It’s official... Des can coach....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
You cannot fault Des ,a old school coach who believes in relying on proven veterans and bringing classy youngsters along slowly and making them earn their spot.
That's how you bring in a team first mentality and avoid unwanted youthful individual cockiness.
Des has this team eating out of his hand , and it shows with the performances he is asking for and receiving back from HIS players.

nice repeat but it doesn't change facts.

we lost 4 miserably after a very bad end to 2020. we had injuries. the young kids came in at exactly the same time TURBO returned and its turned out sweet.

Those same kids could have been selected round 1. perhaps hammered perhaps not and we could be in a very different position today.

Lets set out our stalls.

you say luck and good timing.

I say the old guy can still coach and given he's not on here typing away and instead winning matches we can agree to disagree.

enjoy the ride as Des hopefully takes this side deep into the finals on luck and good fortune.
Mate I am just going to repeat another post from last week, as you seem to think I don't rate Des as a coach. That is not the case. An analysis of my posts on this topic would demonstrate that I do rate and respect Des's coaching ability, particularly off the back off his first stint with us. I choose to see his time away as an aberration though. Where I differ with you (and some others) is that I feel he made a series of mistakes in team selection last season, and this season. These mistakes have now been rectified, Turbo is back, out of form players are now in form, and the whole team is performing extremely well. That's fantastic news for all of us, both Des hating heretics and Des fanboy disciples alike. I am already enjoying the ride mate, and will make the somewhat bold prediction that (if this form continues, Turbo remains injury free and Des continues to coach us as well as he is doing right now), we will only lose two more games in the regular season.

"Des has done a great job coaching us of late. I can definitely see us winning this week against Parra at Bankwest. A lot of that will be down to both improvements in team selection and changes in coaching structures implemented by Des and the entire coaching staff, in response to our abysmal start this season. Des has previously been the master innovator as an NRL coach. Recent games are demonstrating that he is somewhat returning to normal transmission. Of course "some" of the form improvement is attributed to coaching, but how significant is this factor alone?"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11