Is Luke brooks the piece we’ve been missing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If he plays and positioned as a 5/8 no he isn't the answer, if positioned more centrally as a sharp middle linkman to Schuster and DCE on each edge without the pressures of creating assists and to keep the central defenders honest it could be a great option "if we have the coach to make it work "effectively"

Oh and to the poster who thought it was a contradiction to say "having a more effective attack" suggesting it is either "Effective or ineffective", an attack can "appear effective" and give off a false sense of overall quality against lower quality teams and look the total contrast against half decent defensive outfits under pressure due to poor technique, structures and lacking crisp sharpness in execution that will induce poor defensive reads.

Also can one admire another clubs coaching,recruiting strategies and structures and not be labelled a "supporter" of said club. This site is resembling a woke soft culture just like the club itself, the club and the supporter base need to harden up and embrace all point of views and let the tug of war of ideas to eventually converge for the eventual betterment of the club.

i'm sure during the pre season tom will teach koula how to roam effectively just like tom does when he plays centre in origin. I think Garrick will be playing right centre and koula left centre to get koula in the game more. This is because when we go right we usually go short ball to olakau'ata or cut out to saab and last year we had no threat on left side with parker and tuipilotu who are both slow and limit creativity especially when schuster was there half on that side. koula at left centre with brookes providing great shape for him with schuster back row and tom roaming around the back seems like a very attacking left side to back up our already threatening right side
reubon garrick centre.jpg

glad to see they listened to me with garrick playing right centre with saab on his wing and koula playing left centre.

I kinda feel the opposite for him…I think the pressure is off now. He was a million dollar player at a struggling club, who haven’t made the play offs in 10 years. There was a lot of pressure on him to deliver as the club’s highest paid player and half back.

He comes to Manly as a 6, and on almost half what he used to earn. We’ve got some serious footballers around him. If he plays poorly, it won’t look good but what’s he got to lose?! He was already heavily maligned. The focus will be on other key players if we start to crumble.
Totally agree here. I know Luke reasonably well and got to say first time (ever??) I have seen him smile and actually laugh. Really enjoying his time so far at the Eagles nest. He is not the one with the bight lights on him any more and surrounded by much bigger and more established superstars and certainly a far better quality team around him. No major pressure on him for 1st time in years. He will be the buy of the season in my humble opinion.

Agree. Confidence is key and those around him will give him plenty of confidence and belief. We will have serious strike right on both sides of the ruck. Provided we tighten up our defence and scramble hard we will be very competitive.

Manly need players like Alan Thompson and Ian Martin and Graham Eadie and Terry Randall and Bob Fulton and Mal Reilly and Bill Hamilton and Gary Thoroughgood and Ray Branighan and Ken Irvine and Tom Mooney and Russell Gartner and Max Krilich and Steve Norton and Phil Lowe and
Steve Martin and Stephen Knight and Johnny Gibbs
Manly need players like Steve Matai and Anthony Watmough and Les Boyd and John Dorahy and Des Hasler and Steve Menzies.
Manly's Mid-90's team minus the player that slipped and let Darren Albert score in the 1997 GF.
I think Luke Brooks will be a 'Fish out of Water' at Manly.
I hope he proves me wrong though.

Manly need players like Alan Thompson and Ian Martin and Graham Eadie and Terry Randall and Bob Fulton and Mal Reilly and Bill Hamilton and Gary Thoroughgood and Ray Branighan and Ken Irvine and Tom Mooney and Russell Gartner and Max Krilich and Steve Norton and Phil Lowe and
Steve Martin and Stephen Knight and Johnny Gibbs
Manly need players like Steve Matai and Anthony Watmough and Les Boyd and John Dorahy and Des Hasler and Steve Menzies.
Manly's Mid-90's team minus the player that slipped and let Darren Albert score in the 1997 GF.
I think Luke Brooks will be a 'Fish out of Water' at Manly.
I hope he proves me wrong though.
Go Manly!!!!!!!!!!
We are due for a Premiership win.
2011 is quite a while a go.

Brooks wasn't part of Manly's failed campaign last year. A four year deal at 660k...I don't think he is too worried about the pressure. I reckon he'd be feeling pretty good about himself.

You are right feathered friend.. Brooks was not part of Manly failed finals campaign last year
Brooks was part of the past 10 years finals failed campaigns at the Tigers
Brooks was not signed on a 660K a year contract to surf on Manly Beach
Brooks was signed on 660K a year contract and Is Expected to Perform and Deliver at Manly
Performance Expectations and Delivery are Pressure related

It could also potentially be an achilles heel in defence.

Fingers cross there is work going on there.
WHAT.... With Brooks and Shoe's high D work rate defending together, I can't think of a better defense pairing in the comp........ Oh hang on..... yeah perhaps we could be in a little bit of trouble down that side.....

This has been troubling me for some time now. I'd just like it cleared up.

Is Brooksy playing at Brookie?

Or is Brooksie playing at Brooky?

I think Brooksie is playing at Brookie.

Fortress Brookie. The Battle of Brookie. Cliffy is a Brookie legend.

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned but I think Brooks greatest quality is his support play.

If someone makes a break I’m salivating at the thought that Brooks, Tom, DCE will be there supporting them. Throw in the speed of Koula, Saab, and Garrick and we are going to be scoring a lot of long range tries.

As to him being the “ missing piece “ I’m not so sure , but there is no doubt he will make a big impact on what halves deliver.

Must be so nice for him personally to not have the pressure on him as being the main ( only ) major player.

As I’ve said elsewhere our backs are just fine , little to no issues with back up across the park.

However it’s our forwards who have to step up here , as there were far too many times last year where they were dominated by the opposition. We’d go ok the first 10 minutes , then the rot set in.

We just have to improve there if we are going to do better than 12th , if we don’t it’s 10th to 12th yet again.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10