Hasler named Titans coach after shock Holbrook exit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Uber Eagle 72

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
A coaching appointment that was certainly under the radar. Very Des like! Good luck to him and the Titans ( as long as they don’t beat us)

How are we allowed to reply in this thread? I saw some pelican making a thread today instructing and demanding how people should reply, through threat of ignore @:D We've honestly become an embarrassing fanbase hahaha.

Now, if anyone disagrees with my post here, you'll be instantly put on ignore. LMFAO
Hey Ryan. I am not quite following what you are saying.

*Edit ..just came across said post..let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya whilst our club burns.

Last edited:

XV-1

First Grader
Interesting how the Titans could keep this quiet and away from media speculation, but the Dragqueens have everything about the coaching in the media.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
if you insist

Des will be back under the radar at the Titans. they are a good fit because they lack a bit of an identity and that will be Dessies Job

Im a Des fan. I know last season in particular results were bad

Im not advocating for his return.

But in regards to the tommy and dce analogy
In my eyes the biggest thing thats happened to Manly since Bob fulton is Penn/dessie relationship. Imagine if des was a 15 year clubman. our results would have been better overall and our culture assured

In real terms it will been decade plus club defining in my opinion. des had to be a politician and coach when the board was split. Did it play a role

In those Days Penn rarely got his own way but once he became Master things were never good. Hey, he may just be a knob jockey but its cleart they havnt got along for some time and that has cost us more than footy games

maybe there both Knob jockeys but they say winning is in the front office.and our culture has reflected that board room war and the desse penn saga ever since.

bet your glad you asked

would love a dessie book of worms. sitting on a goldmine i reckon
I am Glad that I asked and thank you for your passionate response which I am with you on most things But at the end of a coaches interim we either have excuses for his failure or praise for his success .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
As does Manly-Warringah.

I suppose not every club can have a Zorber Zorbers ‘working’ for it, ably supported by an array of ‘useful idiots’.
Many of us Manly Tragic's do love the Great Premiership Winning Zorba feathered friend

The Manly Zorba fan club loud and proud ! :)
Manly Sea Eagles official Peter Peters takes aim at 'sausage roll ...

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The game has passed Dino Des by. There aren’t many good coaches around, so I can sort of see why they’ve given him a go. Does reek of desperation though. They tried a young coach who had success in the super league and it didn’t work, so they’re giving an old guy a go who hasn’t achieved much since about 2014. He’s great at getting the players prepared and up for a game, so they’ll probably finish the year off well, and maybe even have a solid 2024. Wheels will have fallen off mid way through 2025 though. Won’t be coaching in 2026.
Jeez I love blinkers.

Your right.

Des didn't do a thing in his 4 years back at the club. He didn't take a rag tag bunch of players to a semi final 1 year after we almost had the spoon AND he definitely didn't take us to a Prelim final in 2021.....

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Nine sports

'Need a winner': Titans' brutal truth for axed coach​

Gold Coast Titans chief executive officer Steve Mitchell has revealed the process behind Justin Holbrook's sacking started months ago after the club decided to replace him with Des Hasler in 2024.

Mitchell was blunt in saying Holbrook "was released from his contract" instead of agreeing to the term 'sacked', with the Titans now moving in a new direction.

The former Gold Coast coach replaced Garth Brennan in 2020 and managed only one finals appearance before the ruthless decision was made on Thursday morning.

We think we need a winner in that place, and someone who's got the IP and been to grand finals and Des has coached multiple grand finals and what that brings into your organisation and the IP that leaves behind is significant and material and I think that time is now."

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16