I LOVE SOO!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
Reynolds will challenge the Grade 2, good on him. Scott contributed to the flip and he only got a Grade 1. :cool:

Tate is such a drama queen with his 'feared for me life' comments :dodgy:

The grub has succeeded in his challenge.

Tony Williams got 7 weeks for the same tackle.

How ironic we're wanting Grub Reynolds to be there now for Origin 2!

And not there against us next week.

Wasn't it you @HappilyManly that said we is schizoid sometimes?? LOL.

Go grubby ( only against QLD)!

Grubby good, Grubby hate The Two Headers , Grubby not free to dive at Brookie :p

Jamal Idris is stood down after an epic bender :cool:
Rorters looking for a dysfunctional center ?
Queue the Mundine Rehab Crew !

What's wrong with Jamal?

He wanted to come back home to Sydney's west..the Jolly Giant Gus arranged that for him, yet he's playing up already?

Mebbe he went on a bender coz KFC was closed!

*Can someone clarify if Reynolds can, or can't play against us next week please *

Idris is another self indulgent git, wasting his God given talent and disrespecting everyone who cares about him :dodgy:

Dogs have the BYE this round, so Grubby will serve his one match suspension on the Brookie Hill :cool:

Yeah you need a minimum of 100 points to miss a week. We can hate the grub as usual next week.

Fair point on Jamal @HappilyManly ...But KFC is pretty nice for a treat ( Just not everyday Jamal!)

He was probly having withdrawals from those secret herbs and spices too...

HappilyManly said:
Idris is another self indulgent git, wasting his God given talent and disrespecting everyone who cares about him :dodgy:

Dogs have the BYE this round, so Grubby will serve his one match suspension on the Brookie Hill :cool:

Nope he is free to play with no suspension. He will be playing at Brookie. :mad:

Just looking at an Origin game from '99 on Fox...

There is talk of a 40/20 from Rabs' ...While I'm asking Q's today...Just when was the 40/20 rule introduced?

I didn't think it was that long ago?? (15 yrs)!

RiverEagle said:
Just looking at an Origin game from '99 on Fox...

There is talk of a 40/20 from Rabs' ...While I'm asking Q's today...Just when was the 40/20 rule introduced?

I didn't think it was that long ago?? (15 yrs)!

40/20 was introduced in 1997. Good game you're watching too. Toovey vs Hetherington. I asked Butch (Jason) once who he thought was the toughest hooker to play during his time in the NRL. His answer (with a grin) "I was". Lol...we all know the correct answer was Toovey. Hetherington a close second :p

Thanks @mozgrame

I didn't realize it was so long ago mate. Time sure gets away!

Hetherington was a tough bugger - even tho he is a Queenslander, and played for the Dogs.

Tooves wasn't just the toughest hooker, he was the toughest player pound-for-pound I've ever seen!

mozgrame said:
40/20 was introduced in 1997. Good game you're watching too. Toovey vs Hetherington. I asked Butch (Jason) once who he thought was the toughest hooker to play during his time in the NRL. His answer (with a grin) "I was". Lol...we all know the correct answer was Toovey. Hetherington a close second :p

I bet even that answer took him 5 mins to say!

He did have quite the country twang and drawl, for sure.

Even 15 years ago this game seems vastly different, compared to Wednesday night.

They even wore real football jumpers, not the spray-on vests worn these days!

Love footy in the wet now and then, too.

globaleagle said:
mozgrame said:

I bet even that answer took him 5 mins to say!

Yeah, he is never in a hurry to get a sentence out, but what he usually says is worth listening to. Insightful and funny. He's a top bloke.

Here's a fun and totally worthless fact. Hetherington tried his hardest to get the Dogs to sign Watmough as a kid, but the Dogs thought Choc was too small to make it in the NRL. He told them not to look at his body, look at his eyes when he's playing...that's how you see how much fight, mongrel and determination is in a young bloke. The Dogs should have listened. I'm glad they didn't.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Origin should be played at seasons end IMO

If it was played on three consecutive Friday Nights after the GF then I would support the concept and follow it with interest.

Ralphie said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Origin should be played at seasons end IMO

If it was played on three consecutive Friday Nights after the GF then I would support the concept and follow it with interest.

played by half the players who haven't played for upto 6 weeks and have to return home from their holidays with family.

Fingers and toes crossed. nsw won the first game last year as well. didn't end up too good.

In the fair dinkum department they should have a medal for toughest player of the season and name it the John Sattler Medal -
would've been a few nominations for the winner coming from the game from both sides.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8