Hodkinson gorn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
jjai link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183483.msg265652#msg265652 date=1275867086]
Just watching Luke Dorn score his 2nd try of the match over in the UK, lets bring him back !!! Who can forget the miracle pass up at Suncorp haha

no thanks i`d take orford before him..
[/quote]

He finished with 4 tries in the end, Chad Randall put him away for a couple. Michael Witt was on the opposition as well

So to finally get to a point here, The 3 players I mentioned above all looked the goods in their 1st dozen or so NRL games, much like Hodkinson has. Will he turn out like them ? Who knows. Is the risk of paying $270k to find out worth it ? Maybe

Chad never ever looked the goods, Witt seemed to have some talent, but his defence was always suspect and Dorn was the best of a very very very very very slim pickings.

Hodkinson is in a different league to these guys

I do remember 1 article many years ago proclaiming Dorn to be the new Cliffy Lyon's haha. Is playing FB over there at the moment

Witt showed some great touches early on, "The next Sterlo" was 1 tag I remember he was given lol

Dan link said:
Chad never ever looked the goods, Witt seemed to have some talent, but his defence was always suspect and Dorn was the best of a very very very very very slim pickings.

Hodkinson is in a different league to these guys
the only time chad looked good was when he use to run from dummy half down the blindside.. he setup a few tries for us ,mainly becasue the defense thought he would pass it to the open side but he would dart away down the blindside.. he looked good then when he did that.. & i recall some of them blinside runs were down a skinny corridor with scott o donald supporting..

dorn & witt both had a good kick on them  .. but their defense was weak...did a few good things with ball in hand but very plain halves really

Dogs, Eagles in Trent warfare

* By James Phelps
    * June 08, 2010
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/dogs-eagles-in-trent-warfare/story-e6frexnr-1225876720941

MANLY and the Bulldogs are at war over Trent Hodkinson with Canterbury accusing the Sea Eagles of railroading their bid to snare the Eagles' boom No. 7 while Des Hasler hangs out for more salary cap cash.

The Bulldogs have made a massive play for Hodkinson for 2010 but can't get an answer from the former Toyota Cup star despite putting a rumoured $800,000 over three years on the table.

Some at the Kennel are growing frustrated and the deal could be pulled with a couple of Dogs suspecting Hasler has told Hodkinson to wait for the highly anticipated salary cap increase.

"We have no doubt that Des has been in his ear," said a Bulldog. "He is no doubt waiting to see how much the cap rises next year to see if he can keep him. At the moment it looks as though it might only be $66,000, so that might not help him too much. We would like to have a decision by the end of the week."

The Dogs are likely to have a war chest with Luke Patten likely to sign a deal with a UK club by the end of the week and Andrew Ryan on the outer.

Noooo....really....Des is being under handed by discussing a CURRENT players contract with him about moving forward? How under handed !

LoL

What absolute imbecile wrote that slop?

now the dogs know how other clubs feel who wanted SBW they want to hang on to that contract but they want other clubs to willy nilly just let theirs go..  tell them we will swap for swap on SBW.. then they will fukn shut up & wont bother with trent..

I'm starting to feel Trent isn't the be all and end all here. NYC are doing well. Sunshince Coast are doing well. Trent is going missing quite a lot.

I can just see him floundering with a huge contract at the Dogs.

That article is strange - what do the Bulldogs want us to do roll out the red carpet for him and Belmore and pay for a taxi?

Des has to go. Imagine a coach trying to keep a player instead of letting them go to the Bullfogs. What a disgrace.

Next he will be thinking up team plans to make Manly win games, or talk up his players in the media for rep selection!!!!!!!!!

To be fair, it was the Daily Telegraph. You could dead set sit gumby down with caligraphy tools, and ask him to do a thesis on bio-tecnology in the 20th century, and it would make more sense than the garbage The Daily Telegraph sprout.

I wonder if James Phelps knows who's on first base? Or should we just call him Raymond?

hodkinson is way overated for my likings..he is not a real halfback he has no speed...he does not have many try assits to his credit hes kicking game is long but not smart...i think let him go to the dog house and earn his money there.not sure who would be a replacement for him maybe dce but im not a fan of hodkinson....

mr seagles link said:
hodkinson is way overated for my likings..he is not a real halfback he has no speed...he does not have many try assits to his credit hes kicking game is long but not smart...i think let him go to the dog house and earn his money there.not sure who would be a replacement for him maybe dce but im not a fan of hodkinson....
ever since he has had the media attention & getting good reviews from sterlo & others in commentary he isnt playing like he was..

mr seagles link said:

Agree, I wouldnt be forking out overs to keep him but the lack of an alternative is a concern

Cherry Evans got a very good write up following the Sunshine Coast's win last week, in all areas, laying tries on as well as some decent hits apparently

I never though he would step up to NRL, but maybe he could ? Would like to keep Trent but won't mind Cherry getting a crack if he goes

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Cherry Evans got a very good write up following the Sunshine Coast's win last week, in all areas, laying tries on as well as some decent hits apparently

I never though he would step up to NRL, but maybe he could ? Would like to keep Trent but won't mind Cherry getting a crack if he goes

He will have to be a lot more consistent before I'd be convinced but if Hodko does decide to up stumps and leave then I don't think that we would have much choice in the matter than to install DCE as the new half.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6