In the australian today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have signed a heap of players I don't remember for instance Ian Roberts, Martin Bella, Cliff Lyons can name more but pointless none of them that I know of needed 2 know any off that
Ah yes, children of the last millennium, hard to compare millenniums, really.

In fact the only vaguely comparable situation is Merrin's.
And that has been far worse for his club than the DCE/Foran negotiations have been for Manly.

For me Dan's earlier point re the media interest in DCE is key.

Does anyone honestly think that there was the same level of interest in Glenn Stewart? The story was in the manly "implosion" not the player. Even Foz, a softly spoken kiwi, does not compre (in terms of media interest) to DCE

You could argue that there are some steps they DCE and his manager cold have taken however the media interest, however, especially in the 24 hour news cycle of today, I am not sure there is much more they could have done
Better player than DCE have been of contract and have handled it better. We have had all off season and he and his manager decide 2 check out other clubs now. His manager let the cat out of the bag last week when he said we dude d (or went back on a deal) with DCE and he is doing this (Orr) as a big middle finger 2 the club.

Better player than DCE have been of contract and have handled it better. We have had all off season and he and his manager decide 2 check out other clubs now. His manager let the cat out of the bag last week when he said we dude d (or went back on a deal) with DCE and he is doing this (Orr) as a big middle finger 2 the club.

At the moment who is the better player off contract? The media landscape has fundamentally changed even since the previous year. As much as I dislike it this is the way of the NRL world

He has to check out the clubs as he is now making a decision...not that hard to understand really

I'm more perplexed about the timing of these negotiations...It could have been so more discrete had this been played out in December or January. I just can't see how this media circus can have anything but a negative effect on this years campaign.

At the moment who is the better player off contract? The media landscape has fundamentally changed even since the previous year. As much as I dislike it this is the way of the NRL world

He has to check out the clubs as he is now making a decision...not that hard to understand really
I wasn't talking about right now but for instance Cooper Cronk and Cameron Smith in recent times and also Thurston. I also understand it but I don't have 2 like it or agree with it.

I wasn't talking about right now but for instance Cooper Cronk and Cameron Smith in recent times and also Thurston. I also understand it but I don't have 2 like it or agree with it.

That is my point

If they were coming of contract now I would assume there would be a similar reaction

There were similar circuses for Cronk and smith you just read about them less as it wasn't manly

Lol all this hate is so emotionally based and really completely unfair.

Be in his manly gear? Really how disrespectful would that be?
I can understand him going to the interview in his personal sponsors gear.

Seriously this is getting ridiculous and not from DCE, he is doing due diligence on his future and following up on every option no one can blame him for that and if he chooses Manly after all of that well that speaks loads to me about Manly and him.

Cut the kid some slack
Dan as the owner of this site you are "not" entitled to an opinion----moderators please delete Dan's posts in relation to this topic due to potentially being a conflict of interest.

Players and "Due Diligence" lol---hmm I very much doubt a "comprehensive appraisal of a business" is possible 9 days before the season starts unless DCE intends to drag this out for another 6 months and this is day one of the negotiations.

I'm expecting DCE to report back to Manly with a list of the Sharks assets and liabilities so we can sit together with his manager and evaluate if commercially we can compete in this regard.

Let's look at the facts:

1. DCE is not flaunting in front of the media simple because a photo of him in a car is taken or reports of him visiting other clubs are written. It's not a selfie in front of Shark HQ waving a cheque. Perhaps he is just clarifying his position by entertaining all options.
2. That Australian article. Well the Australian has hated Manly since they didn't lift their asses in the air and demand to be pounded by Murdoch's Super League apparatchik all those years ago. This is the same paper that said Menzies' career was crucified at Manly because he wasn't allowed to play SL.
3. Orr is a **** money hungry manager.

Let's relax and let it happen as it should.

Rehab facilities, training facilities, administration, you don't get a feel for an environment from a video. Walking into a sea eagles session would be massively different from walking into a sharks one, all that matters when there are several million dollars at stake.

The poor guy is getting lunched because he is trying to make a decision for his future
the same poor guy that's about to sign a multi million dollar deal?

I totally agree with the sentiment that he is simply exploring all options, but i'll be damned if I am going to pity the guy, simply because a selection of die hard fans are ticked off that he toured another clubs facilities. I love that our supporters are so passionate about our club. DCE is a big boy and he can handle a bit of stick.

Last edited:
But who are you hurting with your ire besides working yourselves up.

The key is (was) ...how done up was his partner?

(which I have no probs with her doing with dce to the clubs)

If she was dressed to the nines.....arranged by dce.

If she was dressed normally....media tipped off by someone else!

Annnd just gunna test some emoji's and stuff.....

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::flogger::axegrind::soapbox::soapbox::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::flogger::flogger::flogger::flogger::axegrind::axegrind::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Ok, they are working well. For future ref.

Orr mentioned that DCE was to be meeting with another club (someone on here mentioned the Bulldogs) yesterday or today. It's interesting that no details about this has been publicised. Could it be that that club does not want to be in the limelight and embroiled in this DCE media circus? Maybe it was Cronulla (or Orr with Cronulla's blessing) who pushed this to the media.

Orr mentioned that DCE was to be meeting with another club (someone on here mentioned the Bulldogs) yesterday or today. It's interesting that no details about this has been publicised. Could it be that that club does not want to be in the limelight and embroiled in this DCE media circus? Maybe it was Cronulla (or Orr with Cronulla's blessing) who pushed this to the media.
Maybe DCE told his manager 2 pull his head in and stop the media circuses because it is making him look like a clown.

Lol all this hate is so emotionally based and really completely unfair.

Be in his manly gear? Really how disrespectful would that be?
I can understand him going to the interview in his personal sponsors gear.

Seriously this is getting ridiculous and not from DCE, he is doing due diligence on his future and following up on every option no one can blame him for that and if he chooses Manly after all of that well that speaks loads to me about Manly and him.

Cut the kid some slack
Lol @Dan you may think some of us are being harsh but I think you're being overly generous. I'm 26. The same age as DCE. I would pay a bit more attention to my timing so I don't get my current employers nose or work colleagues noses out of joint. Maybe I have more common sense but I've always been taught don't burn bridges.

Compare it to the real world. Would you be discreet or parade around. And touring facilities? the titans have none. They can't pay for the centre of excellence. And if you don't approve of your weasel manager you get a different one. It speaks to his character and I think that's why people are upset. Ultimately some people feel like they have misjudged him and he doesn't give two hoots or even pretend to give two hoots about the people currently paying him. Who also gave him a shot when no one else would.

I'm not saying take unders or that he has to show loyalty. He can be a mercenary if he wants but at least show respect.

People can squabble over whether or when or how should he look at facilities,whether he should inform the media and whatever else ad nauseum .Different players do it different ways.I probably wouldn't have liked it but would have copped it if this happened WEEKS AGO

BUT the telling point is this: only a GOOSE would wait till 2 DAYS before the season launch and 9 DAYS before the season starts to do his little circus tour. This bloke has been chased for years by these clubs,they too would want to sort their rosters early like Manly and he himself has said he doesn't want the disruptions of last year - and this is his solution!

If anyone can give me a valid reason other than ego and lack of respect for the TIMING of this I would love to hear it.

He and Toovey don't get on now ffs.Would like to be a fly on the wall at training.All good for a big year.Shoo fly!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8