Hodkinson gorn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hodkinson will be a star - what do people expect after 10 games? He did it all last season for the SCSE and prior to contract time he was doing very nicely for us. Much better players have struggled at times. His partnership with Foran has great potential and they could be great for Manly for a long time. I would be devastated if he went to the Scumdogs.

But Canteen, I know you believe you know absolutely everything about everything, but it is not the be all and end all that Hodko is lost to us in my opinion. Riccardi is leading our NYC team to potentially a 1st place. He plays for Queensland in the under 18's, and plays for the Australian young guns. Our NYC team has the 2nd best (maybe best when equal games are played) for and against in NYC. We have put on really good points in NYC without Hoppa & Whare there over the past fortnight.

Then you have DCE. He's ok as well, and is training with the full time squad.

In my opinion, yes, Hodko is an asset, and would be going forward - but presently he is playing really poor (going invisible in games). I just don't think anymore that we need to stress too much about re-signing him. I'm happy with:-

01. Brett Stewart OR William Hopoate should the unfortunate happen
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams OR Dean Whare
06. Keiran Foran
07. Garry Ricardi
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Chris Bailey OR Ben Farrar
15. George Rose
16. Matt Cross
17. Joe Galuvao OR Tony Williams OR a new player

BuuUuut, we probably need to know what's happening soon with Trent, so we can then build towards this.

DCE & Ricardi are miles off first gade. I really like DCE's good attributes but his defense (& strength) needs a lot of work (or may never even get there). Those who think we shouldn't do what we can to keep  Trent (at least into the 200-230k) range are nuts. I reckon he'd stay if we get within 50k of the dogs offer.

mr seagles link said:
hodkinson is way overated for my likings..he is not a real halfback he has no speed...he does not have many try assits to his credit hes kicking game is long but not smart...

Turn it up.

The kids played 10 games of NRL and has clubs fighting over him to the turn of 1/4million salary alone.

We've not had a such a strong prospect in foran/hodko in the halves for a long time. They've got what it take and it does take time. The people who's job it is to be right think he's worth 250,000K.

agreed.

actually it is not even worth replying to garbage like that.not because TH is certian to be a star as he may not- it is because any fool who fully judges a young half on ten games is crazy.he has undoubtedly shown promise and together with KF we may have a long term pairing - something that is virtually unique in league today.it is hard enough to find one good half,let alone a good pairing.just have a look around.

on the above logic thurston and prince would be on the scrapheap now.they took quite a while to fulfil their potential.

get rid of TH, put Rose in at Halfback and the Foran to the centres with the Harold Matts 5/8 outside Rose

Ryan link said:
But Canteen, I know you believe you know absolutely everything about everything, but it is not the be all and end all that Hodko is lost to us in my opinion. Riccardi is leading our NYC team to potentially a 1st place. He plays for Queensland in the under 18's, and plays for the Australian young guns. Our NYC team has the 2nd best (maybe best when equal games are played) for and against in NYC. We have put on really good points in NYC without Hoppa & Whare there over the past fortnight.

Then you have DCE. He's ok as well, and is training with the full time squad.

In my opinion, yes, Hodko is an asset, and would be going forward - but presently he is playing really poor (going invisible in games). I just don't think anymore that we need to stress too much about re-signing him. I'm happy with:-

01. Brett Stewart OR William Hopoate should the unfortunate happen
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams OR Dean Whare
06. Keiran Foran
07. Garry Ricardi
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Chris Bailey OR Ben Farrar
15. George Rose
16. Matt Cross
17. Joe Galuvao OR Tony Williams OR a new player

BuuUuut, we probably need to know what's happening soon with Trent, so we can then build towards this.
Ryan, I'm just curious but you must see something in Tony Williams game that your not happy with because at this age and stage of his development I thought he was doing a good job.
Would be interested in your observations?
I would of thought that it would be up to David Williams to earn a recall (when fit) rather than being cert.

David Williams has really played one season of NRL, and much like Matai, I believe he needs to improve his defensive attributes to be honest, but he is still an Australian and State of Origin experienced winger.

