Hoppa's hamstring

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gorgeous George said:
bones said:
Gorgeous George said:
Forget Robbo - he's too injury prone. Bring on Oldfield.

One injury In Five years .... Injury prone alright.

Sorry, maybe I should have added a smiley face to my obvious sarcasm.

Or one of these
character0053.gif
reeling-smiley.gif

or this
character0052.gif
once bones or anyone else had taken the bait :p

Its a shame Hoppa got injured, but we have the depth, my guess is that it will be the same team as last week just with watmough starting and buhrer back to the bench.

Copa Eagle said:
Its a shame Hoppa got injured, but we have the depth, my guess is that it will be the same team as last week just with watmough starting and buhrer back to the bench.

Yep its a shame but Hoppa will be back for the Finals and with Hoppa going next year it will be good to give Oldfield ect some more experience.

In 2008 with Lyon out we played the latter part of the season knowing we had another gear for the finals. Wasn't so bad. Maybe even helped.

Rex said:
In 2008 with Lyon out we played the latter part of the season knowing we had another gear for the finals. Wasn't so bad. Maybe even helped.

very true Rex am looking for the positives in this although its a pain in the neck to have Will injured despite his great performance last night.

Perhaps it will pan out well to have Will Hoppa rested up for 4 weeks mid season and have him back fresher as the late July run to the finals begins.

Its only round 15 out of 26 right now and its hardly even got cold yet

I don't know why everyone moans about origin, he could done it last week against the Cowboys. Just bad luck.

Manly get no recompense for wages paid to Hoppa during his enforced absence. It would be different if we did, but we don't. There's no cap advantage either.

Shame to lose him for the Dragons game. Real shame. M Robbo is a solid winger though, and will do well (if he's good to play?)

Cletus said:
I don't know why everyone moans about origin, he could done it last week against the Cowboys. Just bad luck.

Every player on the field each week can get an injury.It happens all year round.Origin,(and the City/country joke) mean that a select 34 players are subject to injury.Manly pays for hoppa through the year,and we DON'T get any recompense for losing him.What other country/sport in the world (that has international competition),places more emphasis on their state,than their country.

ayjay007 said:
Cletus said:

Every player on the field each week can get an injury.It happens all year round.Origin,(and the City/country joke) mean that a select 34 players are subject to injury.Manly pays for hoppa through the year,and we DON'T get any recompense for losing him.What other country/sport in the world (that has international competition),places more emphasis on their state,than their country.
Hoppa was constantly out in toyota cup with the same HAMSTRING injury....6 weeks plus a chance of re injuring when hes back....is he a problem in the future .......big chance.

mr seagles said:
ayjay007 said:
Cletus said:

Hoppa was constantly out in toyota cup with the same HAMSTRING injury....6 weeks plus a chance of re injuring when hes back....is he a problem in the future .......big chance.

Dude hush up , we are well aware of his hamstring injuries last yr kept him out for a bit, but look how he plays.The Snakes not going too bad either after all the **** he has had with both his knees.
I dont see why 1 injury makes him a liability.

FFS

Manly gets benefit from the increased exposure that players like hoppa and choc get

Wonder why the players with the most rep players have more sponsors and are financially secure?

Try looking beyond brookvale and see the bigger picture

Yes it does suck one of our own got injured...but how much media exposure did we, as a club, have in the previous week

Feck me and people whinge about the whole why are we under the radar crap

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6