Got my Kindle today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Last time I went there, I booked flights through a website. Paid and all was sorted. Then about 2 days later got a phone call from the website and they tell me "Flights have just been cut by x, I switched your booking over to that price, and you now have $1400, we can refund it to you or you can upgrade your room or whatever"

So i upgraded to the honeymoon suite, paid for all meals and still got cash back in my pocket

Been following this thread from the start..have to admit when it came up I was "what the f@cks a kindle?"...I'm a pretty avid reader...but thought naaa I'll stick to the books...until my sister brought her's over!...instant fan...so light too. So I have ordered the wi-fi one from Amazon. Can't wait.(had to buy a $3 paperback today to get me through to delivery...!!:p)

They now sell them at bigw and woolworths. I only just noticed it the other day

I notice amazon stuff popping up in your ads Dan.

hope they are an earn for you? does it make you money if we buy after clicking an ad on this site? i'm happy enough to do that if it pulls a bit for you, the books wont cost me any more :)

Hi Mate,

Yeah I intentionally put amazon ads up. You click on one of those and buy stuff from Amazon I get a modest lead fee of a few cents. But thought since there was such interest in the Kindle and ebooks it was worth seeing what advertising it leads to.

Dan

I found you can convert scientific journal publications into the e reader format using the Calibre software. Yep, this nerd's going mobile.

Dan, I ordered one for my father on Friday night (clicked on the ad) and it just arrived this morning. I ordered the base model ($139+$20) with wifi but no 3g. Amazon is seriously quick!

I am charging the kindle now and will drop it off to him later.
Never would have thought of this without this thread. He is such an avid reader of books so I thought it would make a nice present.

I will need to go through the links for all those free ebooks
and of course, read up on converting ebooks to kindle recognised formats.

I bought one for my Mum as well. She reads a lot, but getting her to adopt and figure out how to use the thing will be somewhat complex, but I think eventually it will be incredibly rewarding

**** Dan, you buy one, I buy one now every ****ing body buys one!!

Seriously though, once you have one you'd never go back to a book again!!

Disclaimer:...never go back to a Fiction book again, if it has pictures then you'll still need a book (or soemthing else) as Kindle doesn't do that!!.

Mark from Brisbane said:
s**t Dan, you buy one, I buy one now every f**king body buys one!!

Seriously though, once you have one you'd never go back to a book again!!

Disclaimer:...never go back to a Fiction book again, if it has pictures then you'll still need a book (or soemthing else) as Kindle doesn't do that!!.

rumour is new kindle will be colour, but still, some things have to stay on paper, i mean you aren't going to have a greys anatomy kindle version :)

Please tell me you meant GrAys anatomy??

Unless you are a fan of reading about Meredith and the gang :)

Leanne watches that too, I tune out and play on my phone or read a book whenever it is on.

Thank god for Deadliest catch being on again, even if it is a shortened season

noticed that amazon has bought out a new kindle range, the one without the keyboard would have been attractive, not to say i'm not happy with the one i have, but hardly use the keyboard for anything.

New Kindle Touch Wi-Fi ordered. Cant wait for it to arrive.

Pity its not for me.

yeah the new ones look pretty hot. Kind of wish I had waited, but then again with the amount of reading I get through these days the original purchase seems like folly. I am still reading the book I started a week or so before Matilda was born. I have read more in the past 2 days in Sydney than I have in the last 6 months :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4