Is there a coach as bad as Ricky

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Stevo said:
There isn't a coach in the land that could do a better job with the roster they have at the Raiders.

The current Parramatta side is the team that Ricky built. Sure, Arthur should take the credit for getting them going but Stuart still put it together.

I totally disagree.
1. There isn't a coach in the land who could do worse than Stuart has with the Faders.
2. He didn't build anything at Doesn'tmatta, and left them in the lurch with two years to run on his contract. Arthur has shown how to build team spirit. Stuart destroys it.
3. He keeps blaming the players for being second-rate. When will he admit that he is the problem?

He hasn't improved on their 2013 team ( I'd say most of their players have regressed) and you can't tell me how they are going to be better in 2015.

The Who said:
Stevo said:
There isn't a coach in the land that could do a better job with the roster they have at the Raiders.

The current Parramatta side is the team that Ricky built. Sure, Arthur should take the credit for getting them going but Stuart still put it together.

I totally disagree.
1. There isn't a coach in the land who could do worse than Stuart has with the Faders.
2. He didn't build anything at Doesn'tmatta, and left them in the lurch with two years to run on his contract. Arthur has shown how to build team spirit. Stuart destroys it.
3. He keeps blaming the players for being second-rate. When will he admit that he is the problem?

How didn't he build anything at Parra? How many players did Arthur recruit?

Did you even watch the Raiders game yesterday? They were all second rate. They will get cleaned out and they will be ok again.

Who do all of you people give the credit to for getting the Sharks to joint minor premiers in 2008? Wouldn't be Stuart would it?

Stevo said:
The Who said:
Stevo said:

I totally disagree.

Did you even watch the Raiders game yesterday? They were all second rate. They will get cleaned out and they will be ok again.

Who do all of you people give the credit to for getting the Sharks to joint minor premiers in 2008? Wouldn't be Stuart would it?
Some valid points there.

Last season Furner took the Raiders to 13th position. That season was massively disrupted for them with the sacking of Dugan and Ferguson and the drug issue for Earl. This season they had a settled roster (albeit weak in the backs), a rising Anthony Milford and a fit Terry Campese. They have one of the biggest and most experienced forward packs with Shillington, Brett White, Fensom, Papalli and TLL, as well as the best up coming forward in Paul Vaughan.

Reasonably, all the Raiders fans I know expected that if Stuart was a better coach than Furner, he should do considerably better in 2014 and they may be on the fringe of the Top 8. Instead they look likely to get the spoon.

I would be interested to know why you think they are underperforming on last season if it's not Stuart.

Stevo said:
The Who said:
Stevo said:

I totally disagree.

No he built nothing at Parra apart from dissention.

Furner did better with a similar roster last year, than the the supposed super coach.

No Wouldn't give credit to Ricky in any way- you claim wicky built the parra side of this year- what did he do to the sharks then?

He's a myth as a coach- never done a thing bar gain some false credibility off Graham Murra
y's hard work and Gus Gould's input.

/

mozgrame said:
Slightly off topic, but similar to the last few posts. Watch Bennett take all the glory for the last 2 years of Hook's hard work at the Bronco's next year.

Hook's so called 'hard work' has seen the club which has all the advantage miss the finals last year - and will miss them again this year. The Donkeys have an excellent roster, a set playing schedule, and excellent home support. They should be in the top four every season.
Mind you, their recruitment of Kennedy and Barba has been disastrous.

joeboy said:
Looks pretty close to tears In the presser after today's game.

Almost felt a bit for him, then remembered all the times he has been an arrogant merkin.
Before you expend any sympathy on Stuart .. do you have any idea how much he is getting paid to oversee this train wreck of a season?

Ralphie said:
Stevo said:
The Who said:
Stevo said:

I totally disagree.

Some valid points there.

Last season Furner took the Raiders to 13th position. That season was massively disrupted for them with the sacking of Dugan and Ferguson and the drug issue for Earl. This season they had a settled roster (albeit weak in the backs), a rising Anthony Milford and a fit Terry Campese. They have one of the biggest and most experienced forward packs with Shillington, Brett White, Fensom, Papalli and TLL, as well as the best up coming forward in Paul Vaughan.

Reasonably, all the Raiders fans I know expected that if Stuart was a better coach than Furner, he should do considerably better in 2014 and they may be on the fringe of the Top 8. Instead they look likely to get the spoon.

I would be interested to know why you think they are underperforming on last season if it's not Stuart.

Why are they under performing when compared to last year?

The senior playing group have an attitude problem. They didn't like Furner so they had him sacked. From what I've heard it's no different with Stuart. Brett White is retiring and so should Shillington and Campese. The 3 of them are ****house. They also don't have Josh Dugan or Blake Ferguson there this year. If Manly lost Snake and Lyon at the end of this season we'd struggle to make the 8 next year.

Stevo said:
Ralphie said:
Stevo said:
The Who said:
Stevo said:

I totally disagree.

Some valid points there.

