Hoppa - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Hoppa to Parra!!!

Sky Sport has Des wishing Will well.
Will has ended up looking deceitfull after being filmed yesterday stating his alliegance to Manly.

The MORMONey tag will hurt him. The deal has JH smell about it, poor kid - another Dokic or whatever that poor tennis player is called.

I wish him the best.

Yeah OEE - Digits Sr is a veritable cro-magnon man. Absolute halfwit. An inbred mutant with the world's greatest underbite. except that he left because initially Peter Sharp didn't want him. Remember how Hoppa Sr was suspended for about 7 weeks in 1999 because he turned up drunk at training?

He will fit in well with the Parramatta brains trust. Wonder if old mate Peter Sharp will still be there? Lol.

Poor form by Will to say that he wants to come back to Manly while knowing all along he has signed with parra.

I suppose that he will doing plenty of that over the next 2 years

OneEyedEagle said:
Thanks for that moondog, that’s the kid I was thinking of.

If crusher is right I won't lose any sleep about Hoppa going to the slime.

Just saw the Hoppa Snr on 10 news and I can't believe the fake act in denying he didn't know about the move, what a peanut brain.

Wil, For such a religious person I thought the first thing you are taught is not to lie, the biggest sham of all time played out on the Sea Eagle loyalist fans. I wonder how much of a say did the Mormon church have in his decision when you have to fork out 35% of your salary to be a member of their cult.

We are a premier winning championship side, players come and go, we will still go back to back next year and win another 3 or more titles within the next 8 years providing Des and Crusher remain.
couldnt agree more OOE,at the end of the day,his word means nothing and thats something he is going to have to live with.his old has to have had something to do with it,look at how much influence he had over him in the second SOO game,good luck Will,your gunna need it

tookey said:
Poor form by Will to say that he wants to come back to Manly while knowing all along he has signed with parra.

I suppose that he will doing plenty of that over the next 2 years

Yes, he will have plenty of time to tell more unwitting lies - this time about the 'Book of Mormon,' over the next two years.

Danny Weidler, just reported that parra have signed hoppa for $1.7 milion for 2 seasons WTF????!!! Someone call Schubert quick! Weidler also said Manly wanted people to know why he left

Ouch ... pretty harsh news for Manly.

To be honest I reckon it's wrong too, given that Manly brought him up via their development program.

Hayne and Hoppa, there goes half the cap.

$800k a season is the claimed amount...

Darwin Eel said:
@Jerry
That is our current Roster. 90% Juniors.

@REX
Nah I actually hate Manly cause i think Hasler is a whining baby and never gracious in defeat.

Having said that though I agreed with several of his spats this year as they regarded some of the most shocking calls I've seen in Rugby League history.

Anyway, I was only here to share what little info I had to offer. I'll leave you guys too it before I get lynched for being a Parra supporter.

Congrats again on the premiership.

why are you here who cares what you think.

havent bothered to read the other posts but i bet someone else has already said it. Will has no say in his contract negotiations. he does what the ol man tells him

Bayllistic said:
Danny Weidler, just reported that parra have signed hoppa for $1.7 milion for 2 seasons WTF????!!! Someone call Schubert quick! Weidler also said Manly wanted people to know why he left

**** off??? The only players worth anywhere near that are lockyer thurston foran slater hayne and snake.

It's laughable that Parra spend this sort of cash on one player!
Hayne, Hoppa & Sandow will take the lionshare of their cap...do they know they need forwards?
This is the type of silly business that has seen them without a premiership for 25 years & counting.
Hoppa will realise his mistake soon enough! Foz & DCE are the base of our side for the next decade! They are PRIORITY...Hoppa was a luxury we can afford to lose!

This yarn cracks me up!
When I hear Hoppa or the Parramatta club announce his signing, then I'll wish him luck and say farewell.
Until then this is just another media feeding frenzy (very surpisingly with an 'anti-Manly' bent) and based on that we have Manly fans slamming Hoppa for being dishonest. Wake up, give the kid some credit, so far he has shown more integrity and less fascination with following the dollar than pretty much everyone else I can think of.

To condemn him based on twitter & the daily tele doesn't do us Manly fans much credit, imho. He's gone for at least 2 years anyway, so why even stress about it?

Napper said:
Bayllistic said:

f**k off??? The only players worth anywhere near that are lockyer thurston foran slater hayne and snake.

Agreed if this is true its no wonder hoppa left, but again WTF??? Wingers are worth 250-300k a year max. In any case I wasn't fussed when i first heard this and now its just laughable. Parra must have forgotten you need 13 players on the field not 3. We will use the money to get Des and T-Rex signed up... will be money well spent

MrInvisible said:
Ouch ... pretty harsh news for Manly.

To be honest I reckon it's wrong too, given that Manly brought him up via their development program.

Hayne and Hoppa, there goes half the cap.

$800k a season is the claimed amount...

Fuk mate why dont you just start following Manly , your in here a bit ..fuk the kennel off & join the silvertails..

Wierdler said on 9 it was 1.7 for two years (must have been the majic undies) - thats some funny **** right there.

Hope it's true and I hope it takes him two years to get back to where he is now when he gets back - that'll crush parra's cap budget and upset every single player at the club

Napper said:
Bayllistic said:

f**k off??? The only players worth anywhere near that are lockyer thurston foran slater hayne and snake.

Weidler quoted 'Manly insiders' as saying it was $1.7 mil. Channel 7 said $800 per season. The Club may just be engaging in some psychological warfare with traditional cellar dwellers Parramatta - in the hope that the
latter's supporters worry about the overs that Parramatta are prepared to pay a 22 NRL games 'veteran.' Play mindgames with them.

Whilst throwing conspiracies out there, it may also explain why 'religious duties' prevented John H and family from attending on Sunday. Maybe he couldn't look former team mates/associates in the eye?

Having thought about this, it does not worry me the slightest that Will is leaving. Yes, he's a special talent - we all know that, but 2 years out of the game is not going to benefit his rugby league career. He will come back a good player, but definately not worth spending $250-$300K on. The positive out of this - expect T-Rex to resign in the next week or so. If we had plenty of cash to entice Will to stay, that can now go towards T-Rex and a few others to make sure they stay in the maroon and white.

Phantar said:
Napper said:
Bayllistic said:

Weidler quoted 'Manly insiders' as saying it was $1.7 mil. Channel 7 said $800 per season. The Club may just be engaging in some psychological warfare with traditional cellar dwellers Parramatta - in the hope that the
latter's supporters worry about the overs that Parramatta are prepared to pay a 22 NRL games 'veteran.' Play mindgames with them.

Whilst throwing conspiracies out there, it may also explain why 'religious duties' prevented John H and family from attending on Sunday. Maybe he couldn't look former team mates/associates in the eye?

Could be,
Though I dont see why we would need to play mind games with the slime, they are a joke of a club and will never reach the heights of the Mighty Sea Eagles. If Manly really did spread this leak I would say it was in defence a few people have given the club some stick over letting hoppa go it also makes him seem less of a traitor.. i mean 800-850k a season? who could blame him if has signed for them

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8