Jamie Humphreys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Will he become a better version of Croker?
Certainly would not think so in defence , probably could offer a bit more variation in attack and directing play .
A bit of reasonable tactical kicking by both if required .
Croker a bit more to offer in the short term . on present indications
Sill regard Humphries offering more future value mainly as a 7 but that could change also down the track and with what he may be able to bring to a 9 role .

His goal kicking isn't great.
OK he might have been slightly better than Garrick in 23. 66% compared to 63% which is big average. The real sharp shooters of the comp are in the 90%.

Missing one in 10 compared to one in 3. Now that's going to win you games of footy.

More kicking practice needed boys. Much more.

Last edited:
Looks like Humphries has managed a good off season preparation , Not sure if one training caption of him looking beefed up a bit is working in his favor also but as long as it apparently is not affecting his mobility and so on , all good
Still have the notion that Gordie can bring something very useful to compliment Froggy but as Humphries can cover the halfs as well , could well be stepping up in the bench pecking order a bit
Brown can cover 13 to prop and if his form warrants , should be in strong contention for a bench spot if not even starting .

In 2023, Garrick's goal kicking percentage was 80%. In comparison, Cleary's was 84%.
We both might have things slightly scew if. Garrick kicked 63 goals in 23 so yeah my bad is 63 looks to have been landed as opposed to his percentage perhaps.

Below seems to say 84% is Cleary's all time percentage. And he was actually a little better at 86% in 23.

I'd be interested in Humphries per centage in 23 if 66 turns out to be how many he kicked all up in 23 then. Surprising not the easiest things to find.

I'd be interested in Humphries per centage in 23 if 66 turns out to be how many he kicked all up in 23 then. Surprising not the easiest things to find.
It may be difficult to find Humphries' complete goal kicking stats as he played many games in Flegg as well.
We both might have things slightly scew if. Garrick kicked 63 goals in 23 so yeah my bad is 63 looks to have been landed as opposed to his percentage perhaps.
I have kept a spreadsheet for Garrick's goal kicking over the last three years which should be fairly accurate

2021 121/146 82.8%
2022 62/80 77.5%
2023 50/62 80.6%

From memory, Garrick had a good rookie season in 2019 with goal kicking towards 80%, but had a dud goal kicking year in 2020. His weakness is goal kicks early in the game midway between the touchline & the right goal post. It's obvious that he works very hard on his goal kicking. In comparison, goal kicking comes very naturally to DCE.

Edit: a quick look at Flegg results shows Humprhreys kicked 43/52 - 82.6% - also scored a lot of tries

Last edited:
Interesting that the DT predicted teams has Jamie claiming the 14 jumper ahead of Gordon or Jake Arthur.
I would be astonished if Humphries got a gig ahead of Gordie when Gordie played a couple of half decent NRL games late last year and Humphries is still untried.

82 per cent for Humphrey. Yeah that is up there. That's handy very handy. Another feather in his cap to get selected over the next bloke. I'm sdisappointed during his career DCE didnt want the kicking job. Agree a natural kicker who if he practiced could have been in that Thurston, Smith class at controlling a game including with the boot.

Will he still wear his costume if he plays first grade?

1707451807499.png

Ok so my bold prediction for 2024 is humphries will jump ahead of Gordon for the bench spot in 2024 (to start the season at least)
my bold prediction for 2024 would be when there is an injury to koula, garrick or turbo and talau is given a go a centre he will nail it. leaving paulo and vaega who are both pretty average for nrl in reserve grade and garrick back on the wing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8