Hasler named Titans coach after shock Holbrook exit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
The evil side of me would like the Titans to be heading for the finals '24 then the club decide to play a Pride round.......
Rainbowgate 2.0 @:D

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Didn’t think Des would get another gig, congrats to him, the Titans management did a fantastic job in keeping this one away from the media and avoiding speculation.

Foz could well get another contract post 2024 now, the earlier word on Latu being able to talk to other clubs could see the Titans land him now, Des did a fantastic job in supporting the family with Manase going through the judicial system.

I still think the club made the right call on letting Des go.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
Manase debuted under TBaz.

How long did it take Des to give Haumole a go? Was stuck behind a burnt out Siro, and Waddell and Jetski kept getting picked over him, until injuries forced his hand in 2021.

Albert Hopoate is playing very good footy with Canberra this year and Weekes has only just started. Too early to cast him aside and say he’s a failure.
Please, Haumole was a kid, he's still raw in case ya haven't noticed. Hopoate is becoming a serviceable winger, nothing more. Apparently Spoony has just given Latu Fainu permission to negotiate with other clubs, and he has dropped Samuela for Woods and Condon. Give it up Volley, I just hit an overhead smash to bring up break point.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
Didn’t think Des would get another gig, congrats to him, the Titans management did a fantastic job in keeping this one away from the media and avoiding speculation.

Foz could well get another contract post 2024 now, the earlier word on Latu being able to talk to other clubs could see the Titans land him now, Des did a fantastic job in supporting the family with Manase going through the judicial system.

Are you happy with Spoony? The failed Broncos coach. The same Broncos who are now leading the comp? If so why?

Jerry1

First Grader

What for sideboard.... ??

Volley

Bencher
Please, Haumole was a kid, he's still raw in case ya haven't noticed. Hopoate is becoming a serviceable winter, nothing more. Apparently Spoony has just given Latu Fainu permission to negotiate with other clubs, and he has dropped Samuela for Woods and Condon. Give it up Volley, I just hit an overhead smash to bring up break point.

You don’t think Manly could do with a serviceable winger atm? Des signed Tuipolotu for 4 years didn’t he?

You’re all over the place, you seem to have me confused with a staunch Seibold defender. I just don’t rate Des anymore, I’ve barely mentioned Seibold.

I do like those nicknames though, Spoony and Scotty Wotty. Very witty.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
You don’t think Manly could do with a serviceable winger atm? Des signed Tuipolotu for 4 years didn’t he?

You’re all over the place, you seem to have me confused with a staunch Seibold defender. I just don’t rate Des anymore, I’ve barely mentioned Seibold.

I do like those nicknames though, Spoony and Scotty Wotty. Very witty.
Siebold extended Tuipulotu in November.

Game set and match.

Siebold is a downgrade on Desmond.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Are you happy with Spoony? The failed Broncos coach. The same Broncos who are now leading the comp? If so why?
Seibold I think it’s still early to make a call on, not making excuses the spine has only played two or three games together all season and now Turbo out.

The next three weeks will be a key to see how much work they did in the off season with Weekes at the back and how he can get a few of the senior players to play consistently outside of DCE and Jake.

I didn’t like the decision in Sammy not being on the left edge this week, John’s starting a few games was hard to watch, wasn’t keen on signing Arthurs giving that Humphries deserved a chance, Gordie not being on the bench over Lawton is another one I think is not the best.

The heat is on Seibold and hopefully he makes some hard calls that come to fruition over the next two months, if not I will join you on getting rid of him.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
I am still on the fence with Seibold, thought Des had his chances, I am under the view that he made several bad decisions in 2022.
But he made good decisions in 2019 and 2021. Rainbow gate destroyed our season in 2022. It split the club in half and we signed Spoony. Now, if Spoony acquired his spoon at an under funded dogs breakfast club like West's I might be prepared to cut him some slack. But Spoony acquired his spoon at the biggest,resource rich club in the NRL. A club that had never come close to acquiring a spoon until Spoony rocked up and introduced his hip to be square training methods.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
But he made good decisions in 2019 and 2021. Rainbow gate destroyed our season in 2022. It split the club in half and we signed Spoony. Now, if Spoony acquired his spoon at an under funded dogs breakfast club like West's I might be prepared to cut him some slack. But Spoony acquired his spoon at the biggest,resource rich club in the NRL. A club that had never come close to acquiring a spoon until Spoony rocked up and introduced his hip to be square training methods.
Agree the Donkeys under Seibold didn’t do well, though up until Covid they were unbeaten than the game the rules changed under Vlandy’s.

Though if you look at the criteria in why the Donkeys signed him on a big deal was the job he did at the Vermin, taking them to a premiership.

He ain’t no fool and has an understanding of the game, how well at this club, time will tell, in my view he needs more time to be given a fair chance, the season ain’t over yet and he will need to adjust the way the team plays without Turbo, that’s when I think the litmus tests starts.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
Agree the Donkeys under Seibold didn’t do well, though up until Covid they were unbeaten than the game the rules changed under Vlandy’s.

Though if you look at the criteria in why the Donkeys signed him on a big deal was the job he did at the Vermin, taking them to a premiership.

He ain’t no fool and has an understanding of the game, how well at this club, time will tell, in my view he needs more time to be given a fair chance, the season ain’t over yet and he will need to adjust the way the team plays without Turbo, that’s when I think the litmus tests starts.
Spoony never took the Rabbits to a premiership, but Des has taken teams to five grand finals. And using Vivid as an excuse works just as well for Desmond as it does for Spoony. Des built a squad based on big bodies and then the NRL introduced V'Landys ball.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16