Hodkinson gorn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
codewana link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=183483.msg266549#msg266549 date=1276554553]
my mail is that Matai will be the next one gone, I don't know how much truth there is to it, but from what I have been told he has signed with the sharks

so where has all our money gone?
[/quote]

There is another rumour that is following the Matai one but I have disregarded it as BS at this point so wont bother posting it

Dan link said:
my mail is that Matai will be the next one gone, I don't know how much truth there is to it, but from what I have been told he has signed with the sharks

Yeah I heard the same thing about Matai.  It would be a shame to see him go and to the Sharks of all places.  Not a smart move...

codewana link said:
I really hope Inglis doesn't come to our club. The only melbourne player I'd want is Cronk.

really ???  i reckon he would easily add more to our attack not to mention another premiership in a year or two..

Rodo link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=183483.msg266549#msg266549 date=1276554553]

Yeah I heard the same thing about Matai.  It would be a shame to see him go and to the Sharks of all places.  Not a smart move...
[/quote]Agreed,it would be far smarter to send ROML there and keep Matai.

The rumour I heard was Inglis but I am pretty sure that is BS.
But we will have some dollars if Matai is gone, and IMO it would be worth either looking for a decent Half back or even find another hard working forward

Dan link said:
But we will have some dollars if Matai is gone, and IMO it would be worth either looking for a decent Half back or even find another hard working forward

i wish its true....
guys like inglis & cronk arent stupid they wont just go to any **** team they have had success the last 4yrs..  they would be better off coming to us atleast we played 2 gf in a row against them.. they know we can be successful..

you honestly think players base their next move on the success of a club?

It might play a part but ultimately if they are going to leave the storm it will be for $

I'd heard on this site that we'd got Sika Manu from the Storm to replace Ted.  Cronk and Inglis would look good in maroon and white as well, but surely they'd be able to hold onto their inflated contract dollars at the Storm.  A lawyers picnic if their 2 or 3 'contracts' aren't honoured.  Even if the NRL don't like let them play, the players signed the contracts and so did the contracting entity and so would be legally enforcable.  I figure they could sit out next year and the years to go on these 'contracts'  getting the big dollars. 

lsz link said:
you honestly think players base their next move on the success of a club?

It might play a part but ultimately if they are going to leave the storm it will be for $
if they leave & go to a club with limited success .. it could hurt them ..
because if they a playing in  a poorly performing team ..its counts against them.. look at all the players souths have had since thye have enterd the comp..all these big name players ..goin there for the $$$.. but playing ordinary..then when their contracts run out ..they will be happy to take  90,000 dollars..at other clubs ..just begging for a team to have them..  going to pretty ordinary teams just for the money  can cut their careers short..

I am a qualified lawyer who hasnt practiced for  years.I may be mistaken but i believe any contract entered into to play in the NRL  whereby the player had knowledge that in entering the contract he was knowingly in breach of the salary cap rules that govern the competition would be set aside with ease.I know the contract does have a provision whereby the player certifies that the moneys referred to in the contract are his sole and full compensation and that they contract to abide by the rules of the National Rugby League .Therefore the only contract that could be at all "legal" per se would be the conract lodged with the NRL and not the dodgy ones. These disputes are judged on the balance of probability and if anyone can find any other reason for their being 3 contracts in existence other than to avoid the salary cap provisions I would love to know what those  reasons  are(did you hear that Gould..you f...wit).Simply if a player knows that he is entereing into a contract that is illegal it will be set aside.
It would seem to me that the existence of mutliple contracts prima facie means that the player knows the subsequent contract is not a legal contract.If it can be further shown that News Ltd had no knowledge that its employees(waldron and co) were engaging in the use of illegal contracts then there is even less likelihood they would honour them at all.Agency rules are slightly complicated but employers are not generally liable for contracts fraudulently entered into by their employees without their knowledge particularly when the other party has knowledge of the fraud.

As News is a corporation as defined by the Corporations Act Waldron and Co may find them in an extremely dicey situation as may any player with knowledge of the fraud.

The findings to be released shortly by Delloites will be very interesting and our smug little  smith,slater and co might find they have some very large problems not of a football variety.

All this does not include the very high likelihood of a tax audit to follow.

I have also heard the Manu rumours floating around outside of this site too

i am pretty sure that the CEO of each club and possibly the directors have to sign a statutory declaration each year to the NRL confirming that they club is operating within the salary cap.

If this is the case then Waldron would have signed one on behalf of the storm knowing that it was false. 

The precedent has recently been set by Justice Einfeld who received I think 2 years jail for deliberately lying on a stat dec.  Maybe Waldron and Einfield will be sharing a cell soon.

jjai link said:
[quote author=codewana link=topic=183483.msg266588#msg266588 date=1276569920]
I really hope Inglis doesn't come to our club. The only melbourne player I'd want is Cronk.

really ???  i reckon he would easily add more to our attack not to mention another premiership in a year or two..
[/quote]

I think the guy is a thug and don't want that type of player at Manly. Same reasoning as why I'd be upset if we signed Bird or Gallen.

Inglis is too soft to be a thug.

A heart the size of a pea who won his last fight by a block and a half

i'd classify that as more of a dog act.

I thought you meant more on the field, like those other mentioned, From all reports Gallen is the nicest bloke off the field, on it he is a first class grub

Dan link said:

Bulldog targeted
OUR Belmore spy tells us the Sea Eagles are keen on signing young Bulldogs backrower Daniel Harrison.

The 22-year-old, Canterbury’s Toyota Cup player of the year in 2008, previously played junior football for the Northern Eagles.

“They are keen to have him back,” our well-placed source said this week.

Harrison missed all of 2009 with a knee reconstruction, but is working hard for the Dogs in their NSW Cup team.

from manly daily.

Can we get one back on the dogs.

Dan link said:

Inglis 's manager is talking to every club who wants to make a bid.

My mail is that Penrith will probably make the biggest offer. But if I was framing a market Inglis will be a Bronco

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8