Jack Bird

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Be like Newtown in the old days with Paul Hayward, Garry Sullivan, the Dawson twin.

Mr Stabby will fit right in.
And the answer to last week’s quiz, the Oldtown Bluebags/Jets.

The other two were not rugby league clubs with affiliations to the 1960s/70s and early 1980s Sydney underworld.

Innocent til proven guilty is the saying..
The jury weren't satisfied beyond reasonable doubt?? You lost me there
He wasn't found innocent at all. He was found not guilty there is a big difference. The jury weren't satisfied beyond reasonable doubt. A big No from

Innocent til proven guilty is the saying..
The jury weren't satisfied beyond reasonable doubt?? You lost me there
I know what you mean but the jury doesn't make a finding of 'Innocent'.
If the prosecution doesn't prove their case beyond reasonable doubt the verdict is simply 'not guilty'.
But yes, presumed innocent (still).

I know what you mean but the jury doesn't make a finding of 'Innocent'.
If the prosecution doesn't prove their case beyond reasonable doubt the verdict is simply 'not guilty'.
But yes, presumed innocent (still).
Ordinarily but in this instance, there was more to it, which I think is what Tragic Eagle was pointing out @KNUCKLES
The jury were unable to reach a verdict (neither guilty or not guilty) on 5 of the 6 charges, which meant it was hung jury across two seperate trials, and the possibility of a third trial existed. However, the prosecution decided not to bother with a third trial.

Yeah life is tough. I know a guy who went jail for same. Was just a kid, killed people in car went to jail and came out with all sorts of problems.

People don't realise when something happens like you mention dozens of lives are affected if not ruined.

The families on both sides. Work mates and Schoolmates. First responders from members of the public to Ambos, police and doctors and nurses. Then judges and jurors etc.

Sad old world.
I agree and understand all the devastation one destructive act can cause

But one great change in attitude can greatly change a way of life and completely transform it for the better

Last edited:
I understand however if you are trying to build a culture you need to look at what sort of player you want to bring into a club.

Now it was a poor joke but the sentiment stands the same. Almost every poster on here has questioned the culture in the club (and the apparent lack of effort etc)

Some of that is inherit to the club, some of it is what you bring in
I also Understand and agree with the importance of building a positive culture as this is imperative

A positive culture is also a culture that understands and accepts a player that comes to the club for an opportunity full of redemption and appreciation and the desire to make amends and make new friends for life .

The moral of the story
Great cultures inspire all types of people to become their best versions

I also Understand and agree with the importance of building a positive culture as this is imperative

A positive culture is also a culture that understands and accepts a player that comes to the club for an opportunity full of redemption and appreciation and the desire to make amends and make new friends for life .

The moral of the story
Great cultures inspire all types of people to become their best versions
Tough thing is if you do this for so many players it is a pretty big gamble

His name reminds me of a poem I wrote at High School entitled Bird.

Busted leg
Busted wing
Cannot fly
Cannot sing.
Might as well shoot the bloody thing.

Sorry, I will let myself out.
Did you draft this one for Phoebe on ‘Friends’, Bob?
24265E20-2717-43D4-A203-9E457548D70B.jpeg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4