Happy Australia Day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh ... So any view opposing yours is trolling or baiting ?

Or is that just a deflection...

But you are correct about one thing ... no discussion is possible as long as you project your smug assurance that you are on the side of righteousness.
No smug assurance (nice troll / bait)

You believe what you want I believe differently. There are plenty of other posters on here, such as red pill, who i engage with for hours on end who do not resort to your style of baiting and trolling.

Not the case in australia
Is free speech a given in Australia?
by The FindLaw Team Some of us may presume that because we live in a liberal democracy like Australia, certain personal freedoms are a given – like free speech – and that any imposition on a person’s speech would be viewed as an attempt to curtail the freedom.

Understand mate. But making death threats or implying violence on another is actually against the law and this is now enforced on line …
I was not referring to death threats feathered friend
I was talking about freedom of speech for peoples rights

You believe what you want I believe differently. There are plenty of other posters on here, such as red pill, who i engage with for hours on end who do not resort to your style of baiting and trolling.
I think you have mixed up with someone else mate. I am admittedly no forum saint but get a lot worse imo thrown at me than I dish out…

Not about diversity? Or gay people? So they did not wear the jersey as they were upset they were forced into it? Nothing to do with outdated religion

It's not hard to understand ..

Being asked to wear the rainbow jersey was about gays ...

Being told they couldn't play if they didn't .. turned it into a matter of people's rights ...

How is that trolling or baiting ?

I think you have mixed up with someone else mate. I am admittedly no forum saint but get a lot worse imo thrown at me than I dish out…

Based on my interactions only yours have been respectful despite our clear political differences (different to other posters as well which I watch with interest)

It's not hard to understand ..

Being asked to wear the rainbow jersey was about gays ...

Being told they couldn't play if they didn't .. turned it into a matter of people's rights ...

How is that trolling or baiting ?
Can I just clarify Woodsie - the players weren't told by the Club they couldn't play if they didn't wear the footy jumper were they?? It is my understanding that the players told the Club they wouldn't play if they team was going to wear it. And this was coz they didn't like what it represented coz of their religious beliefs. The Club confirmed they were going to wear it, so the players dropped out by choice. Is that not right?

I was not referring to death threats feathered friend
I was talking about freedom of speech for peoples rights
Understand. But racial vilification is technically unlawful in Australia. One of the main premises of Nazism is racial vilification…

Can I just clarify Woodsie - the players weren't told by the Club they couldn't play if they didn't wear the footy jumper were they?? It is my understanding that the players told the Club they wouldn't play if they team was going to wear it. And this was coz they didn't like what it represented coz of their religious beliefs. The Club confirmed they were going to wear it, so the players dropped out by choice. Is that not right?

No ... The 7 were happy to play and never refused to ..... the NRL stepped in and said they had a rule that all players that take the field must be wearing identical jerseys ... so Manly had the choice to abandon the promotion and wear the normal jersey ... or go ahead and play minus the 7 ... the 7 were told if you don't wear it ... you don't play ...

No ... The 7 were happy to play and never refused to ..... the NRL stepped in and said they had a rule that all players that take the field must be wearing identical jerseys ... so Manly had the choice to abandon the promotion and wear the normal jersey ... or go ahead and play minus the 7 ... the 7 were told if you don't wear it ... you don't play ...
Oh! Goodo, my mistake.

So do we blame the NRL and not the Club coz the Club might have been happy to let them play in a different jumper if the NRL did not enforce the rule?

Yes and no ... the NRL were probably overly enthusiastic about a technicality ... the jerseys weren't that different .... but Manly with 7 games to go and a finals spot on offer, also had the opportunity to reassess the promotion .... no winners ...

Yes and no ... the NRL were probably overly enthusiastic about a technicality ... the jerseys weren't that different .... but Manly with 7 games to go and a finals spot on offer, also had the opportunity to reassess the promotion .... no winners ...
Yes, I'm just clutching and trying to deflect. Even tho I want to move on and look forward to sitting in my super luxurious Jane Try members seat and watching Manly play some good footy, I'm still torn about the whole thing. I support the Club (whether people think it was the wrong decision) to stand by the idea once they had committed to it but also give the players their due for sticking by their beliefs (despite the fact that I'm not a religious person and are at total odds with what they believe and hate what it did to the team). I look forward to the day .............

Arguing about a topic is never an issue , as long as you argue respectfully.

Attacking anyone because they have a different view isn’t kosher, that’s not respect that’s baiting / trolling.

My middle / conservative views don’t align with many on here , but that’s ok , I get that people have different views.

I’m not anti Labor / Pro Liberal , but I am most definitely anti far left and definitely opposed to the far right , both of these are nut jobs. I class myself more conservative ( both in views and voting ) but I do get ( and agree with ) some of the views of the left.

I think the biggest thing wrong on here , and social media is it’s “ my way or the Highway “ .

I made a simple comment on Fox Sports Facebook page this morning that I thought Novax was a great player but won’t be remembered like Federer or Nadal for their humility, well talk about world war three!!

It appears that one can have an opinion these days , but if it’s different to yours you can pile on and belittle the person as they don’t agree with you.

Sad really.

Attacking anyone because they have a different view isn’t kosher, that’s not respect that’s baiting / trolling.

My middle / conservative views don’t align with many on here , but that’s ok , I get that people have different views.

I’m not anti Labor / Pro Liberal , but I am most definitely anti far left and definitely opposed to the far right , both of these are nut jobs. I class myself more conservative ( both in views and voting ) but I do get ( and agree with ) some of the views of the left.

I think the biggest thing wrong on here , and social media is it’s “ my way or the Highway “ .

I made a simple comment on Fox Sports Facebook page this morning that I thought Novax was a great player but won’t be remembered like Federer or Nadal for their humility, well talk about world war three!!

It appears that one can have an opinion these days , but if it’s different to yours you can pile on and belittle the person as they don’t agree with you.

Sad really.
I think we're at the point @Mark from Brisbane where the off season has been too long and the in fighting has kicked in. FFS let the footy begin so we can bitch about real things like sacking coaches, players, staff, referees, NRL admin.

Sad really.
Best to avoid social media altogether, I reckon Mark. Altho, I suppose this Forum is considered a social media outlet, right. But it's the only thing I'm registered with and I only joined to vent about footy. And yet, here I am babbling on about stuff that I say is self indulgent nonsense on other platforms like Facebook. How did I let that happen??!! What have people done to me??!! OH MY GOOOOOSH :eek: Ok, Ok ... it's all good. But really, social media has certainly created an avenue for some people to be obnoxious ar^eholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8