Is Tom's best position fullback?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I may be wrong but I get the impression Tom T's mind is not fully on the game. He's a much better full back than he has shown this year. Interesting thing is in the SOO games he was a star, as was his brother. Is there something the Trbojevics are not happy about because they both seem down on form. Mind you they are still special in most things they do but I get a feeling of a 2nd gear approach. Easy to forget TT's form last year etc. The kid is easily in the top 3 full backs today, even despite a loss of form. Tedesco, Ponga and Trbojevic are head and shoulders above the rest, even despite Slaters occasional standout games (that's not to deny Slater was the outstanding fullback a few years ago, but he isn't today)

It’s only battlers on here who think he is an average fullback. Most League pundits/experts acknowledge he’s a very good fullback.

Battlers? He sucks at fullback and I probably have more RL experience and knowledge than "Most League pundits/experts".

You posted "a very good player" now you change it to "a very good fullback". Give it a rest buddy, before you really embarrass yourself.

It’s only battlers on here who think he is an average fullback. Most League pundits/experts acknowledge he’s a very good fullback.

like all the pundits/experts that tipped St George and Cronulla to win this round .... so Volley how do you rate Tom's defense?

Battlers? He sucks at fullback and I probably have more RL experience and knowledge than "Most League pundits/experts".
That is very funny. So more expert knowledge then the Johns brothers? The professional commentators and or people involved in the game. Sorry but you do not have more knowledge then these people. I'll wait for Tom to develop more and get a good side around him before I judge him.

That is very funny. So more expert knowledge then the Johns brothers? The professional commentators and or people involved in the game. Sorry but you do not have more knowledge then these people. I'll wait for Tom to develop more and get a good side around him before I judge him.
You can't read? I said MOST, there are hundreds of them.

Get to your room.

I may be wrong but I get the impression Tom T's mind is not fully on the game. He's a much better full back than he has shown this year. Interesting thing is in the SOO games he was a star, as was his brother. Is there something the Trbojevics are not happy about because they both seem down on form. Mind you they are still special in most things they do but I get a feeling of a 2nd gear approach. Easy to forget TT's form last year etc. The kid is easily in the top 3 full backs today, even despite a loss of form. Tedesco, Ponga and Trbojevic are head and shoulders above the rest, even despite Slaters occasional standout games (that's not to deny Slater was the outstanding fullback a few years ago, but he isn't today)
I believe Tom could be an outstanding FB and he has played some outstanding games in the position. There has been enough written about his perceived deficiencies and areas that need work, which most people on both sides of the argument tend to agree on. I mentioned it briefly in the game day thread, but I feel Tom's biggest weakness (?) or challenge in that position is mental. He appears to be a confidence player, and plays best when those around him are going well and can carry the responsibility(?) of leading the team psychologically. I think this is also why we saw the performances in SOO. He had strong mental characters throughout that team so he felt safe to relax and just play.

He will continue to be hot and cold in that position until he finds the psychological belief and strength in himself and is not swayed by what's happening around him. Great fullbacks like Eadie, Snake, and even Ridge had this quality. He is still young and I believe he can develop this area. If he does, I think we will see the development in those technical aspects of his game that many have been criticising.

You, not US.

I played for 11 years and made our Fleg squad and co-coached juniors for 4.

You are the one with NO playing experience or knowledge. Give it a rest.
Do you ever do anything put talk yourself up? Maybe if you talked about yourself less you would make more sense. And it is us because it's a fan base mate and fans usually haven't played first grade footy or have any personal insight into what players or a club has going on.

Tipping a game is completely different from judging the ability of a player. Poor attempt.

His defence isn’t his strength,

but it’s not as bad as some wish to make out.

His defence isn’t his strength,

REALLY?

"but it’s not as bad as some wish to make out"

It's probably closer to worse than, as opposed to better than.

His positioning is the biggest problem.

Do you ever do anything put talk yourself up? Maybe if you talked about yourself less you would make more sense. And it is us because it's a fan base mate and fans usually haven't played first grade footy or have any personal insight into what players or a club has going on.

That's lame dude, I was merely teaching you something else you fail to understand, in response to your criticism.

Give it a rest, you're losing badly.

That's lame dude, I was merely teaching you something else you fail to understand, in response to your criticism.

Give it a rest, you're losing badly.
Losing what exactly? Hair like you? Mate I can't lose when I am expressing an opinion. And with stats and pros to back me up if there was a contest a couple of angry emotional comments would be the best response presented by the haters.

Losing what exactly? Hair like you? Mate I can't lose when I am expressing an opinion. And with stats and pros to back me up if there was a contest a couple of angry emotional comments would be the best response presented by the haters.

You're right about everything you post, I'm sorry.

I know nothing.about RL.and your opinions stated as fact are far more accurate.

I will never doubt/debate/refute you or your posts/opinions ever again.

Now please respectfully do the same.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10