I will not renew my membership till they make some changes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NZEaglesFan

Reserve Grader
Every year I renew the membership even though I do not attend any home games as I live in Auckland, NZ and what do I get, some merchandise that is not worth the membership price but I continue to renew it as I support our team but I am seriously thinking stopping this so I do not waste my hard earned cash.

From what I have seen this year on the Field and off the field, I am seriously disappointed with the effort of some players, coach. We are going backwards. We have enough talent to be competitive but it looks like we have no game plan, no one wants to take ownership of the team and ownership that they stuffed up and something needs to be done. If the management, Coach and Players think the issue at the club will go away, then they are kidding themselves.

Fix it please, otherwise we will have no supporters left and this will lead to the demise of our club.

You know, as much as I hate Newcastle, you look at them, 3 consecutive spoons and fans showing up in droves.........and you have to admire it

Our club sits 12th and fans are wanting to bail

Our embarrassing performances on the field are being matched by the embarrassing "support" of our fans.

If you can't support us when we need it then don't let the door hit you on the way out!

I almost let it go this year but I actually caved and renewed yesterday. There was lots of pressure and they threatened to not give me my 10 year pin...!!! ;-p My wife told me not to renew hers so I didn't. She thinks Barrett can't coach, DCE can't play and the club has been a joke ever since they got rid of Toovey. She's a smart woman my wife....

I'll always support the Maroon & White, the Sea Eagles, fly the Manly flag when they're playing.
(Hopefully we never win the wooden spoon, that'd make it tougher, heh.)
But I didn't renew my club, football & leagues membership this year, after several years' ongoing membership, (as well as lost some interest in general etc.) based on 1 primary reason: that STUPID commercial name they're using for Brookvale Oval now.

You know, as much as I hate Newcastle, you look at them, 3 consecutive spoons and fans showing up in droves.........and you have to admire it

Our embarrassing performances on the field are being matched by the embarrassing "support" of our fans.

If you can't support us when we need it then don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Maybe I will. That does not mean that I will ever stop supporting Manly but I may not renew my membership because I can understand if the team is not going well, but our club as a whole is absolutely shocking where we tend to jump from one incident to another. Until such time that the whole organisation makes some positive change, I may be better off saving my money and just buying Manly merchandise instead. I have also bought manly supports merchandise from the club so the money goes to the club even though I live in Auckland it would be cheaper to buy things from a sports shop here.

I have supported the club through the good time and bad time and even attended GF’s so I spend a fair bit for my beloved team so for you to say that I shouldn’t let the door hot me on the way out is totally absurd and unacceptable.

It does hurt when I have to cop it from all my mates, co-workers all the time about what a basket case our beloved club has become and I am just disappointed that we do not seem to find a solution to these problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost let it go this year but I actually caved and renewed yesterday. There was lots of pressure and they threatened to not give me my 10 year pin...!!! ;-p My wife told me not to renew hers so I didn't. She thinks Barrett can't coach, DCE can't play and the club has been a joke ever since they got rid of Toovey. She's a smart woman my wife....
To your point, my partner has lost complete interest in Manly since 2014. It's not just about winning, she can clearly see the change in attitude of the players and does not rate Barrett one bit.

Sad state of affairs. Sure, we stick around but the impacts are far greater than directly on devoted supporters.

Putting everything else aside, when you look at how boring this team is to watch, the state of Brookvale Oval, and the whole NRL/referee witch hunt its no wonder fair weather supporters are lost fast. We might end up about as entertaining as Fugby Union.

NYEagle

I love the team and if they never win another game I will be there supporting them.

You won't find me making any comment on Barrett, some players yes but not the coach.

What I would like to know if can someone on this forum can name 3 good things Penn has done since he took over ownership. For a man/family who is suppose to be some of the best business people in Australia it makes me wonder if this venture is anything but a huge tax dodge or similar.

Maybe I will cancel my membership. That does not mean that I will ever stop supporting Manly but I may not renew my membership because I can understand if the team is not going well, but our club as a whole is absolutely shocking where we tend to jump from one incident to another. Until such time that the whole organisation makes some positive change, I may be better off saving my money and just buying Manly merchandise instead. I have also bought manly supports merchandise from the club so the money goes to the club even though I live in Auckland it would be cheaper to buy things from a sports shop here.

I have supported the club through the good time and bad time and even attended GF’s so I spend a fair bit for my beloved team so for you to say that I shouldn’t let the door hot me on the way out is totally absurd and unacceptable.

It does hurt when I have to cop it from all my mates, co-workers all the time about what a basket case our beloved club has become and I am just disappointed that we do not seem to find a solution to these problems.

I love the team and if they never win another game I will be there supporting them.

You won't find me making any comment on Barrett, some players yes but not the coach.

