Is Luke brooks the piece we’ve been missing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Interesting.
Not an attack on you, as you've just passed on some reading but we need a stat for 'complete dud' and Shoe would be streaks ahead of Brooks.

I saw Brooks put his body on the line and try his best to lift a complete basket case of a team off the canvas.

I saw Shoe wander around disinterested and unfit for most of the year.

If we can put that into a stat sheet, we might get a correct reading on why Brooks will be 6 next year and Schu will fight for a starting spot in the forwards.

Schu was probably the most scrutinised player in the NRL last year. Didn't matter what he did or didn't do, he got hammered for it. But weirdly enough, as patchy as his season was, I thought it proved he was a half and not a forward - and before that I was always convinced he belonged in the second row. I have no idea where he'll fit into the team from here on in.
I laughed when i read this. I have a similar quandary but I've done the full cycle. Not everybody handles the pressure of being chief playmaker. I thought he had a great season in 2021 but i always thought he was a five eight playing the backrow. This season I felt like he had outgrown the halves and would make a good ball playing lock or backrower. But to do that he has to get fit again (and it looks like he is fit) and roll his sleeves up and get back to his 2021 work ethic in defence. Similarly I'm not sure where he will fit in in 2024. Interesting times ahead.

Fox Sports prediction
Bold prediction: Luke Brooks to break finals drought
Analysis: After 205 games over 11 seasons at the Tigers, Luke Brooks never tasted final football, but that is about to end in his first season at Manly. The Sea Eagles may have missed the finals in 2023, but they were without star player Tom Trbojevic for most of the season. Brooks has been brought to the club to play five-eighth and help take the pressure off skipper Daly Cherry-Evans in attack. With DCE steering the ship, Brooks can focus on his running game and owning his side of the field, which should help Manly improve in attack. Manly have recruited well and look set to be one of the big movers on the ladder and that should help Brooks break his finals duck at the age of 29.

I believe the Shu Best and happiest place is at 5/8
But before he can be at his best he must give it his best in discipline with the assistance of his best mentor that can get the best out of him
I’m confused… Bradman’s returning to the sea eagles?

Its been said before but Brooks now has strike all around him. At the tigers, there was sweet FA for a long time.
Imagine if and when we are firing and he has the likes of Turbo, Koula, Saab, Hamole and Garrick firing. It's a hell of a better work environment than from where he came.
Yeah, but we keep recruiting duds from his old club so he'll end with the same people next to him anyway.

The pressure is really on Luke Brooks to perform, even more than being placed on The Shoe and Turbo. Every story I read suggests because he'll be surrounded by 'much more talented players' he'll finally be "free to play expansive footy". Most people expect him to make a big difference to our results. If he isn't an instant star then we'll be disappointed. I presume if that happens he'll be then given a chance to play half with DCE at 5/8.

The pressure is really on Luke Brooks to perform, even more than being placed on The Shoe and Turbo. Every story I read suggests because he'll be surrounded by 'much more talented players' he'll finally be "free to play expansive footy". Most people expect him to make a big difference to our results. If he isn't an instant star then we'll be disappointed. I presume if that happens he'll be then given a chance to play half with DCE at 5/8.
I don’t think so. Brooks has failed time and again and copped crap his whole career so it’s not an exciting story for the media. It’ll be Turbo and DCE that’ll take the fall if we falter…i.e is Turbo the player he once was and should DCE think about retirement, etc.

Schu is already on the radar of media circles and they love reminding us of his potential and his 800k contract. He’ll wanna perform or it won’t just be the media asking questions, the club will be too.

I don’t think so. Brooks has failed time and again and copped crap his whole career so it’s not an exciting story for the media. It’ll be Turbo and DCE that’ll take the fall if we falter…i.e is Turbo the player he once was and should DCE think about retirement, etc.

Schu is already on the radar of media circles and they love reminding us of his potential and his 800k contract. He’ll wanna perform or it won’t just be the media asking questions, the club will be too.
It's quite a gamble from Brooks, his career is hanging on Turbos hammies.

He’s the newest messiah!

It's quite a gamble from Brooks, his career is hanging on Turbos hammies.
I kinda feel the opposite for him…I think the pressure is off now. He was a million dollar player at a struggling club, who haven’t made the play offs in 10 years. There was a lot of pressure on him to deliver as the club’s highest paid player and half back.

He comes to Manly as a 6, and on almost half what he used to earn. We’ve got some serious footballers around him. If he plays poorly, it won’t look good but what’s he got to lose?! He was already heavily maligned. The focus will be on other key players if we start to crumble.

Yeah, but we keep recruiting duds from his old club so he'll end with the same people next to him anyway.
I think the Tigers players we have signed will lift enormously with us. Their club is an absolute basket case. You could probably swap their entire squad into the Melbourne system and they'd start making the top 4.

brooks contract dollars ensures the pressure is off a fair bit. Something in the 600’s is a pretty decent sign on For manly He has a few limitations but that kind of coin is a bit forgiving

its wether or not he and dce can provide the platform and guide the team around the park. That balance provides a fair bit of flair but still missing game management so the demand on Tom will still be large, with us looking to outscore rather than outplay from kick off

if he has a go and plays his natural game , thats all we can ask apparently. So we shouldnt expect him to change his game, try to add more to his game or for him to mature into a game manager. We still need a player that can guide us from a 20 point lead into a win. Not sure if brooks is that player but those players get paid the big bucks

reynolds and brooks or cleary and brooks as an example would be a great pairing. While i am pretty happy with his signing from a future point of view i still see the halves combo relying on tom and see-us firng blanks when he isnt there

behind tom and dce in pecking order we desperately need someone to lead from the front and not let the same old same old processes to determine our future

dce playing like the second half of the last season once tom was gone, would be super beneficial but he has only had a part of a season playing like that over many years so im not super hopeful but maybe he is maturing very late

that would change a lot, but early last season he was still in the give it to tom mode and back him up for highlight reel stuff

when dce came into grade all eyes were on others and he would strike. He needs to be that foil now and then brooks will shine for sure, as will tom but our big improvement needs to come from within, not from brooks

I kinda feel the opposite for him…I think the pressure is off now.
The Pressure Perspective ...
We missed the top 8 and finals footy last season and this puts every one in our club under pressure and on notice
Missing the top 8 and finals two years in a row and heads will role

The pressure is on Big time to Perform to Expectations and another year of Excuses wont cut it

* Pressure at Manly is a Privilidge to those that earn it *
1702077015913.png

The Pressure Perspective ...
We missed the top 8 and finals footy last season and this puts every one in our club under pressure and on notice
Missing the top 8 and finals two years in a row and heads will role

The pressure is on Big time to Perform to Expectations and another year of Excuses wont cut it

* Pressure at Manly is a Privilidge to those that earn it *
View attachment 25632
Brooks wasn't part of Manly's failed campaign last year. A four year deal at 660k...I don't think he is too worried about the pressure. I reckon he'd be feeling pretty good about himself.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10