In the australian today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
the best call I've ever heard about a losing team reminds me of the sharks. It was about the Cleveland browns in the NFL who have always sucked. Anyway a lifelong fan who had been a seasons ticket holder for decades put in his will that he wanted Browns players to be the pallbearers at his funeral because he "wanted to be let down by the Browns one last time".

Good sense of humour. Reminds me of the sharks right now but prob more so in ten years when they've still won nothing. @sharky

As a browns fan i agree with this post

Last year he said he'd love to be captain of Manly one day, and this year he's whoring himself around to all and sundry.... Go figure.:shake::shake:

I don't appreciate my club being embarrassed in this way.
Seriously, how much is ever enough? Do your grubby manoeuvring if you must, at least have the dignity to do it privately.

And I agree, it's time for a deadline. Sign up or ship out, no one is ever bigger than the good of the team.

I thought they went to lunch?
Maybe they did all I'm saying is he could have gone there and than discussed the offer with her behind closed doors. It was basically a job interview for him yesterday (he was interviewing them) and I don't take my girlfriend/wife to that.

I don't appreciate my club being embarrassed in this way.
Seriously, how much is ever enough? Do your grubby manoeuvring if you must, at least have the dignity to do it privately.

And I agree, it's time for a deadline. Sign up or ship out, no one is ever bigger than the good of the team.
The wry smile on the face of DCE in the photos at Cronulla Leagues indicates to me he's just going thru the motions of a visit arranged by his manage Orr. I think the decision at the end of this week will be in the favor of Manly!

The decision ain"t the problem.Its the juvenile garbage surrounding it. If I am going to pay this guy probably 15 million if he stays at the club for life I would be taking his current behaviour into account in regard to making that decision.

I get it. It is a decision that is going to affect his whole family after all.
I would certainly be consulting my wife in the same situation.
Yeah, I went for a job interview last month as the CFO of a $30 million Company and I took my wife along. Not sure yet why I didn't get the job.

So DCE does what JT did and for some reason it's now unacceptable? Both cases are identical but JT gets a free pass because why? Double standards

So DCE does what JT did and for some reason it's now unacceptable? Both cases are identical but JT gets a free pass because why? Double standards
JT didn't do it to my club and it was so long ago that I can'y even remember what happened.

^ Also, JT didn't do it anywhere near as publicly as DCE. He had the good sense to try to keep his visit to the Panthers very quiet and always looked suitably embarrassed about it whenever he was sprung.

JT did not prance around with 3 clubs 9 DAYS before the season started after coming off a year of in fighting. JT is also a far better player than DCE is at this stage of his career,deserving of a huge payday, and had played first grade at the same club, the cowboys, for a decade. Not even similar.

Rugby league is all about the fans and looking at the opinions of many of the posters I really admire in here, Cherry has gone about this completely the wrong way.
He should never have:
1. Done it so publically.
2 Had such appalling timing.
3. Shown such disrespect to the club who has put him where he is.
He is in for a very long year I'm afraid. And deservedly so. Only way to save the situation is if he signs AND explains his reasoning.

If, and that's a very big IF, he signs on again, in two years, or three years ( and probably starting 18 months out like this time) we will go through this all crap again.

No thanks , had enough , he hasn't just sullied his reputation he's ruined it ( well for me anyway ).

I have no drama in players seeing what they are worth and even moving on, it's the nature of the beast.

BUT to do it so publicly and in such a provocative way has been the crux of the issue and to me the final nail in the coffin.

In my opinion he's had some very bad advice, oh sure listen to your manager BUT you stop him and say " look I have more respect for my existing club and fans than to do this", just shows how immature Daly is.

If he reads this then good , hope he learns from these comments and becomes a better person at his next club.

The decision ain"t the problem.Its the juvenile garbage surrounding it. If I am going to pay this guy probably 15 million if he stays at the club for life I would be taking his current behaviour into account in regard to making that decision.

Exactly, this is the crux of our discontent , not that he's seeing what others are offering but it's the very public and provocative way he's doing it !!

Seems DCE should have just sat quiet and done nothing like Foran.

Both have offers, neither have taken them up.

1 is at least moving forward whilst the other does nothing but dick the club around by being neither here nor there.

At least DCE looks like he will make a descision and put an end to the wait unlike his counterpart

This whole process has always gone on ,it just wasn't in our faces before.
Australian sports media now resembles a cross between London tabloid trash & the Hollywood paparazzi.
Back in the day ,you also didn't sign into a Manly website every couple of hours to check up on your current dosage of drama.There might have been a paragraph to two written about your team in the back of the daily newspaper (if u were lucky).And thats about all you would see & hear about until tomorrows paper.
The way these guys are put up on pedestals & idolized is getting ludicrous.Heroes really
should be people who actually do good for humanity (Dr's etc ),not some meathead that knows how to catch a ball & run with it.
Don't buy into ,Its pure media market beat up ,chill out guys .
No matter what happens ,Manly will still have a team running out there for us.Well most of us anyway ,I'm starting to fear a Manly supporter mass suicide ,sometime before a ball has even been kicked off.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4