Jamie Lyon says defectors have left Geoff Toovey high and dry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mcatt said:
Utility Player said:
mcatt said:
Jamie Lyon is a champion. I'm glad someone has finally come out and said that it was a rough deal for all these blokes to ditch Tooves a month before pre-season training!!
To be fair they did not intend to ditch him until 2013 which would have given him time to get his own team together.

Hasler was the only one that was sacked. The others left and went straight to Belmore, as they had no contract to break. It was simply a matter of quitting as you would any normal job.
But if A did not happen then B wouldn't have either.

Certainly was not hard to read between the lines. As I said before Hasler and crew stuck it up the players along with the Fans and the Management bordering on insubordination. I would think the boys are really upset as their Grand Final celebrations were coincidentally hijacked at the time of their departure. Killer is my all time fav Manly Player. We are so fortunate to have this great football mind playing for us. Great article.

For everyone regarding the poster "General Patton":

get-attachment.jpg

Jethro said:
For everyone regarding the poster "General Patton":

get-attachment.jpg

You are no fun Jethro.

General Patton said:
Lyon mustn't remember how he walked out on Parra after round 1, 2004.

Parra let Willie Tonga go to the Bulldogs because they already had two centres. You reckon they could have used him after Lyon spat his dummy and left?

Leaving your mates high and dry? Jamie Lyon's a hypocrite.

Go stick ya head up ya bulldogs bum! The Berries LMAO, well thoughout name for a team.

[attachment=248]

Sorry Jethro, couldnt help myself.

Lyon is a legend, next to Beaver my favourite player post Northern Eagles (and by the time he finishes at Manly he could be on equal terms). I hope when he retires he won't be lost to the club. I'd love to see him involved with the club in some official capacity.

Expect to see Jamie usurp Michael O'Connor in the line-up when the next 'greatest ever Manly team' is announced.

It's a no-brainer already.

A true captain is someone you would want beside you in the trenches.
Jamie Lyon is one of those men.

Bump.

I've just re-read the article, when this was written when we had no coaching staff but once again our great club bounces back. Let's hope we have a strong year under Tooves to shut up the knockers.

I have it on good authority that Sir Des is driving the puppies hard over at the Doghouse. Apparently the players don't know what hit them.

I could imagine the Dogs wouldn't be used to training hard.

We might have more of an even contest when we play them next.

If he left how would it be a betrayal ?

If he leaves this year the club needs to release him if he leaves next he is out of contract a d entitled to leave

lsz said:
If he left how would it be a betrayal ?

If he leaves this year the club needs to release him if he leaves next he is out of contract a d entitled to leave
If he left this year so close to the start of the season of course it would be a betrayal. However it appears that is not the case. Next year is a different matter and if he leaves I wish him well. To clarify, my comment was meant to be flippant.:)

Fair enough but he could only leave if the club let him - either way it is all speculation!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4