Why are they under performing when compared to last year?

The senior playing group have an attitude problem. They didn't like Furner so they had him sacked. From what I've heard it's no different with Stuart. Brett White is retiring and so should Shillington and Campese. The 3 of them are ****house. They also don't have Josh Dugan or Blake Ferguson there this year. If Manly lost Snake and Lyon at the end of this season we'd struggle to make the 8 next year.

Fair enough, but they lost Dugan & Ferguson fairly early on and before they left they were causing a hell of a problem within the playing group. I agree with you about the three retirees, but they are the same players as they were last year. The point is, this season was less disrupted with a more stable roster and a supposedly better coach and yet they are going backwards, not improving. A good coach would have gotten the best from his players and would have had them at least having a dig. The current squad just aren't trying and that says an awful lot about the Coach.

The Who said:
mozgrame said:
Slightly off topic, but similar to the last few posts. Watch Bennett take all the glory for the last 2 years of Hook's hard work at the Bronco's next year.

Hook's so called 'hard work' has seen the club which has all the advantage miss the finals last year - and will miss them again this year. The Donkeys have an excellent roster, a set playing schedule, and excellent home support. They should be in the top four every season.
Mind you, their recruitment of Kennedy and Barba has been disastrous.

Could not agree more mate. Hook has been great the last couple of years.

They lost Dugan early on. Ferguson wasn't sacked until september.

They also lost Edrick Lee for the season early on this year who scored half their tries last year and Josh Papali has been out injured twice this season.

I spoke to a current senior player of the Raiders today at his cafe ( that I have never seen him work at ) & asked him if Ricky blew up deluxe after that performance.

He replied not really, but they attended a special meeting this morning about 9am where they were told they are all in together, we have to fight through all this etc, etc.

Then they were told there will be no training until they arrive in Darwin on Wednesday to play Parra on Saturday !!!

Not a bad job if you can get it ....

In 2002 Stuart benefited from the work done by Graham Murray and Phil Gould over the previous two years. They had brought together a very talented squad at the Rorters with the likes of Brad Fittler, Anthony Minichiello, Craig Wing, Luke Ricketson, Craig Fitzgibbon, Adrian Morley, Luke Phillips and Shannon Hegarty. Then Brett Mullins came on board in 2002 and a young Justin Hodges joined from Brisbane. Even Brian Smith could have won a premiership with that mob.

Stuart's coaching career has been living off 2002 for 12 years. Other than wooden spoons, the only thing he has won since is the 2005 Origin series (thanks mostly to an SOS to Joey) and the 2006 Tri-Nations, and IIRC we almost lost the Tri-Nations final to the Kiwis at the SFS.

So what is the explanation behind his form with the sharks in 2008? Joint minor premiers with us and the storm

What's the explanation, other than Gallen missing about 10 games through injury or Origin, for them winning only 5 games in 2009 after winning 17 in 2008? They won their first game in `09, lost their next 9, won their next 4, then lost their last 10 (then they only won 5 of their first 19 in 2010 before Stuart quit).

Even with injuries, and the BS suspension to Snake at the start of the season, we still managed to get into the top 8 in 2009.

You people are all sheep. You've been listening to each other bag him for years and you've all fallen in order.

Not 1 of you can explain why he did so well with the Sharks in 2008.

A typical Sharks team in 2008.

Kearney
Goodwin
Pomeroy
Simmons
Covell
Seymour
Kimmorley
Selmes
Kingston
Douglas
Stephenson
Bird
Gallen (C)
Peek
Norrie
De Gois
Anderson

This team had no where near the firepower we had in 2008 yet managed to equal us on the table.

Stevo said:
You people are all sheep. You've been listening to each other bag him for years and you've all fallen in order.

Not 1 of you can explain why he did so well with the Sharks in 2008.

A typical Sharks team in 2008.

Kearney
Goodwin
Pomeroy
Simmons
Covell
Seymour
Kimmorley
Selmes
Kingston
Douglas
Stephenson
Bird
Gallen (C)
Peek
Norrie
De Gois
Anderson

This team had no where near the firepower we had in 2008 yet managed to equal us on the table.

Stevo can you explain what he has done since 2008 ?

Yep no worries

He coached the Sharks for another 2 years not reaching the finals but that is to be expected with zero money on no major sponsor for a lot of that time. Plus several off field dramas.

Then he Coached the Blues for 2 years. losing both series 2-1 although NSW lost game 3 in 2012 due to a dodgy refereeing decision.

Then he took over a club with probably the worst roster they've ever had. Then he cut half the club, signed some new ones and now they sit just out of the 8.

Now he's in charge of a club that has an even worse roster than the one the year before but the difference is this new club has a club captain that they consider a legend that would play reserve grade at most other NRL clubs, a superstar fullback that can't wait to leave the joint for a big pay day, 3-4 old forwards on their swan song and 2 stars in Injured. Edrick Lee who scored half their tries last year is out for the season and josh papali has been injured twice and out for Origin as well.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6