ISC Marvel Superheros Jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HK_Eagle said:
wombatgc said:
The prostitution of the Manly jersey should never happen again.

Can't we at least pimp ourselves out to a night worker with a penchant for maroon!
It was ugly!

Colours aside it looked better than Fatty in maroon coloured wrestling tights on last nights Footy Show lol

Some weird alternative universe thing going on. Please never do this at Brookie again. Away maybe but not at home.

5642764-3x2-700x467.jpg

Of all the teams to do this with, Manly and Broncos? Let's just switch colours shall we? Throughout the game I found myself going for the Maroon and White occasionally. Please don't ever do this again Manly. Garbage.

Nope, not true supporters!

I don't like hadley at the best of times but to carry on about it like he didn't know it was happening was just annoying and unprofessional.

It took wally at the 78th minute to even realise snake had a wolverine beard, which hadley tried to palm off as Amish.

RiverEagle said:
globaleagle said:
I think what you're saying is correct.

If you don't like the jersey....you're not a ....anyone? anyone?

correct!....a true supporter!

No global, I disagree with that.

Just because I don't like a yellow/blue jersey doesn't mean I'm disloyal (to Manly).

I see what @Jax24 is saying; I just disagree.

It's not a fashion statement (or not).
It's just the Parramatta-esque style I dislike.

Even the Hugh Jackman link is spurious. (He doesn't wear yellow/blue jumpsuits in XMen flix anyway).

I hope the night's a success (for the charitable causes) and we win well.

Just don't try to tar those of us who don't like this radical jersey as disloyal (to Manly) on that basis.

You can disagree all you want, but as you're disloyal your opinion means a little less.

Note to @Dan I refuse to continue using 300 emoticons per post because people have lost the ability to take anything written other than literally. If people need :D:D:p:angel::heart::D at the end of every post to stop them going Clydesdale climbing, then the world is sinking fast.

:cool:

The sad part is there is a pic in the report of the game on news.com.au where Choc is being tackled. It looks so much like he is wearing a Parramatta jumper getting tackled.....not good.

globaleagle said:
Nope, not true supporters!

I don't like hadley at the best of times but to carry on about it like he didn't know it was happening was just annoying and unprofessional.

It took wally at the 78th minute to even realise snake had a wolverine beard, which hadley tried to palm off as Amish.

RiverEagle said:
globaleagle said:
I think what you're saying is correct.

If you don't like the jersey....you're not a ....anyone? anyone?

correct!....a true supporter!

No global, I disagree with that.

Just because I don't like a yellow/blue jersey doesn't mean I'm disloyal (to Manly).

I see what @Jax24 is saying; I just disagree.

It's not a fashion statement (or not).
It's just the Parramatta-esque style I dislike.

Even the Hugh Jackman link is spurious. (He doesn't wear yellow/blue jumpsuits in XMen flix anyway).

I hope the night's a success (for the charitable causes) and we win well.

Just don't try to tar those of us who don't like this radical jersey as disloyal (to Manly) on that basis.

You can disagree all you want, but as you're disloyal your opinion means a little less.

Note to @Dan I refuse to continue using 300 emoticons per post because people have lost the ability to take anything written other than literally. If people need :D:D:p:angel::heart::D at the end of every post to stop them going Clydesdale climbing, then the world is sinking fast.

:cool:

I know you were being cheeky (although you clearly like the jersey) but at times the lines blur mate; and it's not always obvious.And I was also responding to Jax24 and others in the thread who were taking the issue a bit more seriously.

Just on this rare occasion I decided not every little post or issue is just a joke, too.

9 times out of 10 we see eye-to-eye and the humour in things (especially sarcasm).

Once in awhile, naturally we don't. Nor is it abundantly clear where the truth is in what you're saying (occasionally).

You could make a comprehensive case against the jersey (pimping out our brand, the clearly divisive colours etc.) but that's all been covered now.

And I actually find it annoying when the ''true supporter'' jibe is rolled out yet again...And then covered lamely by "I was only joking...sheesh'' yet again.

So I made a call this time, to be respectful of the issue; and yes (serious or otherwise) made my point in that light.

No big deal. Certainly no need to plead the "I'm so misunderstood...'' line either, in my view.

Can I suggest reading http://www.silvertails.net/about/site-information/5449-silvertails-memes
Will always make your time on silvertails more enjoyable. The general vibe that has always been the norm and encouraged around here is light hearted banter to be taken with a grain of salt. If there is ever any doubt I always err on the side of the person using tongue in cheek, it's usually correct

Brissie Kid said:
Some weird alternative universe thing going on. Please never do this at Brookie again. Away maybe but not at home.
Yes, a shocker. Seeing a couple of players modelling the jersey was one thing, but to watch the whole team run out in those colours was deeply disturbing. I truly feared or guys would be confused when it came to the instinctive quick passes to supports.
Nice gimmick as a one off but next time use Manly colours!!

Jethro said:
Related article:

Superhero Sea Eagles support kids with cerebral palsy

Tue 29th July, 09:10AM

As they step out at The Fortress on Friday night to do battle against the Broncos, the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles will be playing for much more than two competition points.

With uniforms inspired by Wolverine as part of the NRL’s ISC Marvel Super Heroes round, the Sea Eagles will be stepping out as superheroes to help kids who can’t take steps of their own.

Read more at seaeagles.com.au

From that article:
"Four Manly players – Matt Ballin, Jamie Buhrer, Tom Symonds and Peta Hiku will have their activity monitored during the clash with the Broncos, with the player who covers the most distance awarded the inaugural STEPtember Players Shield.:

anyone know which player won?

Kager said:
Whatever the cause all I can see is Broncos playing Parra at Brookie.... I don't like, there should have been a way to include Maroon there is no connection to our usual colours.
The Broncos jerseys looked more like Manly than ours did. I kept cheering when they were attacking our line.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8