What I would like to know if can someone on this forum can name 3 good things Penn has done since he took over ownership. For a man/family who is suppose to be some of the best business people in Australia it makes me wonder if this venture is anything but a huge tax dodge or similar.
I can only think of one.... ;-) ahh hang on they didn’t build it :-(

Attachments

• C1B299C2-90D9-41F7-B54E-B48673777ABF.jpeg
    C1B299C2-90D9-41F7-B54E-B48673777ABF.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 24

^

This, nailed it, exactly!!!

The great thing about this forum is it brings things in perspective with different views .
Any one with a business sense knows that there are more greater and more profitable investments than running a NRL club .
What has Penn done since taking ownership ? He has won premierships and kept our club from joining North Sydney at the museum stadium.
So you wont make any comment on a coach . Is it because the coach has no accountability on how the team performs ?
At the end of the day we are all accountable for what we do at our profession .
Even coaches .
Maybe we can erect a sign on every coaches office door
untitled.png

Every year I renew the membership even though I do not attend any home games as I live in Auckland, NZ and what do I get, some merchandise that is not worth the membership price but I continue to renew it as I support our team but I am seriously thinking stopping this so I do not waste my hard earned cash.

From what I have seen this year on the Field and off the field, I am seriously disappointed with the effort of some players, coach. We are going backwards. We have enough talent to be competitive but it looks like we have no game plan, no one wants to take ownership of the team and ownership that they stuffed up and something needs to be done. If the management, Coach and Players think the issue at the club will go away, then they are kidding themselves.

Fix it please, otherwise we will have no supporters left and this will lead to the demise of our club.
First of all I am very impressed and admire that you are a member of our great club all the way from NZ .
We are all disappointed with losing as our club is known to be a winner
Our Legendary club is also known to over come adversity and prevail and continue to be Great .
Mediocre coaches and players have come and gone and Loyal supporters that have stood the test of time are always rewarded with a premiership winning team
Our proud club is the only club to have won a premiership every decade since the 70's. Making us the most successful club in the modern era !!!
Stick around feathered friend and wait for the good times to roll and we will all be doing the Eagle Rock once again
untitled.png

The great thing about this forum is it brings things in perspective with different views .
Any one with a business sense knows that there are more greater and more profitable investments than running a NRL club .
What has Penn done since taking ownership ? He has won premierships and kept our club from joining North Sydney at the museum stadium.
So you wont make any comment on a coach . Is it because the coach has no accountability on how the team performs ?
At the end of the day we are all accountable for what we do at our profession .
Even coaches .
Maybe we can erect a sign on every coaches office door
View attachment 8524

We were told its a results driven business. Did you miss that.

I don't bag the coach because I don't know enough about his coaching ability. He has a crap roster, that I do know, and have posted this dozens of times over the last 18 months. If it is his roster he needs to be accountable. But I think we all know its Bozo's roster.

Barrett has been lumbered with an under performing marquee player who think he is just a little bit better than everyone else. A player on top dollar who doesnt like being taken to task about his performances whether it be from an international with many years experience or troubled rookie trying to make a name for himself.

We will come out of this. It may or may not be with Barrett at the helm. I know one thing for certain to change coaches now wont do a single thing other than to put someone else i the hot seat.

I wonder what people would think if Barrett was sacked and Cartwright given the job for 2-3 years.

Call me a sucker but will support the team, be a member and watch every game while they are playing in the competition.
Admit it’s disappointing in 2018 so far, but damn they have given long term Manly supporters plenty of good times over the years.
I can even understand many reasons to be despondent this season and even share opinions regarding players/ coaches ect, good and bad, provided they don’t become personal.
One thing I’m not a fan of is only supporting a team when things are good.

We were told its a results driven business. Did you miss that.

I don't bag the coach because I don't know enough about his coaching ability. He has a crap roster, that I do know, and have posted this dozens of times over the last 18 months. If it is his roster he needs to be accountable. But I think we all know its Bozo's roster.

Barrett has been lumbered with an under performing marquee player who think he is just a little bit better than everyone else. A player on top dollar who doesnt like being taken to task about his performances whether it be from an international with many years experience or troubled rookie trying to make a name for himself.

We will come out of this. It may or may not be with Barrett at the helm. I know one thing for certain to change coaches now wont do a single thing other than to put someone else i the hot seat.

I wonder what people would think if Barrett was sacked and Cartwright given the job for 2-3 years.
Thanks bob we will agree to disagree and post again happily

giphy.gif

Thanks bob we will agree to disagree and post again happily

We all have views that will differ.

I’m certainly NOT in the #sackbarrett camp in fact I don’t think much of the current issues are his.

I’ve stated elsewhere it’s underperforming players , in fact highly paid and underperforming players.

Only a few could hold their heads up from last night most can’t.

If it all clicks ( occasionally it does) we are world beaters, the trouble is it’s only clicking on average once in every 3-4 games.

In anyone’s language that’s not good enough.

I can handle a loss, in fact I think I do it better than most but what I can’t handle is players not having a go!!

Not every player can be on fire in every game , that’s a given but when 10-12 look like they couldn’t give a **** then that’s more than concerning!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8