T-Rex is great at lumbering the ball up, but he's no gift in leaping for the ball, and he is found out in defence due to lack of pace (in fact, I'd say he gets targeted late in games when he is lethargic)...

I'm not saying Wolfman is great - I just think he's a better "winger" than T-Rex.

Now, I'd also rather lose Galuvao, and shift T-Rex to the backrow on the bench, because Galuvao realistically has around one to two years left, where as the wolf and T-Rex has many, many more.

I also think Wolfman is a good character player. In my opinion, our team has become bland, and lacking in character. Wolfman and Matai in the line-up gives us press (mostly positive imo).

There are a lot of reasons, and I could go on...I just think Wolfman needs to be in the team..

Hodko is doing fine in the few games he has had and lets not forget it is only a handfull of games.

Cant believe all the debate on here at the start of the year about Hodko coming into the team as the 7 and how we couldnt risk such a young halves combo.

IMO he has done exactly what we needed him to do. Provide stability with solid defense in the halves while the team finds its feet post Ox and start building a partnership with Foran.

A valid assessment of Hodko is that he isnt as creative yet as many other 7s in the comp, but people who expected him to partner with Foran and learn his craft in the NRL & be a world beater after a dozen games are placing ridiculous & unwarranted pressure on him way way too early.

Hodko is doing fine.

Fair call Ryan, although I don't really agree with you about T-Rex being suss under the high ball, granted he turned like the Queen Mary last year but I thought he had improved in that aspect also.

Wolfman seemed to have a confidence problem last year and with his injury history he would really have to prove himself, for my money.

Like yourself I think Galuvao's shelf life is probably 2yrs (hope I'm proven wrong) but bench forwards are plentiful and I enjoy the challenge of finding that value for money player much like we did with Glen Hall.

Back on topic regards Hodkinson, surely we can come up with some back-ended contract that allows us to keep him on the books for next couple of years, to see if he can build on his potential.

You have it give it to his manager, how good is he, media fight over signing him, 800k for 3 years for a guy who ain't setting the game alight in his 9 games. Maybe Gould summed it up on tele last night, it's the lack of halfbacks that got Hokko a City start!! Maybe that's why we will have to pay big dollars, there ain't much out there. 

hodko should be let go bring back orford for a year to help foran and cherry evans hes kicking game is first class and he can do set plays at the moment there is none of this just passing to the fowards one out running..bring back orford now....

mr seagles link said:
hodko should be let go bring back orford for a year to help foran and cherry evans hes kicking game is first class and he can do set plays at the moment there is none of this just passing to the fowards one out running..bring back orford now....

Ha ha, do yourself a favour and go and watch the Manly v Storm semi from last year.....

not worth watching a game that is won by a bunch of CHEATS and we should have won the comp 3 years in a row with orford if CHEATS wearnt CHEATS....hodko is only another ROBSON and is not going to steer our team hes done nothing to date...

Speaking of cheats, was I the only one thinking of Prince's rennovation's every time he grabbed the ball last night?? Seriously - that team is riddled with it imo.

They will be The Storm in a few years (or when an employee gets the ****s imo).

clontaago link said:
[quote author=mr seagles link=topic=183483.msg266305#msg266305 date=1276298120]

Ha ha, do yourself a favour and go and watch the Manly v Storm semi from last year.....
[/quote]

..hahahaha  yeah matai was our kicker then for some reason ...

Wait until 4 corners comes out soon. The titans will feature big time.

Apparently Rothfield announced that Hodko had signed for 3 years with the Dogs today on 2GB, anyone hear this?

No loss at all tbh, in 11 weeks everyone keeps saying to be patient with him and he will find his feet - guess what he hasn't. The tries he has set up have been from a flukey bounce off a kick. I don't remember any crafty tries being set up by him. Dead ordinary if you ask me.

all over the kennel as well!!! Well, get rid of him now!! I'm sick of these traitors, back to Sunshine and bring in Cherry Evans now, sorry, forget the crap of picking best team, we brought him when Parra treated him like crap, get lost in my opinion, I'd rather not be as good than to watch that tool run around in our beloved maroon and white. Perry's case is much different

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8