Hoppa - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Hoppa to Parra!!!

OneEyedEagle said:
It will be interesting to see what Des and Crusher have in the making... I'm gutted like everyone else but have enough trust in Des and Crusher to unearth some new exciting talent to replace Hoppa at a fraction of the slimes $500k offer.

Just hope Hoppa won't be led astray by Hayne coming out of night clubs late at night and being shot at. Hoppa Snr could work as security.

Pretty sure Crusher signed a young kid 16 or 17 from North Qld earlier this year.

Lets face it we are going to lose some players due to the cap, some we can live with (eg Rodney) but some will hurt us.

To me you wouldn't want too commit too much to player who has been away from the game for 2 years not matter how good he is.

A bit disapointing to hear he demoted himself to our feeder club. Then again Our Toyota Cup and NSW clubs got the spoon and Parra almost got it, so I guess we gotta send someone back to secure our future. Anyway in 2 years he'll take a while to find form. I think with him going in that means Parra will have offloaded someone by then, most likely Luke Burt would retire by then.

If true a big desperate gamble by Parra and we have higher priorities like DCE Foran Lussick as other as have said.

In next few years William may well have pause to reflect on whether he should have allowed himself to be influenced by those who were far more interested by the big bucks on offer rather than where his career was best suited - might be a good life lesson in the making.

His heart would have told him Manly but others would have said grab the cash. William will only be 22 when he returns to play league, so who knows where he will end up after a season or two....plenty of time left to come back if that is the right decision for him. Maybe John will have got a decent job by then :dodgy:

PS: and as much as I loved Will's grand final performance and the miraculous flick pass to Glenn, he did make the error that saw Manu score in the corner. Hoppa was slightly out of position and gave Manu 2 metres too much, and didn't slide out fast enough when the play came back his way.

EagleRock40 said:
OneEyedEagle said:
It will be interesting to see what Des and Crusher have in the making... I'm gutted like everyone else but have enough trust in Des and Crusher to unearth some new exciting talent to replace Hoppa at a fraction of the slimes $500k offer.

Just hope Hoppa won't be led astray by Hayne coming out of night clubs late at night and being shot at. Hoppa Snr could work as security.

Pretty sure Crusher signed a young kid 16 or 17 from North Qld earlier this year.

I don't know if it it’s the same thing ER40 but I do remember (not the year it was announced) about Manly signing a young 16 or 17 year aboriginal player. He won't be coming to Manly till after the Olympics.

Ceagle said:
I would be more disappointed if I heard we signed him for $500,000. There are far more important players in our squad that we should worry about re-signing.
,,couldnt agree more,they did the same with Hodgkison last year,and we ended with the better halfback by a country mile

Ceagle said:
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=392600&page=4

Check out some of these poor parra fans I have baited. They seriously believe I am emotionally distraught.

hahahaha.

You should've included a message to them saying this: You should have a read of a message that one of our fellow Manly fans has posted on this years premiership winning teams' forum just for other NRL Teams. 'Attention supporters of other NRL Teams, whether you like it or not the Manly Sea Eagles are a contestant in the NRL.'

who says he's going to be any good in 2 years anyway? Parramatta's offer is ridiculous, if true. I'd much rather Manly spend the money on re-signing everyone else, and buying another utility back to replace him.

OneEyedEagle said:
EagleRock40 said:
OneEyedEagle said:

I don't know if it it’s the same thing ER40 but I do remember (not the year it was announced) about Manly signing a young 16 or 17 year aboriginal player. He won't be coming to Manly till after the Olympics.
His names Joshua Robinson still 15 or 16 I think, he's from Toowoomba and is reputed to be a flyer, plays fullback.

OK I have come back to post something I just read on Jarryd Haynes twitter that you guys might find interesting.

jarrydhayne_1 jarryd hayne
Let's hope the media Havnt jumped the gun with @whopoate.
2 hours ago

Could this mean it's not official yet?

Just thought I would share it with you guys.

500k for a winger, 500k for their half. That isn't a whole lot of cap left for the other 23 players

Daniel said:
500k for a winger, 500k for their half. That isn't a whole lot of cap left for the other 23 players

Hop wouldn't be playing winger. You also have to remember the cap will be 7mill in 2014.

I think the risk more lies in putting so much faith into a player who is going to be off the field for 2 years. It's basically a million dollar bet on him being able to bounce back.

That is crazy money for a winger, they mist be banking on a huge cap increase

Im amazed how much i am actually not bothered by this at all. We had all resided to the fact he will be gone for 2 years anyway. If this article was about DEs going to the Dogs i would be swinging from a light fitting. Hoppa is a great player but highly over-rated at this stage of his career much like DCE i hope DCE kicks on in his second season but there is a good chance he will struggle. Hoppa is a bigger problem he will be brainwashed for 2 years so i for one wont miss him if he does go.

I think this is Telegraphs way of pissing on our Parade putting this on back page and Brett Stewart on the front about the Gallop crap.

WE ARE NUMBER 1 F*** ALL THE HATERS YOU CANT BE US!!!!.

amrak said:
Darwin Eel said:
Daniel said:

Hop wouldn't be playing winger. You also have to remember the cap will be 7mill in 2014.

I think the risk more lies in putting so much faith into a player who is going to be off the field for 2 years. It's basically a million dollar bet on him being able to bounce back.

Spot on Darwin Eel about time these suckers lost a young star. I can't believe you are not resigning him or can't find the brain power to as premiers find the cash. When he comes back wolfman will be gone the injured hack not to mention stewarts knees are stuffed and lyon is getting on.I do have some good news for you though Ben Farrer is returning to you guy's next year as a back up fullback to stewart. T Williams going to the Eels NEXT year as well but JWH is returning to you guy's. Lock it in eddie

These "suckers" you refer to are basking in the glory of premiership number 8. Been so long since Parra won a flag you'll probably burn your ground down again if you ever get there.

I guess Daniel Mortimer won't be recontracted again

conanu said:
I think this is Telegraphs way of pissing on our Parade putting this on back page and Brett Stewart on the front about the Gallop crap.

This.

500k is way too much for
a) someone who hasnt completed a full season ( he was injured a lot)
b) spending 2 years away from the game
c) a winger

wish him well but we went well without him during the year
only with robertson was staying

amrak said:
Darwin Eel said:
Daniel said:

Spot on Darwin Eel about time these suckers lost a young star. I can't believe you are not resigning him or can't find the brain power to as premiers find the cash. When he comes back wolfman will be gone the injured hack not to mention stewarts knees are stuffed and lyon is getting on.I do have some good news for you though Ben Farrer is returning to you guy's next year as a back up fullback to stewart. T Williams going to the Eels NEXT year as well but JWH is returning to you guy's. Lock it in eddie
1. Apparently we or should I say he, is 'resigning' Amrak - from Manly, if the reports are correct. Perhaps you meant 're-signing' him?
2. And what's this? Both Stewarts have knee problems? Or did you mean one of the Stewart's? Brett perhaps?
3. We lost a 'young star' last year in fact. Trent Hodkinson from memory. How's he going now? Lol.
4. Whose this 'guy' you're talking about? Or did you mean 'guys?'

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8