Got my Kindle today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
is that the one with advertising on it Gronk?

you cant buy them here, interested to see if it works in aus when you come home.

It's supposed to have global capabilities. I wont be pleased if the eife bought one with ads on it, will let you know when it arrives.

cool, yeah thats the cheper one on the website here, but couldnt be shipped.

I think the ads are only on when its in sleep mode, not when actually reading it.

One of the advantages of being in the US is getting all the cheap stuff. I've just bought a spanking new set of golf clubs for less than half of what I would pay in Oz. So it looks like my snap hooks will at feel a bit nicer as they come off the club face.

Well, here i am after reading this thread and am about to buy two Kindles.

These are gifts, so lets be clear that im not heading down the nerdy geeky path like the rest of you, OK.

The Kindle, with the cover (and light) worked a treat on my recent central Oz 4WD safari. We had 26 nights in a tent, and the little light worked a treat...and now I know to turn the whole thing off (and turn off Wireless as well) it lasted me the whole time, in fact been back a week and still haven't had to charge it so 5 weeks all up now whch is very impressive.

Jatz Crackers said:
Well, here i am after reading this thread and am about to buy two Kindles.

These are gifts, so lets be clear that im not heading down the nerdy geeky path like the rest of you, OK.

No worries Geek

My 82 year old mum is so into her new Kindle it's kinda scary. The ability to enlarge fonts has meant she's been able to get back into reading full-on, her favourite indoor pastime before her eyesight dwindled.

Have bought two more Kindles now, one for for me and one for she who must be obeyed. Loving it!

That's outstanding Rex. I feel like Through this thread we have added to the slow world takeover from amazon

Maybe i need to sign up for Amazon affiliates and put some Kindle Ads on this site

The only real downside for my mum is the tiny, tiny buttons for up, down and select. Key buttons when changing books. The select button has active rims right around it and the up/down buttons are those thin rims themselves. They're perfect for 18 year-olds, not so for 80+year-olds.

There's only the up/down/select/home and page forward/back keys that are essential to basic operation. Three of those work well. Hopefully Amazon can make the other three more user-friendly for older people in a later version.

It's worth putting in your suggestion and story to Amazon mate, they tend to do well with user feed back and may be in the R&D phase now for the next model

Lol, the one I rejected was re-delivered today, I didn't think they had refunded me correctly.

so looks like I have a new one to sell

The only downside i can see to the Kindle is coming up for me - about to go to Fiji for a week...and sit next to a pool all day

just get one of those waterproof covers and you will be sweet, ahhh Fiji, might have to convince Leanne to go there fore our next holiday and get one of the big fijian mommas to look after Matilda

Exactly why we are going

We are going with a couple of friends with kids the same age.....they take care of each other during the day then to a big moma at night!

what age do the big momma day care take the kids from?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8