Jamie Lyon to the Titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Eagles2nv said:
So now that the dust has settled on lyons contract for 2013, fox has already turned the attn to lyons contract 2014 onwards.

Brace yourself for the pile of rubbish rumours, misleading media information and rothfields poor excuse for journalism.

Who wants to start the lyon signing thread in anticipation. :)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/manly-sea-eagles-enter-talks-with-jamie-lyon-in-bid-to-keep-star-at-club-for-rest-of-his-nrl-career/story-fn2mcuj6-1226557165566#.UPqgHyede_0

or start a pick a date thread

MadMarcus said:
manlyfan76 said:
Craig Field is being released from prison to the custody of some relative on the GC. Titans fans just get excited and run their mouths off at any chance their team is going to get better. Then again he probably would make their team better.

Nah, I reckon Field is headed to the Eels to replace Sandow:

http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/whats-the-buzz-ex-nrl-bad-boy-craig-field-living-in-sydney-after-being-released-on-bail/story-e6frfkp9-1226545151952
Yes he's been asked to sign up to be their "Speed" coach !!!!

If Lyon would have signed with The Titans, it would have been perfect timing with him building his own house on The Northern Beaches, because I hear their marquee players get "free" rennovations done when required.

Titans should worry about their current crop of players that tey have, what a disjointed rabble of a club, Jamie hasn't signed for you and I couldn't care less if he was denied, but now manly have an opportunity to table an offer, so go jump on someone else's forum titans fan and get into their ear a out your next attempted shambles of enticing a player to your woeful club !

Jatz Crackers said:
Its quite clear to me that Lyon did not ask for a release and that the Titans have been disengenuous throughout.

And to you Titans Fan, I have a question. You state that you know Lyon asked for a release because you heard it from May himself.

You heard that in person from May or from the May posting on the Titans forum ?

Its 'quite clear'? Oh since when? Sorry delusional Manly fan dont think its 'quite clear' about that. Frankly Jamie isnt quite clear about anything himself. Jamie typed out a 'letter' saying that he didnt ask for a release didnt he? Whats the difference between a letter and posting on a forum? Its the same concept you tool. Did Jamie your best bud tell you in person?

Titans Fan said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Its quite clear to me that Lyon did not ask for a release and that the Titans have been disengenuous throughout.

And to you Titans Fan, I have a question. You state that you know Lyon asked for a release because you heard it from May himself.

Its 'quite clear'? Oh since when? Sorry delusional Manly fan dont think its 'quite clear' about that. Frankly Jamie isnt quite clear about anything himself. Jamie typed out a 'letter' saying that he didnt ask for a release didnt he? Whats the difference between a letter and posting on a forum? Its the same concept you tool. Did Jamie your best bud tell you in person?
Did Jamie tell you personally that he asked for a release or did that come from you idiot CEO who hasn't got a clue. He only got that position be default when Searle got the arse.

The lunatics are in charge of the asylum up at the gold coast.

Titans Fan said:
Jatz Crackers said:

You didnt answer my question about May did you. Instead its just more hysterics & angst.

Here is a tip for you. Kiwi Eagle is a very smart man, and just a little clairvoyant.

Facts are we have a culture to envy, 8 finals in a row 2 priemerships. I remember the early days after the ne breakup having blokes such as jason Ferris , wade forrester these days players come here because our club has that aura again like the storm. Look at the emerging kids wanting to play here.
Facts are clubs will throw the kitchen sink to get a bit of that culture, and sometimes the carrot is too much like des.
So while killer seems keen to stay, not everything ends in fluffy white clouds. In 2014 both gifty and choc are off contract and again rival clubs will throw anything to get some of our winning culture.
Look at the titans plenty of names but under perform, the tri colours plenty of hoop la this year but no grit and roll sleves up attitude. The sharks have to blend in guys from 2 badly performed teams in the panthers and tigers sure good individuals but not played in successful teams.
I can see our pigs improving with the pressure applied by young kids this season, our culture cannot be bought it comes from within.

I would think Joe g and kitey will be looking for superleague deals simply put killer requires some dough not overly confident gifty and choc will both stay?

Kiwi Eagle said:
Choc will never go anywhere imo

Frankly, I don't think Gift will either. Snake is there and I can't see him wanting to play elsewhere KE.

And I'd be surprised if he's not pretty high on the club's priority list.

The only variable is some club coming up with ridiculous money that he just can't refuse.

I know this has nothing to do with Jamie but with all our "older" players coming to the end of their playing careers introducing all these younger players, to our club at the one time, is a brilliant plan.They will become immersed in our club culture and be taught by some of our most successful players in our history.They will become a tight knit group like this group and learn what success is all about.I hope they can be patient for the rewards for those who are could be a premiership or two.It looks like they are planning to have many young and exciting players complementing our two good young half backs. I think we will be in the thick of things, at the business end of the competition, for many years to come.

winnyason said:
I would think Joe g and kitey will be looking for superleague deals simply put killer requires some dough not overly confident gifty and choc will both stay?

Definitely. This is the last year for both of them and I think management is confident with the front row kids coming through and the new ones brought in. King has got another year on his contract after this one and then he will probably retire as well. Its going to be a period of transition over the next couple of seasons. The most important thing is that our young halves that are central to our success are locked up long term.

At the same time in the near future it'll be time to bring a big name in (helps with memberships and merchandise).
The club just needs a line like this :
Cash lasts a little while,
Glory lasts forever,
So ask yourself what do you want to play for cash or premierships?

Kind of like this old adage:
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars

Due to the dollar and tax implications super league is not as attractive as it once was - especially for Joe a family man or Kitey whose wife has just opened up a store on the beaches

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8