Hoppa - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
RE: Hoppa to Parra!!!

Hope the Mission story doesnt turn out to be another 'Love Machine' concoction by Mundine !
Will is realy going to need his God to deal with the rabid Media if he plays prior to 2014.

OneEyedEagle said:
The Mormon church has a big say in Will's decision after all a % of his salary has to go to the church otherwise you are shunned.

What other religion bans its congregation from accepting a blood transfusion in a life or death situation.

Maybe you should've listened more carefully when those 2 blokes were talking to you?

The Mormons are allowed blood transfusions - the JWs are the ones who aren't allowed.

Darwin Eel said:
Actually you suggested to me that my dislike for Manly stemmed from things that happened during the 70's. You decided to have a stab at me because I said I didn't like Manly, even though in the exact same sentence; I congratulated Manly on how they played and said they deserved to win. I'm very sorry to upset you by having a personal opinion. How shameful of me!

Your pusillanimous presumptions that you know how I think; prompted me to respond and tell you exactly why I didn't like Manly. Even still; I did this in a very diplomatic and straight forward manner. If you didn't want to know why I don't like your team; then don't put words in my mouth and I wont feel I need to correct you in order defend my opinion.

I am happy for you that you like Hasler and I agree he has done great things for your club, so I can appreciate that you like him. But trying to belittle me will not effect the opinion I have of the man from an outsiders perspective. I respect him as a coach. I appreciate the fact he is passionate about his club, players and their game, but there is much to be said for being humble and gracious in defeat; even when you get bad calls, or the deck is stacked against you. If you tell me that you honestly can't see how Hasler would come off looking like a whinger to non-Manly supporters; I would say to you that you are a liar.

Regardless of all this I understand quite simply; that you are upset about losing Hoppa and me presenting myself on this forum means I was always going to end up a target for someone who wanted to 'irrationally' vent their frustrations; so I will leave you all in peace for real now.

Congrats to all the Manly fans also on keeping your coach for next year (and by proxy the Stewarts), look forward to some good games against you next year.

To you in particular Rex I will leave you with these parting words of wisdom that I hope you remember when I don't bother replying to any more of your stabs at me on this thread: Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

On that note I leave before this deteriorates any further.

See ya in 2012!
You’ve interpreted my attitude to you as hostile Darwin Eel. And you presume to know how I feel and what I think. Is there any openness to the possibility that you are simply wrong?

I suggested your dislike of Manly was born from repeated media commentator whingeing about Manly’s 1970s success. Roy Masters incited a cult of jealousy of Manly, painting them as the rich, the silvertails. Sheep follow shepherds. Puppets follow puppeteers. Cults follow cult leaders. Ironic that Parra is now doing exactly what Manly was alleged to have done, and which was used to incite hatred of Manly by opposition fans like you. If you don’t see that your thoughts and attitudes and beliefs are socially constructed then you don’t see.

You believe that you choose your hates and dislikes. Just like Melbourne children raised to hate Collingwood believe they hate Collingwood because of Malthouse, Collingwood supporters, Collingwood players, or some other petty reason. They believe they are choosing their thoughts. They do not see their thoughts are born of jealousy of Collingwood’s success in the 1920s, as a working class area – and that hatred has simply transferred from generation to generation. The reasons shift, the cause remains.

You talk with pride of politeness and diplomacy and use words such as “dislike” instead of “hate”. This is all form. What matters is not form, but substance. Do you see the people here as “like you”? Do you genuinely wish them well? And do you wish Des Hasler well? From the heart? That is what fundamentally determines your happiness, not any premiership success. And not any success in scoring points or winning petty arguments here.

When tempted to point fingers at others' flaws, the insightful pointer first points them at himself.

Moops said:
Mate, I think you are drawing a rather looooong bow. Burt is from Newcastle, Hindmarsh is from Robertson, Ben Smith is from NSW country and Tonga is from QLD. Judging from your logic we should claim both Stewart brothers, Foran, Cherry Evans, Buhrer etc as juniors...ridiculous!!!

I was hoping somebody would point this out:)

John Hopoate - putting the 'Fat, lazy, stupid God-fearing Polynesian' back into 'Fat, lazy, f-cking stupid God-fearing Polynesian!'

