Hoppa /Major Sponsor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Blowfly said:
Manly media release from Zorba.

Sounds promising!

telegraph_sport telegraph_sport
Manly's rising star Will Hopoate is quitting the NRL to go on a two year mission for the Mormans

People would take one player over a major sponsor?

The long term health of the club V retention of one player

That will do me

rather see him go on his mission than sign elsewhere
Hopefully Manly have him signed up on a 6 year deal minimum ammount for 2years while he is away and then a 4year deal when he returns & have Jamil signed as well

Twitter is already reporting that it's Hoppa and he is leaving on a two year mission for the Mormons.

TWiL said:
Twitter is already reporting that it's Hoppa and he is leaving on a two year mission for the Mormons.

If that is the case then we can throw some cash at a decent young and upcoming prop. I still would love if he signed with us though.

Doubt they would pull a news conference to announce he's leaving. That wouldn't make any sense. I agree Isz, procuring a major sponsor is more important for our long term survival than signing a player, no matter how talented. He'll stay, do the 'mission' thing and continue on his winning way, with us. As I've said before, we keep those that we want to keep. I love Des and Crusher..

If he goes we shouldn't wait for him. Coming back two years later, out of form and unfit isn't something we should sign up for. Look what happened with his uncle.

And at any rate they are a bunch of nutbags those Mormons.

TWiL said:

Here's a question when would the contract start when he returns from his mission or when he's on his mission.

It should be when he returns from his mission or we're paying a person that's 100% fit to sit on the sidelines

The Gronk said:
If he goes we shouldn't wait for him. Coming back two years later, out of form and unfit isn't something we should sign up for. Look what happened with his uncle.

And at any rate they are a bunch of nutbags those Mormons.

They do a lot of bike riding and walking that could keep him fit :)

I doubt the club would call a press conference to say "Hey guess what, Hoppa is leaving to go on Mission. That wouldn't make any sense whatsoever

I was just thinking that strangely this missionary could be the best outcome for Manly.

For instance, we're told we can't compete with dogs, parra etc. for cash at the moment to sign him, so instead of Hoppa leaving to another club, he takes 2 years out of the game (albeit to sell bibles door to door).

When he returns, chances are Jamie Lyon will be close to retiring, the future potential of David/Tony Williams/oldfield will be clearer and we will be able to make a bigger play at him...and he will still only be 20 years old.

All this is relient on Hoppa recapturing his form when he returns of course!

lsz said:

Absolutely. But only while we have the owners filling in as sponsor. If we didn't have them I'd take the major sponsor.

How long do you think the owners will put up with a financially unstable business?

lsz said:

The long term health of the club V retention of one player

That will do me

mate we need to have a strong side before we can even compete, who is going to offer us big money if we finish mid table..

i hope we can atleast finish 2 or 3.. then sponsors will come.. good players aren`t as easy find as good sponsors are..

We won a premiership in 08 finals every year since and have not got a major sponsor

Also, as talented as hoppa jnr is, one player does not make a club - unless they are a Johns or similar

Will Hopoate was never in a position to make the club,he aint a half
Im not taking anything away from him,he should atleast be on the wing for State of Origin this year,he has been brilliant and probably always will be

Enter Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans,either of these 2 men can make a club,put the 2 together and we could swim in all the gold in our trophy cabinet given time

Jatz Crackers said:
Your all playing with fire. A poster here (I think its Ralph ?) has said a thousand emphatic times that Hoppa is either staying or becoming a missionary.

Maybe next time you'll believe me

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7