Happy Australia Day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s all just wishy washy , vote yes because it’s “ the vibe “.

Sorry I need a lot more detail before I’ll commit, and believe me I’d love a solution just as much as anyone else.

But there’s just no way I’m giving a government ( regardless of party) carte Blanche to do whatever they think.

We need a proper plan

The Voice will be as follows

Xxxxxxx. Yyyyyyyyy.

And people will be chosen like this

Zzzzzzzz Xxxxxxx

And the voice will simply be that , a voice for input only , without any powers to change laws or institute change.

Spell it out , not in 280 pages but on one page.

And tell us more than “ it’s the vibe “.
That is not the way the government works in this country

Like it or not the specifics are debated and agreed upon by the parliament. Anything else could be potentially misleading

I find this thread up there with the rainbow debate. It shows to me that my thinking is very different some of the more vocal people on here

Like it or not the specifics are debated and agreed upon by the parliament. Anything else could be potentially misleading

I find this thread up there with the rainbow debate. It shows to me that my thinking is very different some of the more vocal people on here
The world would be uninteresting if we all thought the same.

T
The world would be uninteresting if we all thought the same.
The thing for me is that different views are fine but I just disagree with them, and to be honest find some of the views (much like rainbow gate) outdated and borderline offensive

When I see how this "debate" has transpired I can really understand why some posters have stopped posting on the forum.

Some posters (not yourself) are clearly just in this to selective quote and stir adding nothing other than transparent attempts to troll.

And like the rainbow debate ... the wheel turns ... in both basketball and ice hockey recently ... the teams where a player has declined to wear the rainbow have come out in support for the players right to choose not to ... in the case of the ice hockey player the fan support was overwhelming ... his jersey was sold out in hours.

Regardless of the rightness of your progressive views ... the abusive way in which the woke think they can force people to kowtow against their believes is not shared by the populace.

The thing for me is that different views are fine but I just disagree with them, and to be honest find some of the views (much like rainbow gate) outdated and borderline offensive
When I see how this "debate" has transpired I can really understand why some posters have stopped posting on the forum.

Some posters (not yourself) are clearly just in this to selective quote and stir adding nothing other than transparent attempts to troll.
I can see why you have this view. But in order for any forum to work people need to be able tolerate views they don’t like ( on both sides of the spectrum) I guess a forum like this can go in either two directions. They being 1. an echo chamber for the most palatable consensus view. 2. A place where people can feel comfortable to express their view ( what they really think) with out fear of somebody being offended to the point where they attempt to assassinate their character.. this does not mean tolerating genuine hate like real blatant racism etc, as opposed to weaponising these accusations to shoot views down and for affect….
Either way some people will not be happy and leave…..regardless…

And like the rainbow debate ... the wheel turns ... in both basketball and ice hockey recently ... the teams where a player has declined to wear the rainbow have come out in support for the players right to choose not to ... in the case of the ice hockey player the fan support was overwhelming ... his jersey was sold out in hours.

Regardless of the rightness of your progressive views ... the abusive way in which the woke think they can force people to kowtow against their believes is not shared by the populace.
Funny heard the same thing about gay marriage back in the day

I can see why you have this view. But in order for any forum to work people need to be able tolerate views they don’t like ( on both sides of the spectrum) I guess a forum like this can go in either two directions. They being 1. an echo chamber for the most palatable consensus view. 2. A place where people can feel comfortable to express their view ( what they really think) with out fear of somebody being offended to the point where they attempt to assassinate their character.. this does not mean tolerating genuine hate like real blatant racism etc, as opposed to weaponising these accusations to shoot views down and for affect….
Either way some people will not be happy and leave…..regardless…
This is the both sides argument which I struggle with.

Lets go back to rainbow gate (sorry)

One side has very different consequences than the other. not every "side" is equal in my view, understanding that it is my view

One side has very different consequences than the other. not every "side" is equal in my view, understanding that it is my view
We understand your view and you should have your rights to your view just like every one else has their rights to their point of view

No one struggles then because every one is heard

We understand your view and you should have your rights to your view just like every one else has their rights to their point of view

No one struggles then because every one is heard
So Nazi's should be heard?

Funny heard the same thing about gay marriage back in the day

But what you never got ... or conceded ... was that the rainbow issue wasn't about gays or diversity .. it was about peoples rights .. it was about one group forcing others at the point of abuse and banishment to accept their will or else.

Just as you don't seem to understand that many people who may not wear the rainbow have no ill will towards gays and voted yes to same sex marriage.

But 40% of people still voted no ... so many still require educating ... not abuse of their rights.

In regards to rainbow gate I suspect I sat on the opposite side of the fence. Like most others like me I would assume we would all still like to see better outcomes for the LGBTQI community but do not feel compellingly sports people to wear jerseys etc is not the right way to go about it. Imo knowing that players are compelled to do something that they do not necessarily believe in is not going to help anyone…. but I understand others feel differently.. my take on this is that this debate is more about the ideology of compulsion..as opposed to intolerance of the lGBTQI community.

But what you never got ... or conceded ... was that the rainbow issue wasn't about gays or diversity .. it was about peoples rights .. it was about one group forcing others at the point of abuse and banishment to accept their will or else.

Just as you don't seem to understand that many people who may not wear the rainbow have no ill will towards gays and voted yes to same sex marriage.

But 40% of people still voted no ... so many still require educating ... not abuse of their rights.
Sigh here we go

Not about diversity? Or gay people? So they did not wear the jersey as they were upset they were forced into it? Nothing to do with outdated religion

Like I said, this conversation is not possible as we fundamentally disagree / I am not going to engage with your selective baiting which you seem to enjoy

Sigh here we go

Not about diversity? Or gay people? So they did not wear the jersey as they were upset they were forced into it? Nothing to do with outdated religion

Like I said, this conversation is not possible as we fundamentally disagree / I am not going to engage with your selective baiting which you seem to enjoy

Sigh ... So any view opposing yours is trolling or baiting ?

Or is that just a deflection...

But you are correct about one thing ... no discussion is possible as long as you project your smug assurance that you are on the side of righteousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8