Isaac Luke

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If they'd suspended Luke ( and others ) for longer earlier in the season then maybe, just maybe he wouldn't have done it for a third time.

wedgetail eagle said:
Sterling on TripleM says there should be a suspended sentence so players, like Luke, don't miss "big games".
Suspended by the neck, maybe.

That's a slippery slope.

It was a textbook lift and therefore deserved a suspension, just like everyone else got this year.

Can't help but wonder with ennis out, whether terrible todd made sure luke joined him on the sideline.

Eagles2nv said:
Can't help but wonder with ennis out, whether terrible todd made sure luke joined him on the sideline.

As someone else hypothesized, now that luke is out, Ennis is back in the squad.

wedgetail eagle said:
Sterling on TripleM says there should be a suspended sentence so players, like Luke, don't miss "big games".

And what would Sterling be saying if Luke had caused an injury or broken someone's neck? Hopefully now he will get the message and not do this type of tackle again.

Look at Matai, he has benefited greatly from the no shoulder charge rule introduced this year. This has probably been the first year in a long time that he has not been suspended. He has done remarkably well to remove this from his game and just concentrate on good hard attacking football.

Mark from Brisbane said:
mickqld said:
Good riddance to both grubs. One could only hope that the other grub Reynolds might trip and miss out as well. Can't stand any of them.

Manly by 13....oh hang on!
It should have been Mark, it should have been. No way that filthy grub club deserved that win over us. Handed to them by Greenturd's grub refs.

wedgetail eagle said:

Stupid, stupid reckoning.

So if its a GF coming up soon, players can disregard the rule book knowing any potential suspension will be carried over to into "other" games.

Too many bleeding heart commentators in our game that want to remain mates with the players, which leads to stupid comments like Sterling's.

Maybe a half game suspension! He can play but must spend the first 10 mind of each half in the sin bin. Or cop the suspension.

Got what he deserved, maybe even a little bit light on.

This is the same guy who claimed "fear for his life and has a wife and 3 kids to feed" when his little legs were lifted and he kicked out at ennis' face (win-win in my opinion, lol)

So it was a bit much to see him try and defend an text book spear tackle which was highly, highly dangerous! But that's his right I suppose.

sbw should not say things like it was a nothing tackle either. I guess the judiciary don't get swayed by those comments but it looked damn dangerous.

*insert Mckinnon comment here*

TLDR? Luke sux

Rodo said:
wedgetail eagle said:

And what would Sterling be saying if Luke had caused an injury or broken someone's neck? Hopefully now he will get the message and not do this type of tackle again.

Look at Matai, he has benefited greatly from the no shoulder charge rule introduced this year. This has probably been the first year in a long time that he has not been suspended. He has done remarkably well to remove this from his game and just concentrate on good hard attacking football.

Matai has never been one to give a shoulder charge,what he does is a very hard tackle with high impact which he got a few good ones off this season anyway

I hate it when people call what Matai does a shoulder charge,its a fallacy

cherry_poppins said:
Rodo said:
wedgetail eagle said:

Matai has never been one to give a shoulder charge,what he does is a very hard tackle with high impact which he got a few good ones off this season anyway

Spot on cherry skivvy does hard hits not shoulder charges like Inglis did

It is a shame for him to miss a GF but it was pretty clear cut that he had to go IMO. He isn't the first to miss a GF and he won't be the last.

Of course Jackson should probably still be suspended for his chicken wing, but that's another story.

manlyfan76 said:
cherry_poppins said:
Rodo said:
wedgetail eagle said:

Spot on cherry skivvy does hard hits not shoulder charges like Inglis did

I'm a big fan of the shoulder charge but what Inglis did was something sinister and needed to be erased from the game and he should have copped a massive suspension for it, it was a dog act

If some other player like Zillman or Snake did that he would have missed half a season but Inglis is a poster boy for a great many things (i see him as a wife beater and nothing more, the lowest form of scum) and is therefore subject to different rules due to his high standing within the community (which also sickens me)

The Grand final I'll be backing JuDes because I don't want any scum to derive any happiness, sure the Dogs might have a few fleas but nothing too sinister we know of

Des is one of my least favorite people, I could go on and on, but what you can't say is he uses dog tactics to win games

Madge on the other hand has made Bellamy look like mother Theresa by comparison, I have many more reasons to dislike souths than I do the Dogs and that speaks volumes of their current club

MadMarcus said:
It is a shame for him to miss a GF but it was pretty clear cut that he had to go IMO. He isn't the first to miss a GF and he won't be the last.

Of course Jackson should probably still be suspended for his chicken wing, but that's another story.

Possible damage of chicken wing is career ending
Spear tackle could be death

Both of those bows are admittedly very long, but true

wedgetail eagle said:
Luke's message-
Battlefield is a little melodramatic.
"Love you's all.." Jeff Fenech was his elocution teacher. ;)

His Twitter name "BullyLuke14" says it all really. Is this the type of person/player he is?

Ironic that when Tooves blows up about Inglis' diving, Souths ark up and say what a disgrace we accuse someone like Inglis of such a thing. That said, what was their major defence last night ? (A) that SBW contributed to the tackle looking worse than what it was. Sucked in Souths and if they are looking for someone to blame for luke's suspension, look no further than G.Inglis.

Aussie Battler said:
Ironic that when Tooves blows up about Inglis' diving, Souths ark up and say what a disgrace we accuse someone like Inglis of such a thing. That said, what was their major defence last night ? (A) that SBW contributed to the tackle looking worse than what it was. Sucked in Souths and if they are looking for someone to blame for luke's suspension, look no further than G.Inglis.

Aussie Battler it's funny because that was my first thought. Souths, Maguire and GI have all been so vocal about our 'ridiculous assertions' that GI somehow contributed to the couple of tackles he has had.

Watmough's tackle on GI was no worse than this, so basically 'stiff ***'. I don't remember people being too upset about that in the media, it was more a case of 'well that could be the end of Watmough playing for Manly'. But certainly no sympathy.

The carry on from some types in the media (like James Hooper) has been so over the top....the defence being he didn't get hurt. That's not really a defence is it?

Look i think i need to stick up for Toddy Greenberg here. He can only help along so many teams. If you could favour only 1 team in the finals and you had to choose between Souths and the Bulldogs, who would you choose? Exactly

If souffs win issac is not going to be allowed onto the stage to celebrate with the rest of the team. Lol Greenberg is a grub.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6