Hasler named Titans coach after shock Holbrook exit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I am glad we both agree to this Feathered friend
If Head coaches got paid to find excuses for failure We would all make head coaches
Every Tom Dick and Freddy can find Excuses . Nothing special about that
Head coaches get paid to find ways to WIN
And Winning is Everything
Especially at our Legendary Club The Manly Sea eagles
240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Last edited:

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Apparently Seibold and Holbrook worked together with the Junior Kangaroos many moons ago
Holbrook had a very competitive Gold coast playing roster to work with
and after 3 years and 81 NRL games he had only 30 wins at 37% win rate

I ask you all
Is this the person the one that can inspire our players to greater things ?

NRL 2021: Titans, Press Conference: Justin Holbrook says his side must ...

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Holbrook had a very competitive Gold coast playing roster to work with
and after 3 years and 81 NRL games he had only 30 wins at 37% win rate

I ask you all
Is this the person the one that can inspire our players to greater things ?

NRL 2021: Titans, Press Conference: Justin Holbrook says his side must ...
Depends if 37% of first grade wins trumps an assistant coach with no prospect of ever losing a single FG game, because they aren't good enough to get a start in the first place; most of the assistants in the NRL fall into that category.

eagleron

Bencher
That unfortunately seems to be the mentality of a large portion of the fanbase these days. I wonder if these same people actually do love our club, because they seem to relish in the sub standard ?
There's a lot on here who seem to relish talking us down and continually living in the past, from some of them I barely read a positive word about the place, I'm left wondering whether these people are really Eagle supporters or simply just here to talk down the place and create an air of negativity, for me the past is the past and no amount of wishful thinking death ridingor bagging our present structure will change our situation other than causing an air of doom, I've never really considered the ignore button but with the current stream of negativity I think it's worthy of consideration

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
There's a lot on here who seem to relish talking us down and continually living in the past, from some of them I barely read a positive word about the place, I'm left wondering whether these people are really Eagle supporters or simply just here to talk down the place and create an air of negativity, for me the past is the past and no amount of wishful thinking death ridingor bagging our present structure will change our situation other than causing an air of doom, I've never really considered the ignore button but with the current stream of negativity I think it's worthy of consideration
Are you honestly happy that we punted a five time grand final coach who took us to week two of the finals two years out of four, a Manly legend to boot, and replaced him with a guy who acquired the first ever spoon for the Brisbane Broncos? If so, why? Are you happy to see Samuela Fainu dumped for Aaron Woods and Ben Condon? If so, why?

• 👍
Reactions: JJB

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be for the Titans if the Dolphins won an NRL Premiership before they do?

Des is actually the first head coach they've had who has tasted NRL Premiership success, even if the last time was 12 years ago.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be for the Titans if the Dolphins won an NRL Premiership before they do?

Des is actually the first head coach they've had who has tasted NRL Premiership success, even if the last time was 12 years ago.
It would be more embarrassing if he won a premiership there, whilst M-W achieved nothing in the same timeframe.

Embarrassing for Penn and Mestrov that is.

eagleron

Bencher
Are you honestly happy that we punted a five time grand final coach who took us to week two of the finals two years out of four, a Manly legend to boot, and replaced him with a guy who acquired the first ever spoon for the Brisbane Broncos? If so, why? Are you happy to see Samuela Fainu dumped for Aaron Woods and Ben Condon? If so, why?
In all honesty I wasn't happy that Hasler was even brought back and the reality is that his success was largely built around Turbo, particularly his freakish 2021, like a good many others I also felt the modern game had passed him by, his selections and apparent lack of any structures frustrated the crap out of me so yes seeing Hasler shown the door gave me a sense of relief, I'm not saying Seibold is a ticket to success but changes had to be made, I support the Eagles and it's always my desire that the team are successful, loyalty is fine and I can understand some being upset but ultimately the team is my primary concern, I'm prepared to give Seibold reasonable time to get us up and going and if at the end of that time he's failed then my voice will be louder than most in condemnation but until then I'm not going to death ride the team or toss about cute nicknames for our coach, in my opinion if we're all Manly supporters that means we support the entire club from the cheerleaders through to the players, coaches and ancillary staff

