It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Here we go @Mark from Brisbane #next week
I spoke to the club today to put a hold on my auto members renewal ( 3 between my kids and I) Had a very pleasant lady on the line and she ask me why. I told her I am waiting to see who and when will the new coach be announced. Her response was " I can't tell you who it is but as a Manly supporter I'll be very happy when it's announced next week"
I must admit after talking to the young lady I'm very optimistic about our new coaching staff.

If the appointment has all but been made, as has been suggested, I'm really surprised the media haven't gotten hold of it. Maybe the leaks have dried up...

Can someone please tell me when #NextWeek actually starts?!?! I think it’s too simple to just say Monday the 15th October...

If the appointment has all but been made, as has been suggested, I'm really surprised the media haven't gotten hold of it. Maybe the leaks have dried up...
I was thinking the same thing Mitch while we where chatting, what I can say is she was going to give me a call after the announcement to discuss our memberships, I politely said don't bother calling me if it's JC or JT, her response was "I'll call you next week as you will be pleased"

I was thinking the same thing Mitch while we where chatting, what I can say is she was going to give me a call after the announcement to discuss our memberships, I politely said don't bother calling me if it's JC or JT, her response was "I'll call you next week as you will be pleased"
Did she say which day you might expect a call?

The longer this circus keeps going the more likely Des and or 2v's are in the mix. Why? Negotiating the return of either (or both) would not be straight forward in the ways each left the club. If I were them, I also would be wanting Barrett no where near the club in any capacity so there is that legal crap also happening.

I also think Macguire is till in the mix after biting the journalists head off in yesterdays press conference. Maybe the club wanted him to start now but as he stated, his passion is to complete the test series as NZ Coach so negotiations may continue after.

The others; if Cartwrong, Henry or Taylor were actually still being considered now, I doubt the negotiations wouldn't have been concluded quickly as all them would be pretty much wanting the job. I suspect none of these 3 are in the mix.
I truely hope you are right but I think you'll be wrong. The Penns have a history of not forking out for quality and they'll be going for the cheapest option most probably Cartwright or god help us all Taylor.

Can someone please tell me when #NextWeek actually starts?!?! I think it’s too simple to just say Monday the 15th October...
It started early last season ....... we waited and waited and waited.

If Barrett has indeed been asked to stay for the entire 2019 season, maybe our new coach has commitments and is unavailable until 2020?

Here we go @Mark from Brisbane #next week
I spoke to the club today to put a hold on my auto members renewal ( 3 between my kids and I) Had a very pleasant lady on the line and she ask me why. I told her I am waiting to see who and when will the new coach be announced. Her response was " I can't tell you who it is but as a Manly supporter I'll be very happy when it's announced next week"
I must admit after talking to the young lady I'm very optimistic about our new coaching staff.
Most supporters will be very happy if it is Toovey

Most will probably be OK if it is Des or Maguire

Anyone else and I cannot see the fans being happy

Maybe Toovey has offered to do the job for free and the Penns accepted as the cheapest option?

Has to be someone who played for Manly otherwise the woman at the club would not have said Manly supporters will be very pleased. Des and 2V are the obvious ones that come to mind but then again it might be someone out of left field no on expected who was a former Manly man. The Walker Bros? Watmough?

Most supporters will be very happy if it is Toovey

Most will probably be OK if it is Des or Maguire

Anyone else and I cannot see the fans being happy

Maybe Toovey has offered to do the job for free and the Penns accepted as the cheapest option?

As long as Penn gives them the tools to compete, I'm happy. If a coach is acquired, because they know and accept that the poor conditions are evident, then that's not the basis you want a coach hired. Just dumb in my opinion of the club to think so.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8