Jackson Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
hahah you and that grumpy old bastard Nightster are the funniest ones on here,although I would have replied with Scatterbrains "hey dude don't call me dude"

The sportingnews dufus spelled "insular" correctly but fell into the trap of putting an "r" on the end of "peninsula".

S/he appears to get a lot of mileage from quoting silvertails.

Couple of good articles on the telecrap today about Hastings. They are behind the paywall but just google the heading.

Sounds like his head in the right place. Takes responsibility for how his Roosters tenure went. Sounds ready to rip in. Very good to read...

Last edited:
Couple weeks of good articles on the telecrap today about Hastings. They are behind the paywall but just google the heading.

Sounds like his head in the right place. Takes responsibility for how his Roosters tenure went. Sounds ready to rip in. Very good to read...
Thanks for the tip Loobs.

Why Jackson Hastings fell out with the senior players at the Sydney Roosters
aed9f5a5121b76bf9680d21c29e7000e

aed9f5a5121b76bf9680d21c29e7000e

JACKSON Hastings admits a lack of respect cost him his career at the Sydney Roosters, revealing he fell out with senior players in a mistake that had him considering quitting rugby league.

In his first interview since signing with the Manly Sea Eagles last week, Hastings opened up about why he had to leave the Roosters to link with his childhood mentor Trent Barrett.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...s/news-story/aed9f5a5121b76bf9680d21c29e7000e

Last edited:
“Daly Cherry Evans was the bloke I wanted to be like when I was 16. I need to earn their respect and their trust. I will do that by working hard, not trying to be the hero at training.’’

Can anyone post the full article?
Can anyone post the full article?[/

“I rubbed a lot up the wrong way early on at the Roosters,’’ Hastings said.

“And that was hard to fix. I was 17 when I went there and I didn’t earn the respect of the older boys. And I regret that.

“It was all my wrongdoing. None of theirs. It was my fault and I have to cop the consequences.’’

Hastings, a playmaking prodigy hailing from the Illawarra, considered walking away from rugby league after being told he would spend the season playing for Wyong in the NSW Cup.

“I did have doubts,’’ Hastings said. “I had to asked myself why I was still doing this. But the guys at Wyong were quite inspiring. They reminded me what footy is about.

“They all turned up with a smile on their face and enjoyed what they were doing. I took a bit of a leaf out of their book and just started enjoying it again.’’

Hastings was midway through the three hour trip to Wyong when he was told the Sea Eagles were prepare to give him in NRL shot.

“My manager, Sam Ayoub, called me with about a week to go of the preseason and told me Manly were interested,’’ Hastings said.

“I just jumped at the opportunity. It is a fresh start for me and something I am looking forward to.’’

Hastings, who admitted to his past mistakes and blamed nobody but himself for his Roosters demise, said he had made it his mission to earn the respect off his peers when he begins his career as a Sea Eagle next week.

“I am going to go out of my way to show them the respect they deserve,’’ Hastings said.

“I have looked up to a lot of the blokes there for years, and they need to know that.

“Daly Cherry Evans was the bloke I wanted to be like when I was 16. I need to earn their respect and their trust. I will do that by working hard, not trying to be the hero at training.’’

Hastings denied he was arrogant or egotistical, as some have suggested.

“The ego thing is pretty funny,’’ Hastings said. “Everyone I meet brings it up. They tell me that I am real different to the things they have heard about me.

“They change there minds when they meet me. But I can see why people think that of me.

“It upsets me that the way I go about my football, or they way I present myself lead to people thinking of me like that.

“What I want people to know is that I am definitely not arrogant. But I do have 100 per cent confidence in what I am able to do and what I want to do on the football field.’’

“I rubbed a lot up the wrong way early on at the Roosters,’’ Hastings said.

“And that was hard to fix. I was 17 when I went there and I didn’t earn the respect of the older boys. And I regret that.

“It was all my wrongdoing. None of theirs. It was my fault and I have to cop the consequences.’’

Hastings, a playmaking prodigy hailing from the Illawarra, considered walking away from rugby league after being told he would spend the season playing for Wyong in the NSW Cup.