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
In all honesty I wasn't happy that Hasler was even brought back and the reality is that his success was largely built around Turbo, particularly his freakish 2021, like a good many others I also felt the modern game had passed him by, his selections and apparent lack of any structures frustrated the crap out of me so yes seeing Hasler shown the door gave me a sense of relief, I'm not saying Seibold is a ticket to success but changes had to be made, I support the Eagles and it's always my desire that the team are successful, loyalty is fine and I can understand some being upset but ultimately the team is my primary concern, I'm prepared to give Seibold reasonable time to get us up and going and if at the end of that time he's failed then my voice will be louder than most in condemnation but until then I'm not going to death ride the team or toss about cute nicknames for our coach, in my opinion if we're all Manly supporters that means we support the entire club from the cheerleaders through to the players, coaches and ancillary staff
In 2019 we should have been playing in a preliminary final. Des got us there without Turbo.

In 2020 Turbo went down again and the NRL introduced V'Landys ball when covid hit.

In 2021 we made week two of the finals again with Turbo and a fairly average squad.

In 2022 we were again without Turbo, and we didn't get $350k to buy a replacement but we're right in the mix to finish the year inside the top 8 before the rainbow rained down on our season.

Siebold has acquired a spoon hence the spoony moniker.

Siebold has made some very poor selection calls and continues to do so.

As an avid Manly supporter I am livid at the way management ditched Toovey and Des, replacing them with Barrett and Spoony.

As a lifelong Manly fan I hate the way an average footballer like Mestrov thought it was a good idea to publicly march Kristiec Fulton out of a club her father is a legend at.

I hate how he got rid of all the Fulton's from Manly.

I hate the way in which the owners have run out club into the ground.

You can't polish a turd, even when you slip a maroon and white jersey on it.

I wish you all the happiness in the world while you support Penn, Mestrov, and Spoony.

Last edited:

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Personally I am just really frustrated and tired of our club being mediocre and the whole rainbow saga put me right off a lot of blokes that are going to be wearing our jersey for a long time to come despite being bog average players and not giving a rats a*se about our club…

I blame the owners, recruitment team, des and baz for putting us in this position and, whilst I will always support our team and hope for success, my expectations are very low these days and my passion for NRL generally is much reduced… rule changes and refereeing has not helped…

I do save a lot of heartbeats tho, so that’s a positive…

eagleron

Bencher
In 2019 we should have been playing in a preliminary final. Des got us there without Turbo.

In 2020 Turbo went down again and the NRL introduced V'Landys ball when vivid hit.

In 2021 we made week two of the finals again with Turbo and a fairly average squad.

In 2022 we were again without Turbo, and we didn't get $350k to buy a replacement but we're right in the mix to finish the year inside the top 8 before the rainbow rained down on our season.

Siebold has acquired a spoon hence the spoony moniker.

Siebold has made some very poor selection calls and continues to do so.

As an avid Manly supporter I am livid at the way management ditched Toovey and Des, replacing them with Barrett and Spoony.

As a lifelong Manly fan I hate the way an average footballer like Mestrov thought it was a good idea to publicly march Kristiec Fulton out of a club her father is a legend at.

I hate how he got rid of all the Fulton's from Manly.

I hate the way in which the owners have run out club into the ground.

You can't polish a turd, even when you slip a maroon and white jersey on it.

I wish you all the happiness in the world while you support Penn, Mestrov, and Spoony.
You just can't help yourself can you mate, we good luck to you, I can handle a sensible conversation but you're a smart arse so you've earned the honour of being my first ignore, blokes like you aren't real Manly supporters if you were you would support the club, with your strong desire for anything Hasler my advice us that you support te Titans although when they give him the arse your tiny world will implode, cya

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
You just can't help yourself can you mate, we good luck to you, I can handle a sensible conversation but you're a smart arse so you've earned the honour of being my first ignore, blokes like you aren't real Manly supporters if you were you would support the club, with your strong desire for anything Hasler my advice us that you support te Titans although when they give him the arse your tiny world will implode, cya
How am I being a smart ass, and how is my post not sensible? I am entitled to my opinion as you are yours. I will always support Manly. You didn't like Des as you have made clear, and I don't like Siebold. All the best mate.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Interesting interview with Mal Meninga. Clearly he knows Des the micro manager control freak won't want Mal around the club. He's goooone.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12