• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
There seems to be a conspiracy of silence regarding the status of Jamil Hopoate.

The Sea Eagles Management have had the opportunity to disclose this player's status for most of the year now, but seem unwilling to make a statement that can explain to supporters why Jamil remains on the outside of selection. What's the problem? Why the secrecy? He's either eligible or he is not. If not why? If eligible why is he ignored?. Simple questions to answer surely. If we knew why it would end speculation about what is happening.

Jamil was sentence to 18 months prison with a non parole period of 12 months in December 2014. The offence occurred over three years ago and he has since completed his parole mid 2016. He also completed a 2 year good behaviour bond late last year. He has had no further charges and has seemingly concentrated on his football. Yet though he has completed his last period of conditional liberty over half a year ago and has had no further indiscretions. he seems to remain on the outer. Footballers having committed far worse offending, have returned to first grade much sooner that Jamil.

So what is the issue? As a supporter I'm asking management to let us know what his status is.

There seems to be a conspiracy of silence regarding the status of Jamil Hopoate.

The Sea Eagles Management have had the opportunity to disclose this player's status for most of the year now, but seem unwilling to make a statement that can explain to supporters why Jamil remains on the outside of selection. What's the problem? Why the secrecy? He's either eligible or he is not. If not why? If eligible why is he ignored?. Simple questions to answer surely. If we knew why it

The Sea Eagles Management have had the opportunity to disclose this player's status for most of the year now, but seem unwilling to make a statement that can explain to supporters why Jamil remains on the outside of selection. What's the problem? Why the secrecy? He's either eligible or he is not. If not why? If eligible why is he ignored?. Simple questions to answer surely. If we knew why it would end speculation about what is happening.

Jamil was sentence to 18 months prison with a non parole period of 12 months in December 2014. The offence occurred over three years ago and he has since completed his parole mid 2016. He also completed a 2 year good behaviour bond late last year. He has had no further charges and has seemingly concentrated on his football. Yet though he has completed his last period of conditional liberty over half a year ago and has had no further indiscretions. he seems to remain on the outer. Footballers having committed far worse offending, have returned to first grade much sooner that Jamil.

So what is the issue? As a supporter I'm asking management to let us know what his status is.
maybe he's just not good enough yet!

In answer to the two comments above, the issue about dragging the chain has been a rumour doing the rounds since last year. That may well be the case but I'd prefer management to let us know one way or the other. Regarding Manly Tragic's comment, reports I keep hearing about his efforts in the Reggies suggest he's been consistently one of the best in the team. If so why are players who arent performing as well getting a look in ahead of him. He may be not in the eligible players to play first grade, not in the nominated group made at season's start, and I can accept that. Cant accept its to do with performance on the field. All I'm doing is asking Management for clarification. If there is a legitimate reason (not completing tasks, not in eligible group etc) fair enough. But lets have clarification

In answer to the two comments above, the issue about dragging the chain has been a rumour doing the rounds since last year. That may well be the case but I'd prefer management to let us know one way or the other. Regarding Manly Tragic's comment, reports I keep hearing about his efforts in the Reggies suggest he's been consistently one of the best in the team. If so why are players who arent performing as well getting a look in ahead of him. He may be not in the eligible players to play first grade, not in the nominated group made at season's start, and I can accept that. Cant accept its to do with performance on the field. All I'm doing is asking Management for clarification. If there is a legitimate reason (not completing tasks, not in eligible group etc) fair enough. But lets have clarification
Might be best to send an email to the Sea Eagles and ask about Jamil. Hopefully they will respond with an answer. I doubt they would care to read or respond here.

How dare you question team management. They would tell you they are not answerable to fans, club members, nor the general public......to a degree sounds like Greenturd?

From what i've been told (take with a grain of salt), June 30 was always the target to get him registered if he didn't play up and completed everything. An incentive to say on the straight and narrow so to speak. A few reliable people brought up last month that he was slow out of the gates on doing what was required program wise focusing more on his footy than the other tasks and should have been well completed, but had not yet finished everything set out for him to do.

Maybe nothing has been said yet as he may very well have completed at the last minute and now it is under review by NRL which wouldn't be an overnight process. If paperwork was lodged in time and things pending, he may still very well come in. No-one is going to make a comment while wheels may be in motion, nor would the club come out and say no he hasn't finished everything yet, effectively shaming him and not helping the reputation at all. So, not sure, but my hot chilli sauce reckons that being slow at it will mean he has to stay where he is now and do the full year in reserves which is why there was that last minute grab from parra for depth, which was a spot there waiting for him to move into.

Also probably too young/No need to rush him

So, not sure, but my hot chilli sauce reckons that being slow at it will mean he has to stay where he is now and do the full year in reserves which is why there was that last minute grab from parra for depth, which was a spot there waiting for him to move into.
Yeah, that sounds very plausible.

Ahhh isn't he 22/23??? Born in 1994 i think, same year as Jake

Same year as Walker, Milford, Gutherson Oates

Not saying he won't develop and its too late, but he certainly isn't too young
Woah, wow geez thought he was younger, looked old when watching his games although i have always believed he was rather young, interesting then. Give him a chance manly, this week would've been a perfect opportunity for him

Had he not been an idiot with his behaviour away from the field, he would probably have been in first grade 2-3 year ago. Its forgotten no doubt that he was selected over a year back for first grade but the NRL blocked it because he hadnt rightly met their requirements. I've no problem that he had to pay penance for his prior misdeeds. He had to prove he was leaving that foolishness behind him and concentrate on his football talent. It has now been three years since that nasty assault offence and he has apparently stayed clean since then, claiming gaol time taught him a big lesson. Hopefully that is true, but we can only rely on his actions since then, and they seem OK. Therefore the question must be asked when does he become again eligible for firsts. If he hasnt completed his required tasks, then fool him. If he has, what is his status now. That's the only question being asked.

I think Supernintendo may have already given the answer

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10