Wonder which of Will's brothers has been raised as a girl? Very common back home in Tonga. And Samoa as well. Lol.

Not sure how you can call his mission a smokescreen...he was out of contract and decided not to continue with any club

Also he is just a kid who made an error of judgment. I would love to see any of you not make any mistakes when you were his age

lsz said:
Also he is just a kid who made an error of judgment. I would love to see any of you not make any mistakes when you were his age
You're kidding. Error of judgement?
More like a calculated effort to mislead.

I suspect Hoppa Snr had a lot to do with Will leaving. Hoppa snr got a gig aswell. The disappointing thing is that Will told fans after the grand final when ask about he's future "he said he was coming back, that's the plan" knowing that he'd already told the team on the monday before the GF that he agreed to terms with the Eels.

Anyway good luck Hoppa jr.

WAMF said:
lsz said:
You're kidding. Error of judgement?
More like a calculated effort to mislead.

Yep 1day he wants to stay next day he goes to scumland, reminds me of Doginson

Fox said package deal with Jamil, Wil & Hoppa Snr. Parra are just gtting us back for all the players they lost to us. Mind you both Jamil and Joey Lussick are good buys from our SG Ball side.

Im not worried that Hoppa is now an eel its the fact he lied on national television to all the Manly supporters saying he loved MANLY & wanted to return to this great club blah, blah, blah. If he hadnt said that I wouldnt be so dirty right now. I dont care hes gone just the way he went about it. And his slime of a father & his reaction on the news last night. Having said all that 2 years is a long way away . Anything could happen. Whos to say Hoppa will want to play footy again. How fit will he be anyway. Heres hoping the MIGHTY MANLY SEA EAGLES would have gone back 2 back 2 back by then.

Wouldn't the tax come out before the contribution (is it a tythe in this instance?) to the 'Big Love' cult, oops sorry, church?

The article reports Hoppa Snr will be earning 200k a year as part of the deal. I bet he didn't earn that much dosh when he was at the height of his playing career.

Phantar said:
Wouldn't the tax come out before the contribution (is it a tythe in this instance?) to the 'Big Love' cult, oops sorry, church?

Mate, you are letting hatred eat you up. Get over it all.

manlysister said:
Im not worried that Hoppa is now an eel its the fact he lied on national television to all the Manly supporters saying he loved MANLY & wanted to return to this great club blah, blah, blah. If he hadnt said that I wouldnt be so dirty right now. I dont care hes gone just the way he went about it. And his slime of a father & his reaction on the news last night. Having said all that 2 years is a long way away . Anything could happen. Whos to say Hoppa will want to play footy again. How fit will he be anyway. Heres hoping the MIGHTY MANLY SEA EAGLES would have gone back 2 back 2 back by then.

He might be run over by a cement truck whilst he's on the Joe Smith Doorknock Appeal.

Q: What do you get when you cross a Hoppa with an octopus?
A: It's pretty ugly, but it sure can pick a lot of coconuts!

Have you heard why Hoppa moved to Parra?

Because, according to the Telecrap, "of his desire to play under coach Steve Kearney". That apparently sealed the deal.

P L E A S E. Parra if you are going to make up lies at least try to make them credible.

There wouldn't be a RL player in the world who would chose to play under Kearney - already a proven failure at Parra - than Des.

RE: Have you heard why Hoppa moved to Parra?

The Who said:
Because, according to the Telecrap, "of his desire to play under coach Steve Kearney". That apparently sealed the deal.

P L E A S E. Parra if you are going to make up lies at least try to make them credible.

There wouldn't be a RL player in the world who would chose to play under Kearney - already a proven failure at Parra - than Des.

By the time he actually plays for Parramatta Kearney will most likely have been sacked.

RE: Have you heard why Hoppa moved to Parra?

I'm assuming they've signed him because they think they will have made Hayne a #6 by 2014. So they are creating a "spine" of Sandow/Hayne/Hopoate. Personally I don't think it's a great spine anyway, Sandow with his alcohol and gambling problems, Hayne a pampered sook and Hopoate impressionable and likely to clash with Hayne on the field, rather than complement him.

But the main thing for Eels fans is it doesn't matter what spine you have, you can't win when you lumber it with old bloated forwards in the Hindmarsh category and a losing culture.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10