ISC Marvel Superheros Jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan said:
Can I suggest reading http://www.silvertails.net/about/site-information/5449-silvertails-memes
Will always make your time on silvertails more enjoyable. The general vibe that has always been the norm and encouraged around here is light hearted banter to be taken with a grain of salt. If there is ever any doubt I always err on the side of the person using tongue in cheek, it's usually correct

Thanks mate,

I do operate with that in mind most of the time (or try to).

I guess just occasionally when trying to make a more serious point, it can feel frustrating; even condescending to get caught up in folly.

And I'm fully aware I'm guilty of the same just as often, when others are being serious or passionate about an issue.

It's a fine-line and clearly this case of our colours and jersey has proven highly emotional from all angles!

I'm surprised actually by how much I did dislike the jersey (esp the colours) last night...But still don't begrudge those that like it.

Sooner we move on the better I reckon!

The morning after the match and the two points in bag but the jersey is still disgusting.
I hope the club gets feedback from the fans and thinks really carefully about straying from the maroon and white ever again.
Despite the horrendous jersey our champs still managed to win,
so congrats to Tooves and the boys.

I will send my feedback to say I loved it and what a great promotion it was.

Bit like the green we wore around 2008 or that Anzac jersey, all look great on our team.

bob dylan said:

Bit like the green we wore around 2008 or that Anzac jersey, all look great on our team.

I think that's great too mate.

If you liked it, I'm sure you're not alone (@globaleagle did too) and I'd say the club would appreciate some positive feedback.

I can see how it would be a collector's item (part of our history now).

So each to their own and onto more important things, like winning this comp now plz!

It may be good. It may be bad. However I go mine a few backs and despite the negative feedback from some I like and wear it with Manly pride (excuse the cheesy pun)

To the Manly decision-makers: Please, please never play in a strip like that again. It totally confused me and my son, and between us we've been watching from the Hill for a total of 70 years! There were times when we exclaimed "Good Hit" only to realise the tackler was a donkey. Other times when hands went for a possible try we couldn't equate that we were hoping it was the arm in the yellow jersey, not in the maroon and white, that would get the decision.
Frankly, I think playing in the 'Parramatta' jersey dulled the atmosphere on the Hill (plus the chilly weather).
I really hope the club made a motza from this exercise. It seemed a total flop for me. I didn't see one person in the crowd dressed as a Superhero, although Justin Hodges played the role of a villain perfectly on the field.

bob dylan said:

Tis tough being the only 2 true supporters on the forum!

I thought it looked okay initially as a one-off, but quickly disliked it as the game progressed, particularly when I found myself cheering the Donks a couple of times.

Out of interest, was there any feedback from the players? Timing was off in the first half and interested to know if the colours may have thrown a fraction of doubt in the players minds. Only takes a micro second to go from Manly's usual fluent style to the fumbles characterised by other teams.

RiverEagle said:
And I actually find it annoying when the ''true supporter'' jibe is rolled out yet again...And then covered lamely by "I was only joking...sheesh'' yet again.

No big deal. Certainly no need to plead the "I'm so misunderstood...'' line either, in my view.

I would find it annoying to have my comments accused as a lame attempt to cover or back down from an initial statement, and then have people attempt to cover my additional responses by what they think I might plead.........

If I wasn't a true supporter.

In my view.

I must confess that the colours confused me while watching them on the radio sitting around a fire in the bottom padock drinking port.

took a big toke of Kriptonite before we got it together

I love wonder women and splashers girlfriend in marine boy but wished she got her hair cut and he shared the chewing gum

That should just about close down this thread

Go manly

Go manly said:
I must confess that the colours confused me while watching them on the radio sitting around a fire in the bottom padock drinking port.

took a big toke of Kriptonite before we got it together

I love wonder women and splashers girlfriend in marine boy but wished she got her hair cut and he shared the chewing gum

That should just about close down this thread

Go manly

Who had the big toke of Kriptonite?

bob dylan said:

Bob I was seriously wondering if the colours of it (yellow n blue) appealed to you coz of Junee's colours too ? (Group 9 folks)

I wish we could follow the US lead on this and have jerseys with no sponsor BS emblazoned all over it (except the subtlety of the maker's logo). I can't bring myself to spend money on a jersey with ugly corporate logo crap all over it. I know they are sponsors and need to get something back for their dollar, but I have never bought a jersey, and can't foresee ever doing so.

I understand why we wore it and I respect it. Im not a big fan of the jersey.

The one thing that annoyed me was we wore a parramatta coloured jersey the same round we played the only other club that wears maroon and white. It was so confusing. I think that was a bit of a fail.

Im sure the kids enjoyed it and with hugh Jackman being a big sea eagles fan it was a clever marketing gig. Probably will work best for us out of the 5 clubs.

I feel genuinely sorry for those amongst you that were 'confused' as my dog could tell the difference and I never thought she was all that smart.

Maybe I should get her IQ tested. (Maybe she's not the only one)

Certainly seems like some who have asked to move on are using every second post to have a dig at the jersey. Maybe they can tell us what it's like in their part of the world as obviously the sun hasn't risen in the east since the game.

Meanwhile in Gaza......

bob dylan said:

Done and done!

No that's seriously condescending @globaleagle

The overwhelming consensus is dislike for the jersey, and even some confusion in context on the night.

Doesn't make people stupid. Doesn't mean they don't have a sense of fun.

And they shouldn't have an opinion or be passionate about their footy, because there are serious world crises and issues (so shame on them)?

You can say the exact same thing for 99% of comments on Silvertails; and a vast majority of what people do and say everyday, including you mate.

Perhaps we're all just making the best of it, despite what's happening in the world.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8