Hasler named Titans coach after shock Holbrook exit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yeah he did well in 2019, got the players motivated and playing well. ****house in 2020 and again in 2022. Turbo in 2021 masked his weaknesses. 0/4 to start the year before Turbo showed up.
gotta dig deep into the numbers to really see the wood from the trees. IMHO

2020 was Covid. we started the year ok with a side designed to play to the then rules. We were a BIG BIG forward pack and once Vball was introduced we just didn't stack up. Yes that could be seen as a failure on Des but just one year later we were playing a completely different brand of footy. Des had Walker as the super sub which is still in vogue today. Our game was fast, snappy and direct, playing to the rules perfectly. yes on Turbos wings but that side was humming after a slow start.

2021 the rules changed again. gone were to rolling six agains and Tommy was really underdone for whatever reason.

last year after a tough start we started playing some great footy even without tommy until the jersey saga.

I say hes still got it in him to go ok and watch this space for a titans revival and run to the fianls starting next year.

id say he will have a big say in the remainder of this season too if history is anything to go by.....

Goodness me, this is possibly the funniest post I have read on here.
like a boss eating GIF

gotta dig deep into the numbers to really see the wood from the trees. IMHO

2020 was Covid. we started the year ok with a side designed to play to the then rules. We were a BIG BIG forward pack and once Vball was introduced we just didn't stack up. Yes that could be seen as a failure on Des but just one year later we were playing a completely different brand of footy. Des had Walker as the super sub which is still in vogue today. Our game was fast, snappy and direct, playing to the rules perfectly. yes on Turbos wings but that side was humming after a slow start.

2021 the rules changed again. gone were to rolling six agains and Tommy was really underdone for whatever reason.

last year after a tough start we started playing some great footy even without tommy until the jersey saga.

I say hes still got it in him to go ok and watch this space for a titans revival and run to the fianls starting next year.

id say he will have a big say in the remainder of this season too if history is anything to go by.....
I think one thing people tend to overlook about Des is the fact he took the Dogs to a GF and almost did what Wayne Bennett did. Win with 2 different clubs. He most certainly can do it again.

Ryan

Journey Man
Hey Ryan. I am not quite following what you are saying.

*Edit ..just came across said post..let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya whilst our club burns.

That unfortunately seems to be the mentality of a large portion of the fanbase these days. I wonder if these same people actually do love our club, because they seem to relish in the sub standard ?

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Wow. Far less expected news than Tom picking up another injury. I'm honestly surprised another club would take a punt on Des after the way his last two coaching gigs ended.

The Broncos have won plenty and the Cows have won one themselves. Now the Dolphins are in and are actually playing OK for the most part (not against us), the Titans are desperate for a premiership. The 3 year contract Des has takes him into the club's 30th season. I think they're looking for a premiership win before then ... and before the Dolphins.

Darknstormy

Reserve Grader
Not a bad idea for next year. Holbrook is obviously capable of coaching effective attack and that’s Flanno’s current role. Could be a good fit.
As soon as I heard he got sacked and des got job I thought wouldn’t it be funny if holbrook came here as attack coach

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
I hear the Titans boys enjoy a bit of golf with Foz regularly taking his teammates out for a sneaky round on their days off. It might get interesting when they come down to play us next year. Mona Vale Golf Club could find itself rebranded as the Mona Vale Biff Club. 🤣😂😘

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
I think Des is gonna struggle to pull together a winning culture at GC… like every coach before him…

I think the GC have always struggled with the on-field commitment v off-field persona issue in the party precinct and there are some big personalities in that current team…

Wish him the best but he struggled to pull a diverse team together at Manly and I am not convinced that he has walked into a better situation on the coast…

Last edited:

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I think Des is gonna struggle to pull together a winning culture at GC… like every coach before him…

I think the GC have always struggled with the on-field commitment v off-field persona issue in the party precinct and there are some big personalities in that current team…

Wish him the best but he struggled to pull a diverse team together at Manly and I am not convinced that he has walked into a better situation on the coast…
It’s a solid roster. Not premiership winning but certainly competitive. They just can’t defend. If they get their d right, I can see them sneaking into the 8 under Des. Lots of attack and speed and creativity, just a lack of fortitude.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
It’s a solid roster. Not premiership winning but certainly competitive. They just can’t defend. If they get their d right, I can see them sneaking into the 8 under Des. Lots of attack and speed and creativity, just a lack of fortitude.
I agree there is talent on the park but the issue the GC have always had is that there is a LOT going on off the park… footy players enjoy very high profiles on the glitter strip and are surrounded by hangers on, enablers and individuals of questionable character (think Eddie Hayson on a Harley)

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
13 10 3 80 22
13 9 4 110 20
12 7 5 64 18
12 7 5 -37 18
13 7 6 133 16
13 7 6 81 16
13 7 6 47 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15
13 6 6 26 15