Hoppa's hamstring

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz said:
FFS

Manly gets benefit from the increased exposure that players like hoppa and choc get

And also a potential increase in salary that must be paid to Hoppa for now being a SOO player.

Sorry, your arguments just don't hold, Isz.

You have to be kidding me

The exposure for the club far outweigh any contract increase to individual players

They don't mention Manly's Hoppa - just Hoppa.

I understand what you're saying, but its not just the contract increase... Its the contract increase, the fact that our players miss at least one game for us per Origin game they play, also, as is the case with Hoppa, our club misses out on our players while they recover from injury from a meaningless game.

I just don't buy into that logic mate.

Of course there is a "halo" affect from mentioning hoppa (same as Choc) and there are corporate benefits for the club. I do not buy this as a meaningless game.

Rugby League needs to have some sort of elitre competition apart from the NRL. International League (not withistanding the current kiwi revival) is limited at best. This is one of the primary points of difference with AFL...an elite level comp

Anyhew we will have to agree to disagree on this one

So no origin. No city/country(well this we could probably do with out) What about test matches? Same thing could happen. So does that mean we dont want rep games, just the NRL comp? What about the players wanting to make it to these levels of football? Or is it about compensation for the club?

I think so mate.

Happy to keep chatting about it though... I guess what I would say to that is that there's no reason SOO couldn't be played pre or post season. That would significantly reduce the negative effects of the game, while not having a big effect on the positives you've mentioned.

America doesn't send there best players to international sports as they will not release them from there club sides. for example Basket ball they send a seconds team to the world cup and they have never sent a top baseball team to the olympics as their clubs won't allow it.

Pre-season? **** that given the amount of injuries during the 1st 5 rounds
It should go Pre-season-Season-Finals-CityVSCountry for Both states-SoO then 4 Nations/World cup and back into pre-season for 2 months then back into the season

This way there isnt a boring 200months between seasons

Drower even US sports have the pro-ball / all star weekend

As for baseball, until relatively recently the Olympics was an amateur (granted it was claytons) only event. Furthermore the drug testing laws prohibit most baseballers

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/drug-test-demands-behind-balfours-exodus-20110607-1fpzk.html

As for basketball what about the dream team's?

codewana said:
I think so mate.

Happy to keep chatting about it though... I guess what I would say to that is that there's no reason SOO couldn't be played pre or post season. That would significantly reduce the negative effects of the game, while not having a big effect on the positives you've mentioned.

100% agree the timing of the game is awful

Ideally it would be a stand alone game. Granted it does not reduce the chance of injury...at least it would reduce the impact on teams pre / post

One thing they could do to ease the burden on players and clubs a little bit is to cancel the third game if the series is already decided. Now that is a meaningless game. They wouldn't do it though because of the $

drower said:
America doesn't send there best players to international sports as they will not release them from there club sides. for example Basket ball they send a seconds team to the world cup and they have never sent a top baseball team to the olympics as their clubs won't allow it.

Wot about the English soccer releasing their players to play for Australia in a friendly?
Now they're on a lot more money playing for English/ European Football clubs than our Club games.

It's just part of Representative games.
You want the best in your Club team? You have to put up with having them absent during the relatively short Rep season.

I havent read all the posts but Hoppa struggled with a reccuring hamstring injury during 2009. Hopefully he will shake this one off quickly.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4