How Soft are our Forwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Keppie is an absolute dud, I hate his stupid face

He can pack his bags and take most of his forward mates with him, they wouldn’t knock the froth off each other latte’s

Our grub of a forward which all good teams need was allowed to leave. And we were left with Martina Taupau
Not particularly fussed we got rid of AFB, I still agree with it to a degree.

However, at the time I was hoping we'd get let Taupau go as well to really change up our forwards. I thought that was a good opportunity to make our forwards more speedy by bringing in a Welch / Murray (realistically, not actually Murray) type or young forward. But no, we still seem to have a similar, slow forward pack that occasionally dominates.

If we start slow the forward pack get tired as, mostly due to the size of them imo.

Jake is too sluggish and is relying on nepotism to play 80mins at lock in with uninspiring urgency. His resilience is admirable but he is a prop at best, and 50-60 mins should be a more manageable match-time for him.

Hopefully Schu's return sparks them, i'd like to bring in a rookie forward onto the bench and drop Keppie ASAP. Taupau should go to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't agree the forwards are soft. I think the team is lacking in resilience and that is disappointing when you have DCE Foran and Tom Turbo on the field. The team leadership has to own that shortcoming.

Last year Turbo showed a steely resolve but this year his confidence has looked shot from the get-go. They tell us he's fit so what's the problem?

Foran is just the leader we need but he had a bad game yesterday and physically he struggles at times. Used to be great.

DCE? I'm a fan, but for all his huge array of skills and his calm demeanour off-field he sometimes looks like a scatterbrain on field. He doesn't personify patience yet when we are on the back foot a calm methodical approach is vital, not giving up precious possession and field position so easily. I though that was a key moment.

Also our compressed defence exposed yet again by the kicks to Cobbo. Are we doing it wrong or is it just a stupid plan??

Either way I don't agree our forwards are soft :)

I don't agree the forwards are soft. I think the team is lacking in resilience and that is disappointing when you have DCE Foran and Tom Turbo on the field. The team leadership has to own that shortcoming.

Last year Turbo showed a steely resolve but this year his confidence has looked shot from the get-go. They tell us he's fit so what's the problem?

Foran is just the leader we need but he had a bad game yesterday and physically he struggles at times. Used to be great.

DCE? I'm a fan, but for all his huge array of skills and his calm demeanour off-field he sometimes looks like a scatterbrain on field. He doesn't personify patience yet when we are on the back foot a calm methodical approach is vital, not giving up precious possession and field position so easily. I though that was a key moment.

Also our compressed defence exposed yet again by the kicks to Cobbo. Are we doing it wrong or is it just a stupid plan??

Either way I don't agree our forwards are soft :)
Disagree totally

Reynolds looked a worldbeater last night !!

Why

Their forwards owned every one of the 80 minutes , ours didn’t own a single 1.

Either smashed in attack or rolled over in defence.

Stick Reynolds in a Manly jumper last night and he’d of looked like a custard slice.

DCE does try a little too hard and makes stupid decisions when we are under the pump but he’s trying,

The forwards on the other hand, about as hard as a Vanilla Slice.

Jake busts a gut, Croker works hard , the rest , pfffft

Nothing has changed from 2022.

Our forwards are as soft as marshmallows, except they also drop them.
Completely outgunned by the Parra forwards.

Bully was the only forward that didn't embarrass himself.

Pathetic. Spoonbold, what are you going to do about it?

Jake, Paseka and Bullemor are the only forwards who have stood up consistently this year. Olakau'atu seems to be having a slump but I m confident he'll come good. Fainu and Burbo should turn out to be alright too.

Everyone else I wouldn't be sad to see replaced.

You also have to wonder what the hell our conditioning and recovery is like. For every one good game we follow it up with three s**t ones.

I think we have a decent pack developing, today was a shocker of a performance though.

8. Tent
9. Croker
10. Jake
11. Guaca
12. Fainu
13. Keppie

14. Gordie
15. Bully
16. Tualagi
17. Sipley

Aloiai must surely go, he offers nothing apart from making dumb and dumber look like they're in Mensa. Woods will be gone at the end of the year anyway, Tuilagi was a mistake and we don't need him. The rest I'd probably persevere with

Aloiai must surely go, he offers nothing apart from making dumb and dumber look like they're in Mensa. Woods will be gone at the end of the year anyway, Tuilagi was a mistake and we don't need him. The rest I'd probably persevere with

One thing Kelma has going for him is he has great hands. Pity his is such a lazy POS in every other respect.

Filthy performances A - Z
The forwards had every chance against a side missing 8 players but dogged out.
Usually would find an excuse for such a weak performance, but tonight's get bow to Gutho and his slimes ass Eels like a dog

If you want another edge forward in the 17, I'd pick burbo over tualagi.

Looks like they should do alright though
I like Burbo, for me where he is and the team I would have Burbo at Centre left or right, Garrick had a great game against the Dolphins at right centre however I think he is still needed on the left wing.

Even Alex Twal is scoring tries tonight
street fighter glitch GIF by kotutohum

I haven’t seen much of Matterson only the games on Fox for Workers, he looks an upgrade on John’s for the 30 man squad, looks a very good ball distributor and maybe 13 is a spot he could fill if his defence is there.
He's similar to his brother, obviously not as good but is a ball playing forward that might offer a bit of second phase. He's been playing pretty well for BWSE.

Ummm
Nothing has changed from 2022.

Our forwards are as soft as marshmallows, except they also drop them.
Completely outgunned by the Parra forwards.

Bully was the only forward that didn't embarrass himself.

Pathetic. Spoonbold, what are you going to do about it?
I thought Keppie was our best forward by a mile!!!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10