I would love to see Kurtley Beale sign with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RiverEagle said:
manlyfan76 said:
RiverEagle said:
Yeah this idea first got legs when De$ went to a Tahs game recently.

Now that they've won (Super Rugby Final) Beale may feel rugby league is his next challenge.

They (the Dogs) can have him.

Then they can't afford Foz!

Even better then mate.

I'm not saying he's a bad player.

I just have doubts about him as a League fullback, and where else would we play him??

Doggies need him.

Joey Johns rated him very highly on the Sunday Footy show. Said he would be a fullback.

Oh OK, well Joey would be a better judge than me.

We don't need a fullback as much as them though.

(Hence all the Doggie talk I guess).

wedgetail eagle said:
I would love to see....Michelle Jenneke do her wiggle warmup for me each morning, but I don't think that will happen. :(
Speaking of which, the nerve of Sally Pearson to take the limelight away from Michelle in the final...no wiggle warm-up (on the box anyway).:p

Sorry I have to disagree. I don't think he is as good as people make him out to be.

Where would he play. Realistically he would play one of these positions fullback, centre, 5/8, halfback or hooker... and he is nowhere as good as any of our equivalent in that position.

manlyfan76 said:
wedgetail eagle said:
I would love to see....Michelle Jenneke do her wiggle warmup for me each morning, but I don't think that will happen. :(

She has her own APP. its called stretch with Michelle Jenneke.

Im stretching to it right now.:heart:

http://youtu.be/4N0ehLIpnDs

Don't pull a muscle though, or go off half-cocked...

I'm sure Michelle would want you to go the distance mate.

Geez that's and old photo of Matty, he has really let himself go since then.

I cant have an opinion on this. I have never watched a game of Rugby Union in my life.

Anyone who says Beale would not go OK at league doesn't watch much Rugby.

He's probably 1 rung on the ladder lower than Folau in attack and put on some cracking shots this year for the Tah's

Full Back is the 1 position that is similar between the two games.

Stevo said:
Anyone who says Beale would not go OK at league doesn't watch much Rugby.

He's probably 1 rung on the ladder lower than Folau in attack and put on some cracking shots this year for the Tah's

Full Back is the 1 position that is similar between the two games.

Being a Waratahs fan as well as Manly fan I agree, because I actually watch the game & have since him play since he was 18. The downfall for Beale is that he's not as good under the high ball as Folau. Beale has excellent footwork in traffic, as well as a good passing & kicking game so I would play him at 5/8 in League. People say he can't tackle but he's no worse than your Barba's, Marshall's etc.

There is a fair bit of a difference between 5/8 in union and league though.

The only high balls that a union fullback really gets are box kicks (midfield bomb) and it's usually in a pressure situation. Given that he is short he's always going to struggle with that. But what short fullback doesn't? In a normal kick return situation he'd be fine.

Dan said:
Manlyfan76 link said:
Sorry Ill try and be more boring in the future and complain about the CEO. 

no need for that. But misleading post titles just piss of the natives, and I am the one who cops all the PM's etc about them.

Jesus, I cannot believe someone would bother sending a PM on that. I thought I was sensitive around Manly things.

Kurtley's attitude has improved quite a bit this season and that has been reflected in his on field efforts. Cheika is no nonsense, so he has obviously pulled him into line, he wouldn't tolerate any of that rubbish that he and the other two amigos would get up to.

Not sure how he would go at league to be honest. He is very ad lib when he plays rugby and the constant ebb and flow of the game probably suits his attacking style a bit more than league would. It's a bit easier to find space in union and there are more broken field opportunities.

Anyway, why would he give up a significant RU salary to come and play RL for way less ??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4