“I did have doubts,’’ Hastings said. “I had to asked myself why I was still doing this. But the guys at Wyong were quite inspiring. They reminded me what footy is about.

“They all turned up with a smile on their face and enjoyed what they were doing. I took a bit of a leaf out of their book and just started enjoying it again.’’

Hastings was midway through the three hour trip to Wyong when he was told the Sea Eagles were prepare to give him in NRL shot.

“My manager, Sam Ayoub, called me with about a week to go of the preseason and told me Manly were interested,’’ Hastings said.

“I just jumped at the opportunity. It is a fresh start for me and something I am looking forward to.’’

Hastings, who admitted to his past mistakes and blamed nobody but himself for his Roosters demise, said he had made it his mission to earn the respect off his peers when he begins his career as a Sea Eagle next week.

“I am going to go out of my way to show them the respect they deserve,’’ Hastings said.

“I have looked up to a lot of the blokes there for years, and they need to know that.

Hastings denied he was arrogant or egotistical, as some have suggested.

“The ego thing is pretty funny,’’ Hastings said. “Everyone I meet brings it up. They tell me that I am real different to the things they have heard about me.

“They change there minds when they meet me. But I can see why people think that of me

“It upsets me that the way I go about my football, or they way I present myself lead to people thinking of me like that.

“What I want people to know is that I am definitely not arrogant. But I do have 100 per cent confidence in what I am able to do and what I want to do on the football field.’’

Haha how good is the bloke getting slammed in the comments section for saying he bets Manly wished they kept Foran instead of DCE...

Why Jackson Hastings journey to Manly was 12 years in the making
8e2364b8c697f9bde8e9a3c63b83b7c8

8e2364b8c697f9bde8e9a3c63b83b7c8

TRENT Barrett’s coaching career began 12 years ago in a South Coast backyard with a rugby league-obsessed nine-year-old.

Last week, Manly Sea Eagles coach Barrett signed that kid, Jackson Hastings, as a utility.

“I first met Trent when I was nine,’’ Hastings said. “It is pretty surreal that he is now my coach in the NRL.’’

Hastings recalled how he first met Barrett and the circumstances that lead to the NRL star becoming his personal mentor.

“My mum played touch with his wife and I used to run up and down the touch line watching him play,’’ Hastings said.

“Shaun Timmins and Matt Cooper also played in my mum’s side so it was pretty cool for a nine-year-old to get to watch that.’’

Hastings first session with Barrett began with the former Dragons star swimming across a lake just to throw the footy around with him.

“He ended up living across the lake from my nan and grandad,’’ Hastings said.

“He used to see me when I was out the back. I would wave and he would take the time out to come across the lake. He would walk across if it was low tide and even swim across if it was high tide. He would come over and throw the footy around with me.’’

Soon Barrett was firing footballs to Hastings on the Lake Illawarra soccer field.

“He used to take me down to the park,’’ Hastings said.

“I wouldn’t ask, he would offer. I just cherished it. For him to want me to come and play with him ten years later is just so special. To say I want to pay him back for everything is an understatement.’’

Hastings credits much of his NRL rise to Barrett.

“He taught me a lot,’’ Hastings said.

“Even just being able to watch him play tough was remarkable. I suppose I was studying him even back then.

“Any kid growing up in the Illawarra watching the Dragons play wanted to be Trent Barrett and I was the kid that got to train with him.

“I was a five-eighth too and he showed me all the skills that have helped get me to where I am.’’

So what will be different when Jackson and Barrett are reunited Sea Eagles pre-season training next week?

“I think he might end up yelling at me a little more,’’ Hastings said.

“I don’t think he will have the same patience. There might be a few more swear words too.’’

Hastings is looking forward to his next chapter which will include other familiar faces including Dylan Walker, who he has played alongside.

“I have also worked with a couple of the other coaches,’’ Hastings said.

“So I feel really lucky to be going there. I am also really looking forward to working with Bob Fulton. The guy is an immortal and a legend of the game. I just feel so privileged to get the opportunity to go to a club with such good people and a rich and proud history.’’

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...g/news-story/8e2364b8c697f9bde8e9a3c63b83b7c8

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8