Is Tom's best position fullback?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
So..... not a fullback.

When was the last time he beat the first defender on a kick return? It pisses me right of how soft he runs it back. Holmes got him by the shorts yesterday and he just went down.

Poor defensively on the try line. Gets caught at marker on the try line. dead set ran into one of the goal posts trying to get from marker to defend a try. Was a metre in front of the sweeping ball and therefore offered no defence in the Moylan try in the second half. Just a really poor defensive read.

The positive yesterday was that Daly switched it up on the inside and didn't use the Turbo running his centre into the tryline play too often. Tommy scored a great leaping try yesterday. Would be good to use it more often.

Love Turbo but let’s be honest he rarely provides a last line of defence and often doesn’t lay a hand on the try scorer. He has made plenty of errors this year that have cost us. He is a super talent but has a lot to learn about playing fullback IMO. This is a rather academic discussion as I can’t see any other players better at a Fullback in the squad at the moment.

[QUOTE="Tragic-Eagles, post: 1061242, member: 25562" would be wasted on the wing.

His best play last week came from him being in the left centre/wing field position from the play the ball.

Centre or wing for me, we are wasting far too many points every game with him playing FB.[/QUOTE]
Mate if he isn't fullback we would have had an average 2017 and an even worse 2018. It's easy hit a player when he is down on a bit of confidence he will rise up. You'd be a poor coach.

Mate if he isn't fullback we would have had an average 2017 and an even worse 2018. It's easy hit a player when he is down on a bit of confidence he will rise up. You'd be a poor coach.

That took a long time, thought you must be on late detention or grounded. I won't respond as I said I won't. Please leave my posts alone, you're a broken record.

Last edited:
Love Turbo but let’s be honest he rarely provides a last line of defence and often doesn’t lay a hand on the try scorer. He has made plenty of errors this year that have cost us. He is a super talent but has a lot to learn about playing fullback IMO. This is a rather academic discussion as I can’t see any other players better at a Fullback in the squad at the moment.
Spot on!

That took a long time, thought you must be on late detention or grounded. I won't respond as I said I won't. Please leave my posts alone, you're a broken record.[/QUOTE]
So you are going to turn away from a discussion because you don't like my opinion? Some fighter you are.

So you are going to turn away from a discussion because you don't like my opinion? Some fighter you are.

It's not a fight, it's voicing an opinion and yours is repeated ad nauseum.. I will not belittle myself to argue again.
I won't quote or respond to "your opinions" and PLEASE do the same. Got it?

Keep pressing the "dislike" and "disagree" buttons every time I post to your heart's content but please ignore my posts.

That took a long time, thought you must be on late detention or grounded. I won't respond as I said I won't. Please leave my posts alone, you're a broken record.
So you are going to turn away from a discussion because you don't like my opinion? Some fighter you are.[/QUOTE]
No, some people just learn from experience you don't gain much from fighting ignorant broken records. When you learn to drop your fanatic attachment to the need of Tom being a superstar fullback, vicariously living your life through that one outcome, and start to engage in reasonably objective discussion you might find people more receptive... unless, you just feel the need for a righteous rebellious stance in your life.

No, some people just learn from experience you don't gain much from fighting ignorant broken records. When you learn to drop your fanatic attachment to the need of Tom being a superstar fullback, vicariously living your life through that one outcome, and start to engage in reasonably objective discussion you might find people more receptive... unless, you just feel the need for a righteous rebellious stance in your life.[/QUOTE]
So I should just accept everyone else's opinions because they don't like mine and think I'm wrong? I'm gonna support my own opinions to the hill and back as everyone else does on the f*cking forum! I'm not gonna just sit down and accept something that I don't agree with. Now I'm rebellious for having a differing opinion? Give me a break.

It's not a fight, it's voicing an opinion and yours is repeated ad nauseum.. I will not belittle myself to argue again.
I won't quote or respond to "your opinions" and PLEASE do the same. Got it?

Keep pressing the "dislike" and "disagree" buttons every time I post to your heart's content but please ignore my posts.
I'm not going to ignore you as I want to talk about this discussion with everyone. If they agree or not. I don't dislike you, I dislike your opinion and you dislike mine the same. Just talk footy.

His best play last week came from him being in the left centre/wing field position from the play the ball.

Centre or wing for me, we are wasting far too many points every game with him playing FB.
Mate if he isn't fullback we would have had an average 2017 and an even worse 2018. It's easy hit a player when he is down on a bit of confidence he will rise up. You'd be a poor coach.[/QUOTE]

Mate You're deadset wrong that he is a better fullback then he would be a centre. But you are right that he is the best fullback we've got.

At this point i don't think we can win a premiership with him playing the way he plays.

Mate you're a massive sook hey. @Holmsey is just defending his opinion. He's here for the discussion. What are you here for? Telling everyone to stop responding to you.

Mate You're deadset wrong that he is a better fullback then he would be a centre. But you are right that he is the best fullback we've got.

At this point i don't think we can win a premiership with him playing the way he plays.

Mate you're a massive sook hey. @Holmsey is just defending his opinion. He's here for the discussion. What are you here for? Telling everyone to stop responding to you.[/QUOTE]
This guy gets my point. Here to discuss not hate on others.

Can somebody please give Holmsey a quick rundown on how to use the quote feature

More I see of Tom the more my opinion grows that he is an athlete rather than a footballer, hopefully the footy brain grows in time but it's clear at this point he lacks that. There are so many tries scored against us where he is not in the frame as the ball is dotted down that illustrates this point

QUOTE="Kiwi Eagle, post: 1061417, member: 96"]Can somebody please give Holmsey a quick rundown on how to use the quote feature

More I see of Tom the more my opinion grows that he is an athlete rather than a footballer, hopefully the footy brain grows in time but it's clear at this point he lacks that. There are so many tries scored against us where he is not in the frame as the ball is dotted down that illustrates this point[/QUOTE)

INSERT MESSAGE HERE

Mate you're a massive sook hey. @Holmsey is just defending his opinion. He's here for the discussion. What are you here for? Telling everyone to stop responding to you.

Whatever you say buddy, after all you know everything.

What a great father and son team you 2 are; the knowitall self-professed silvertails bullsh!t policeman who loves to beat off on others and the "everybody is picking on me" kid who can't see past his own unknowledgeable opinions.

Good grief, spare me.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10