ISC Marvel Superheros Jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Any and every initiative for charity is great HM.

I'm just saying the Steptember and cerebal palsy association on the night is a positive, from wearing these ''Eels'' strips.

Go Wolverine! Go the awesome looking jerseys!

That guy sounds like a whinging pom!

Happy to have no sponsors on the jerseys if the NRL will hand over the equivalent in no strings attached $$$$$ equal to double the sponsorship worth.

Just listening to the local radio station in Canberra 104.7 and they were talking to Jarrod Croker. Even he thinks the Wolverine jersey looks like Parra!!!!

Stevo said:
So what. Get over it you bunch of whingers. It's a 1 off for a good cause. There is no Maroon and White Marvel Superhero so this is what we get because of our ties with the Wolverine. FFS

Exactly mate, can't believe all the complaining about it, not like it is a permanent change, there are still 4 other jerseys in maroon and white this year to keep everyone happy

Stevo said:
So what. Get over it you bunch of whingers. It's a 1 off for a good cause. There is no Maroon and White Marvel Superhero so this is what we get because of our ties with the Wolverine. FFS

The new "The Flash" costume is maroon with a gold lightning bolt.

Got mine on right now, wore it the gym last night and a couple of Manly fans there were going home to order one, they loved it.

Bit of a traditionalist myself, but if we win by 30+ and/or the "Prince of Brookvale" scores 3 tries in this kit, big chance you won't get your size by the end of the game.:rolleyes:

It might even become a memento of our current resilience in the face of adversity back-story:cool:

Our boys have the power to create a collector's item.:)

Declaration: The writer is not currently an owner of the Wolverine Jersey

Yeah each to their own.

It's not a big issue either way for me; I just don't like the Parramatta look is all.

And, the cerebral palsy (and association by colour with the Allison Baden-Clay day) are great.

Even if we won by 100 I wouldn't want or wear this jersey.

But for those that like it, enjoy!

I personally love the innovative jersey and also fully support the cause for Kids with Cerebal Palsy. Obviously its a mixed bag in regards to our fan bases reaction to the jersey and everyone is allowed their own opinion on them good or bad.

While I absolutely believe in tradition and heritage, I also embrace moving with the times and evolution. This being a one off promotion means its unique and should be viewed as such. I'm sure everyone understands why the Wolverine character and colour design was used with the Hugh Jackman connection.

Something interesting I did note was my 12 year old son is a huge "Incredible Hulk" fan. Now while he supports Manly like his old man, I told him he could only buy 1 Marvel Superhero jersey. Due to the fact he already has 3 Manly jerseys I thought he probably chooses the Canberra jersey being it's a Hulk themed jersey and looks pretty cool too. Well to my surprise he said while he loves the Canberra Hulk jersey, he still wants the Manly jersey because no matter what the COLOUR or DESIGN he is loyal to his team.

This really reminded me that its not about the jersey, but loyalty to our team no matter what they wear or look like.

However at the end of the day, I guess people will purely like it or dislike the jersey simply from a fashion standpoint. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder is the saying that comes to mind lol.

Either way I think the most important part about tonight besides the charitable side of things is getting a W. Always has been and always will be!!!

I think what you're saying is correct.

If you don't like the jersey....you're not a ....anyone? anyone?

correct!....a true supporter!

globaleagle said:
I think what you're saying is correct.

If you don't like the jersey....you're not a ....anyone? anyone?

correct!....a true supporter!

No global, I disagree with that.

Just because I don't like a yellow/blue jersey doesn't mean I'm disloyal (to Manly).

I see what @Jax24 is saying; I just disagree.

It's not a fashion statement (or not).
It's just the Parramatta-esque style I dislike.

Even the Hugh Jackman link is spurious. (He doesn't wear yellow/blue jumpsuits in XMen flix anyway).

I hope the night's a success (for the charitable causes) and we win well.

Just don't try to tar those of us who don't like this radical jersey as disloyal (to Manly) on that basis.

For those that are 50/50 on getting one. Good cause and our team wearing it aside, it's funny how a lot of the valuable collectibles are the limited production ones that no-one liked or a different colour to the standard so are a bit rare. The things I never buy.:(

Not that I would ever sell it:dodgy: but I was starting to do the sums on my community jersey until all you bandwagon jumpers-on caused a mega-re-issue:p

Back to investing in Cronulla Premiers memorabilia I guess.:D

Definitely get your point RiverEagle. You simply just don't like the colour scheme which is your preference and it does somewhat resemble Parra's jersey too lol. Doesn't mean you are not loyal to the team, you just dislike the colours.

A'lot of our fan base dislike this jersey based purely on its visual displeasure to them. This has nothing to do with their loyalty to the team just a personal preference. I have no problems with this.

I guess my point was more aimed at those who believe this jersey somehow disrespects and degrades our teams proud tradition and history even though it is a one off.

Jax24 said:
Definitely get your point RiverEagle. You simply just don't like the colour scheme which is your preference and it does somewhat resemble Parra's jersey too lol. Doesn't mean you are not loyal to the team, you just dislike the colours.

A'lot of our fan base dislike this jersey based purely on its visual displeasure to them. This has nothing to do with their loyalty to the team just a personal preference. I have no problems with this.

I guess my point was more aimed at those who believe this jersey somehow disrespects and degrades our teams proud tradition and history even though it is a one off.

Yeah mate, that's all it is really.

Was just saying that, and I have no problem with ppl that like or love this jersey.

You're clearly raising a fine young man there too mate.

And congratz @eggson too for his successful thread!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8