How Soft are our Forwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

XV-1

First Grader
Can anyone name any player that made any impact tonight against the Broncs.

When we were #1, our forwards hunted as a pack, a team, players that bled for each other.

Where is that now?

Most of them are too slow, immobile, ineffective. We statistically have the slowest play the ball in the league. I reckon my missus could deliver a baby faster than some of these fellas get up and play-the-ball.

It's just a complete lack of effort, passion and energy. They should take a leaf out of the young Broncos forwards tonight - they showed what high impact, high speed does.

I have to say, Keppie has been by far the biggest disappointment this year. After that game against the Eels last year at Wankbest I thought he had progressed to a whole new level… little did I know he was just an imposter for the day.

Lack direction and momentum out of the dummy half
Lumbering forwards who are 1 out with zero support
The lack of aggression was very welcome to the Brisbane pack who grew against unwilling opposition
The downward spiral of Kapow, who was at 1 stage a feared man, is sad to see....
Probably the weakest and most unwilling performance I have seen from Manly for a long, long time
Some bad calls early, but no excuses are needed, the players folded and showed no backbone....a day I hope Manly keep in a box and throw away the key.

The coin Jake, Marty and Alioia are on it’s hard to fathom how they deserve it!!

It’s a pity Tuitavake got injured as Guaca could do with someone else in the pack giving it a red hot crack also..

Aloiai is a good forward that's been having a solid season. He had an off game. Hard to do much when you are starved of the ball and just defending.

Our grub of a forward which all good teams need was allowed to leave. And we were left with Martina Taupau
Losing Addin Fonua-Blake was a disaster. I think Souths know a similar feeling (only even greater) now with Reynolds leaving. I hate to criticize our team, but I think it's fair to say our forwards do not physically intimidate their opponents. Haumole Olakau'atu is the exception and Aloiai is also a good forward. Jake tries hard, but lacks any punch in attack these days. Time has caught up with the great Marty Tapau sadly. Sipley has some good moments. Our backs are fast, but lack the physical strength of the top teams. Letting Moses Suli go was another error of judgment in my opinion. He was the only exception to this glaring problem in our backline. Happy to be proved wrong, but we are in for a long, long season.

Last edited:
Lack direction and momentum out of the dummy half
Lumbering forwards who are 1 out with zero support
The lack of aggression was very welcome to the Brisbane pack who grew against unwilling opposition
The downward spiral of Kapow, who was at 1 stage a feared man, is sad to see....
Probably the weakest and most unwilling performance I have seen from Manly for a long, long time
Some bad calls early, but no excuses are needed, the players folded and showed no backbone....a day I hope Manly keep in a box and throw away the key.
Funny thing is Kapow was good last week. I guess it's flat track bully syndrome, put in against weak opposition. When a competition is required. Nah.

You only have to look at Haas and Carrigan last night to see the difference a straight hard running forward makes.As many have said before,AFB was a big loss but I don’t begrudge him nor the club for the split.Problem was that they didn’t replace him.Aloiai fits that description but he’s either suspended or injured and hasn’t had a chance to get fit.Sipley can also fill that role but not sure Des is a big fan and he’d need to be a lot fitter.Carrigan and Haas only played 54&56 minutes respectively last night but had maximum impact and both are capable of playing a lot more minutes in a match

Losing Addin Fonua-Blake was a disaster. I think Souths know a similar feeling (only even greater) now with Reynolds leaving. I hate to criticize our team, but I think it's fair to say our forwards do not physically intimidate their opponents. Haumole Olakau'atu is the exception and Aloiai is also a good forward. Jake tries hard, but lacks any punch in attack these days. Time has caught up with the great Marty Tapau sadly. Sipley has some good moments. Our backs are fast, but lack the physical strength of the top teams. Letting Moses Suli go was another error of judgment in my opinion. He was the only exception to this glaring problem in our backline. Happy to be proved wrong, but we are in for a long, long season.
Agree totally with the A F B sentiment but not the Suli comparison . Liked his inclusion in the side when he was at Manly but Koula and Tippeytoes on the scene now and as good as he could be at times . dont "t think he is worth any where near what the Dragons offered him . Again think that Paseka "s input is very important and Schuster could only improve the pack . Olaku - atu , Alioia , Paseka , Schuster Jake , Walker and maybe to a lesser extent Davey having big minutes on the paddock would be a real bonus the way things are presently

Agree totally with the A F B sentiment but not the Suli comparison . Liked his inclusion in the side when he was at Manly but Koula and Tippeytoes on the scene now and as good as he could be at times . dont "t think he is worth any where near what the Dragons offered him . Again think that Paseka "s input is very important and Schuster could only improve the pack . Olaku - atu , Alioia , Paseka , Schuster Jake , Walker and maybe to a lesser extent Davey having big minutes on the paddock would be a real bonus the way things are presently
Agree,letting Suli go was a no brainer.Looking at the likes of Koula,Tuipulotu and BenT shows the difference in enthusiasm and they certainly have more speed than Suli,maybe not BenT.Suli will have a great game and many got excited but they were few and far between and it was quite obvious he didn’t want to put in the extra effort,while at Manly.

Most of them are too slow, immobile, ineffective. We statistically have the slowest play the ball in the league. I reckon my missus could deliver a baby faster than some of these fellas get up and play-the-ball.

It's just a complete lack of effort, passion and energy. They should take a leaf out of the young Broncos forwards tonight - they showed what high impact, high speed does.

I know its a bad example but compare Melboure's big men to Manly's and did you see the Dogs forwards last night, they had whole sets of 6 were stayed behind Newcastle's defensive line - Thompson and TPJ were the chief offenders.

Speaking of the Dogs I can see Jake ending like Josh Jackson in a year or two.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8