbeatable.

Dont delay getting one.

Ok my impressions of the Kindle 3 after a couple of days use.

I honestly cant believe how good the reading experience is. I absolutely love it, I even sat outside in the sun this morning and read without issue from glare etc.

The ease of use makes it a must for anyone.

I am a bit of a gadget person, with Ipods, Iphones, MacBooks, Notebooks, Netbooks and soon to be Ipad. The Kindle ranks right up there for doing what its meant to do and doing it really well.

I almost got a new Nook but I am so pleased I grabbed a Kindle 3. The Nook with its touch screen and colour almost won me over, no doubt these feature will be added to the next generation Kindle.

The best thing for me is the feel of it, lighter than a book, especially those god-awful hardbacks. Very comfortable in the hand and the page turning buttons are ideal. I really like the percentage read indicator.

No more $20 paperbacks for me at the airport. I wont be caught short for reading material with my Kindle.

Hoping for some Aussie mags and newspapers to jump on board with Amazon.

I love my book collection but its growth will now be retarded.

one small thing i have found is reading it at my desk at lunchtime under flouro lights there is a bit of a reflection, but that is more environmental than the unit.

Do you have one of those screen protectors on? I took mine off for a similar reason.

One issue I have found is I sometimes inadvertently turn the page when changing position but very rarely and that is about the worst thing I can say about it

Daniel said:
One issue I have found is I sometimes inadvertently turn the page when changing position but very rarely and that is about the worst thing I can say about it

I have found this too, but put it down to being a L Plater, not really an issue.

Thanks guys. Ordered a Kindle for my mum. She's got macular degeneration so really struggles to read books, which she has loved all her life. Basically has given up on reading. Too much eye strain. But with the ability to increase fonts, she read fluently when I borrowed one for my mum to try. See how she goes, and if it doesn't work out I'll have a Kindle earlier than expected. I have so many paper books lined up that I really want to read now - $2 a hit from Vinnies with a great selection was especially hard to resist - it isn't funny. But I know I'll be getting a Kindle soon anyway.

The Amazon Kindle site recognised I was an Aussie and wouldn't let me order there but referred me to another site - presumably the Aust distributors. More limited range (eg didn't have the leather cover with light) but had what I most needed. Kindle $139, cover $35, postage $27 USD. Love that US exchange rate.

Good stuff Rex.
These will be the death of books stores with out a doubt in my mind. eReaders are certainly the future IMO and it's great that they have given your mother a new lease on her reading life.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11