I Called it in Round 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just interested

Considering the game at half time, and the injuries , what could have TB done differently?

Or is it simpler to just say he can not coach.

For me I have no idea how you can judge considering we have not had anywhere near our first choice team on the field at all. Finally , even with our full strength team, it depends on where you see us.

At full strength , without the injury run , I still see us in the 7 - 10 range.

You obviously know more about coaching than I, and more about the inner workings of the team, but I don't see a need to ditch him, the team is trying its guts out. Raiders too big and strong and we were too busted. I thought they'd put 50 or more on but our patched up side kept fighting, credit to them for that.
Bullsh1t, you are sugar coating a disgraceful situation.

Just interested

Considering the game at half time, and the injuries , what could have TB done differently?

For me I have no idea how you can judge considering we have not had anywhere near our first choice team on the field at all. Finally , even with our full strength team, it depends on where you see us.

Trent has a gameplan for a team that can defend well, we can't. He is too conservative, and needs to re-adjust his structures.

It is no coincidence we look better near the end of games where nothing matter anymore and the players do as they please.

Just interested

He did not select players capable of dealing with the biggest pack in the comp. we were focked before kick off.

Trent has a gameplan for a team that can defend well, we can't. He is too conservative, and needs to re-adjust his structures.

It is no coincidence we look better near the end of games where nothing matter anymore and the players do as they please.
But how can they ever play a structure when there is zero consistency

New team which needs time to gel has had no time to gel. Look even then I still think we struggle against the top teams where the raiders will be

And letting players like Hiku go instead of get rid or not signing some of the crap players. At least we'll have plenty of cash once the older brigade retire.

He did not select players capable of dealing with the biggest pack in the comp. we were focked before kick off.
So who do you pick? Afb? Tommy S ? Do you honesty think they would make the difference ?

I did like TB's chair kick. First sign of passion I've seen. Maybe his job is under threat?

I thought i was agreeing with you.
Okay let's agree on that. I'm a bit bloody emotional tonight. Sorry. I honestly believed there might have been something phenomenal about this Trent Barret bloke as a coach.

Enough to punt a club legend. And to give a rookie the reins. It's doing my head in. Nathan Brown would have been better.

I'm devastated. More devastated than I was in 2004 when the Panthers put 70 on us. This is soul destroying. That's right, Greenturd.. soul destroying. The media are on their way to destroying this once great club. But the fact that our owners ditched a Manly legend who had a decent coaching record, with an outsider and an imposter --- who is (on results so far) not up to the task. I heard Tooves on MMM this morning saying how he missing the game... he should never have been removed the way he was. I am beyond words. And then there are the match fixing rumours.....this is gonna be one looooong season.

But how can they ever play a structure when there is zero consistency

New team which needs time to gel has had no time to gel. Look even then I still think we struggle against the top teams where the raiders will be

I am talking more general than specific. We are playing too conservatively when if we just have fun we seem a lot more potent.

We need to be more offensively orientated in general.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
You obviously know more about coaching than I, and more about the inner workings of the team, but I don't see a need to ditch him, the team is trying its guts out. Raiders too big and strong and we were too busted. I thought they'd put 50 or more on but our patched up side kept fighting, credit to them for that.
they put 30 on us till the busted kicked in. That was pathetic

Okay let's agree on that. I'm a bit bloody emotional tonight. Sorry. I honestly believed there might have been something phenomenal about this Trent Barret bloke as a coach.

Enough to punt a club legend. And to give a rookie the reins. It's doing my head in. Nathan Brown would have been better.
Brown had experience before getting the job at drugcastle , TB has none. And Carty coached the titans to mediocrity.
Lets jet in the walker boys for the rest of the season and at least be entertaining.

If the Walker brothers or Hasler can be our coach I'd drop Barrett in a heartbeat. Otherwise, he probably should be given at least one more season to prove himself. He's inherited an absolute basket case of a team.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6